PJ LifeLine and MP shockwave

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
It's been over two years since I've made a custom, but I'm going to start here with my first two since my hiatus. This thread can be used for any information, rank, load-out, and background brainstorming/info on Shockwave and Lifeline, and hopefully kind of make a easy recipe for these guys that other people could follow.

Shockwave

I plan on using this color scheme for him, Shockblast (v1) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive

I plan on implementing some sort of repelling gear and possible breaching gear/RC drone

I plan on using desert duke torso, law and order vest, shock blast head and hat

Lifeline

I plan on making him look like a real world para jumper that would squad up with airborne and lift ticket on the eagle hawk.

I plan on using as many LL parts as I can, but using ult. firefly arms and legs so joints aren't red.

I plan on making him badass.

The retaliation ultimate firefly is already mostly Lifeline parts, so it is a great base to start from for a more real world para rescue man.

Please discuss and give ideas on parts and any other info that could be useful!

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
The first thing I did is trim the figures shoulder area so he can better hold his accessories. I also removed the collar.

If I can I'll use a Lifeline torso and won't need this torso anyway. But, for now I'm acting as if I won't find one

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
Not much of an update but I found a nice LBV for him that looks close enough to the LL torso sculpt for me

I am still looking for LL head and helmet and accessories!

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
I did a lot more work on LL today, first I sanded the FF torso to smooth out the look for the multi cam shirts pjs wear and because I will need to sculpt a little where the ff collar was removed. Next I trimmed the LBV to closer resemble a PJ loadout, I think it went well, lastly I converted a bbi? Head to fit the neck post and started sanding it to fit a beret and a helmet as well as sculpted hair and sunglasses to round out the LL look. Tell me what you think so far

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
I got it at a place called collectors marketplace but I don't know what it's from probably BBI

Last edited:

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
Thanks, I really wish I did know what the vest was from, it looks good trimmed up, from the front it almost resembles a shock troopers. Once I find a hobby shop today I'll be able to finish sanding and prepping for sculpt and paint. I'm pretty stoked I have been able to use the parts at hand and haven't had to have anything shipped to me so far on this project. I'll post more pics after the hobby shop

Also does anyone have any tips on painting multi cam? I also need info on waterslide decals like where to get American flag patches

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Work light to dark, and get the smallest brush you can find to do the disruptive pattern. Other than the fact that there's a fade in the actual pattern you really can't recreate in 1:18 and without an airbrush, but otherwise it's not anymore difficult a pattern than any other. Just tedious.

As for flag patches, most of folks are making them themselves, you could try smaller scales as a source, though:

http://hotlapsracin.com/flags.jpg

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
Nice thanks, I found bad mother tattoos and decals by searching today, I may use them since I don't own a printer. I'll take my time with it and hope for the best, another member suggested using a sponge and even gave me a color palette so I should be able to make it look O.k.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've heard of using a sponge for camo. Never tried it myself, but whatever works.

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
The rifle strap is looking cool.

Thanks I used real leather for it. After that I painted a DG shipwreck to try and practice my multicam with the paints I had at hand, I plan on making a nightfox and torpedo to go with him but I might go back and use AOR1 camo for the SEALs

It's been two years at least since I've painted a figure so I'm not super happy with the results but itsca step in the right direction for multicam. The pic doesn't show it that well either I'll take daylight pic tomorrow

Last edited:

kt174

Assaulter
Oct 20, 2013
Carolinas
Thanks I used real leather for it. After that I painted a DG shipwreck to try and practice my multicam with the paints I had at hand, I plan on making a nightfox and torpedo to go with him but I might go back and use AOR1 camo for the SEALs

It's been two years at least since I've painted a figure so I'm not super happy with the results but itsca step in the right direction for multicam. The pic doesn't show it that well either I'll take daylight pic tomorrow

Your camo looks good. I like the idea of the team you are putting together.

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
so, I sculpted and painted today, the head is too big for the helmet I'm using, unless I keep him bald or sand the head down more. I might have skipped a step or two today but I'm getting antsy and want to finish him. I'm 75% pleased with how it's going so far.

Also he has removable knee pads now.

His head looks deformed but it's just shadow

Last edited:

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
If I can find some cobra troope knee pads and a lifeline head and helmet is be pretty close to finished on this guy, for now this is it. I plan on doing a black wh, and adding some more bits and bobs for accessories

kt174

Assaulter
Oct 20, 2013
Carolinas
What do you think so far?

The camo looks great! I like the tac-vest and his overall look. The only that I would change is the headgear. I would use one of the Retaliation Ultimate Flint helmets, it looks kinda like an Ops Core FAST helmet. Since you are pretty good at sculpting from the look of things. You could give him some ear pro(Peltor headset) if you wanted to cover up the ear hole on one of those FAST style helmets.

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
I thought of that and will most likely go that route, I just ordered a LL head from raginspoon and will see how that fits, if not I'll use a LL helmet too, I also need a beret for him

Primo_baddest

Enlisted
Dec 20, 2014
haven't ordered the head yet I'm bad at painting faces so I'm procrastinating...haven't ordered the head yet I'm bad at painting faces so I'm procrastinating...

Last edited: