Pershing Tank IDF

Tenerifecrimson

Enlisted
Jul 23, 2011
Tenerife island
My favorite tanks are the Leopard (sorry for the Abrams fans) Because of that my wife have decided to offer me an R/C version of one. Unfortuatlly as she know absolutly nothing about the tanks she have offer me an M26 Pershing with sound and smoke. Why did you say? Just because the M26 is called "the snow leopard" so for her it's a tank, it has traks, a turret, a gun and on the box they say leopard that have to be a Leopard tank ! Simple isn't lol

So she's back home with this tank and after some fake smile (sorry for that darling) I have think on myself: "what can i don with that? it don't match with my period" After some research on internet i have found a custom version of an M26 as an IDf tank. But the M26 has never been on service in the IDf and the custom version is a "What if". So, ok i am gone make my own version of a "what if" IDF M26

With a figure to give an idea of the size:

On the the advantage is the possibility to put 2 figures on the turret. Here is the WIP tank commander:

Tenerifecrimson

Enlisted
Jul 23, 2011
Tenerife island
The first "big" job for me is to remove the antena from the rear side to the turret. On this model the antenna was placed on the turret and not on the engine bonet. I have also removed the lights as i want to placed them on an other side and put modified Tamiya lights with the light inside:

Here is the result:

I ahve also remove the front parts upon the tracks and the .30 caliber with the led:

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
this is getting pretty interesting. Now one question is: Why would you cut the front fenders off!?!? I'd definately get some brass sheet and re-make them but becuase brass is metal you can bend it and give it damage. Its they way its done on 1/35 scale models

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Let me know if you need any help with it, I have several severely modded 1:16 HL's.

First thing you need to do is get some proper gearboxes in that bitch if you plan on running it and then tear out the smoker unit since it will break the first time out anyways.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Because i am gone replace them with thiner plastic parts ;) as many times they were damaged or broken

I'd go with brass sheet If I were you. It's much easier to get battle damage with metal to look realistic then with thin styrene, the styrene can crack easily too if you try to add damage.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Understandable. I'm just giving my opinion, but I agree, just go with what is readily available. Can't wait to see this done!

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Ok, This makes me want to say screw 1:18 armor. Do you have a Crew for it yet? If so pics please!

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Sweet, would like to see how they look next to the beast. Depending on that may final pick up a Jagdtiger and get to work on my ARAH Sgt. Savage stuff.

Tenerifecrimson

Enlisted
Jul 23, 2011
Tenerife island
On the rear I have put the number plate for the tank that I still have to paint and the code sign on the turret.

On the front, I have added son tracks and the other number plate. I have paint the gun muzzle in black like the originals IDF tanks:

I start to work on the turret side coffer and added some Tamiya ammo boxes and tools:

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice! How fun is that? Driving that tank around your life size village.

Tenerifecrimson

Enlisted
Jul 23, 2011
Tenerife island
it's pretty fun, with the other gear box, it moving more like a real one. Also have to work a little on the suspension as it moving a lot but maybe it's comming also from the small rocks. I've made a (really) small video that I ve to convert and after I gone put the link here

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
South of Atlanta---North of Macon
Hey brother!!! Nice lookin' tank!!!;) I like the lo-cal in you dio---really has that West Bank look!!! I might of missed it in the other posts but are you going to add some more hebrew markin's on the tank???---RED---

Tenerifecrimson

Enlisted
Jul 23, 2011
Tenerife island
Hi Red, I have to place the "V" sign in white on the turret and that's all. I have look at the Centurion Tank used in the Yom Kippur war as reference for the colors and the markin like the plate number, the code sign on the rear of the turret

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
dude, thats beautiful!...if you were able to put that in an enviroment that wouldnt give away scale, you wouldnt be able to tell it wasnt real...

awesome awesome job!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
damn man, you really put your heart and soul into that tank.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Damn dude, I wish I could muster the patience to do something like that. Bravo, Can't wait to see the crew!

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Beautiful. Also looking forward to seeing the crew on that thing