Mar 15, 2011
Extinction Level Event, come on man, haven't you seen Deep Impact??:D

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah things kept catching on fire or whatever too.. but some things seemed to be ok, like that house. Not sure.. wasn't all encompassing.. but seemed to wipe people out, thought i imagine a lot of those would be 'after' the event.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I like the new backdrop.. Kinda reminds me of the clips from the old style fallout games.

cold slither

Hair Farmer
Mar 14, 2011
Atlantic City, NJ
Yeah things kept catching on fire or whatever too.. but some things seemed to be ok, like that house. Not sure.. wasn't all encompassing.. but seemed to wipe people out, thought i imagine a lot of those would be 'after' the event.

I like the idea that the long dormant Super Volcano under Yellowstone let loose.

Firefly76

For the Emperor!
Mar 27, 2011
Black Mountain N.C.
The only hint at all is from the old man they run into after leaving the bunker. They are sitting down at the fire eating and he says " I knew this was going to happen. This, or something like it". But the old bastard never mentions what "this" was. it does not take away from the over all story though. Not knowing that is. I really like the movie adaptation.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
The only hint at all is from the old man they run into after leaving the bunker. They are sitting down at the fire eating and he says " I knew this was going to happen. This, or something like it". But the old bastard never mentions what "this" was. it does not take away from the over all story though. Not knowing that is. I really like the movie adaptation.

lol, still lame..." I knew this was going to happen. This, or something like it" could mean ANYTHING!

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
exactly. i was reading online about it, and the main purpose of the story is not about the actual event or the who is, just about the man and the boy and dealing with the mentality of surviving, not the actual surviving at that.

It's just all psychological. There are already many movies about nuclear holocaust, survival after the fact, zombie holocaust, but none really touch the mentality of it.

SPOILERS

I mean, this one really captures the fact the father just wants to die. simple as that. but can't bring upon himself to kill his son. He wants his son to do it but his son won't. Which is why every time they come upon trouble, he tries to convince his some to off himself instead of dealing with the problem or running away. He knows if his son can do it, then he can just finish himself and it will all be over.

Also, from what I understand, the movie changed the ending to make people "feel good" by adding the family taking the kid in. Why would a family, already burden with 2 kids of their own, take in another in such a world with no chance? Supposedly, the world's improvement rate was zero since life was dead (animals, plants, etc) which is why cannibalism was rampant.

cold slither

Hair Farmer
Mar 14, 2011
Atlantic City, NJ
SPOILERS

Also, from what I understand, the movie changed the ending to make people "feel good" by adding the family taking the kid in. Why would a family, already burden with 2 kids of their own, take in another in such a world with no chance? Supposedly, the world's improvement rate was zero since life was dead (animals, plants, etc) which is why cannibalism was rampant.

They took him in because "They carried the fire"... Duh. ;)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
if the ending was really changed, i wonder what the original ending was supposed to be...also, i wonder how many licks i takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop...

hmmmmm

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
knowing us, probably the first post...

BTW, the book sounds better...think she sang, "i want my baby back baby back baby back" after she finished?

Firefly76

For the Emperor!
Mar 27, 2011
Black Mountain N.C.
Yeah. The book is pretty gruesome. A lot like the difference between reading American Psycho and watching the Movie American Psycho. The book is way more graphic.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Any one else vote for Eddie? I would say we need just about five or so more votes.