POC Storm Rider

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I recently got a POC Storm Rider. His black paint on his elbow joints is really bothering me. I'm looking to paint them to match his skin color. Has anybody done this yet? What color of paint did you use?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I can't believe Storm Rider got a new head and Monkeywrench was a damn repaint. I passed on that figure the first time I saw him due to the elbows alone. It's almost impossible to paint without getting wear. You thought about using Shipwreck arms?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I can't believe Storm Rider got a new head and Monkeywrench was a damn repaint. I passed on that figure the first time I saw him due to the elbows alone. It's almost impossible to paint without getting wear. You thought about using Shipwreck arms?

yea. I just picked him up cheap in a trade. If I wasn't such a sucker for Noks, I would have passed. MW got fucked over by Hasbro. Fucking dicks. I hadn't thought about swapping arms. If I did, I would lose his Tats

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I have thought about this too. i have one idea but have not tried it yet. My thought is to remove the black joint all together and replace it. My only concern is whether a boil and pop will work on the arms like it does on the kneecaps. I am sure i can get it off, The question is will i be able to get another one on. I have plans on replacing Stormriders with Tiger Flint. Has anyone ever tried removing that particular joint piece from a joe?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Boil and pop/hairdryer and pop work fine for removing forearms. I put RoC SS's on the upper arms of a PoC Alley Viper.

Getting different sets to match is another thing. I know i had to do some cutting to mate the 25th Viper's lower legs to the Shock Trooper's thighs.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
How much do you tend to "pose" your figures? You just find a set of fore arms that work or are close of a match and cut the one side of the arm that holds the joint in place. Remove the peg part from form arm. Replace with the donor part. Put a little glue on the to rejoin the arm, Of course with the new joint in it and your done.

It sounds more complex than it really is.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Boil and pop/hairdryer and pop work fine for removing forearms. I put RoC SS's on the upper arms of a PoC Alley Viper.

Getting different sets to match is another thing. I know i had to do some cutting to mate the 25th Viper's lower legs to the Shock Trooper's thighs.
I mean, only remove the black part, the joint itself(peg part), not the entire forearm. I want to keep the lower arms for the tattoos.

How much do you tend to "pose" your figures? You just find a set of fore arms that work or are close of a match and cut the one side of the arm that holds the joint in place. Remove the peg part from form arm. Replace with the donor part. Put a little glue on the to rejoin the arm, Of course with the new joint in it and your done.

It sounds more complex than it really is.
I got ya. But this would cut into the Tats. Them i want to keep. Also, i stand them like statues, but I can't keep my hands off of them. I am always repositioning everything. i would need to put a peg inside to help make it sturdier with gluing it back together (or i would snap it each month. lol.). definately wont have the room to keep Tats. I think i'll just try removing the peg part from an old arm i probably wont need. See what happens

Thanks guys!!

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I got ya. But this would cut into the Tats. Them i want to keep. Also, i stand them like statues, but I can't keep my hands off of them. I am always repositioning everything. i would need to put a peg inside to help make it sturdier with gluing it back together (or i would snap it each month. lol.). definately wont have the room to keep Tats. I think i'll just try removing the peg part from an old arm i probably wont need. See what happens

I don't mean cut the arm. I will have to go home and take pictures tonight to show how to do it, This technique could be used on shoulders and ankles too to get correct joints with out painting it shouldn't cut into his tats either. I think we both thinking of to different ways.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I just pulled an AV forearm apart, and i don't know if you can get the peg and disk piece out without obliterating the peg in the elbow.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Awesome! glad it worked. I may do a "how to" on it still may come in handy for others.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Agree with K-Tiger, only way i have ever gotten paint to stay on that piece was to dremil it down so it didnt touch. I actually think thats more work than swapping the part and that risks damaging spots on the forearm from the dremil touching.