Project Civilian

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I have been wanting a spot where all the different civilian looking figures from any line 118th. Any articulation. I read somewhere there is one at HT. I don't want to go there so decided to start my own. Figured we could get a pretty good list filled pretty quickly.

Some Avatar figures

Animal Planet rescue set vet.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
That third one in the top row of the golden compass set is awesome!

"Lord Asriel", played by Daniel Craig. Pretty good sculpt too. I used it for my James Bond headswap LBC.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
A few of the Bandai Dragonball Evolution figures are usable too, specifically Master Roshi (top centre, orange shirt), Yamcha (top centre right, brown jacket) and Bulma (the chick at top right)

I was lucky to find a lot of these on clearance ($4 each) and picked up several for fodder. :)

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012

Ateam figs, though they're kind of pricey now.

Mutt Williams from Indy 4 and some of the other Indy figs could work

Wolverine Origins were awesome... new movie figures.. not so much.

Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I've got the white Saltwater Adventure boat...I need to make a water slide decal of the Slice of Life for my Dexter custom...

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
PTE Sports and Adventure:

They did come out here back in 2005/6, I know my friend has some in storage. THey did the Dirt Bike in red, had a canoe set as well (reused from the military releases).

PTE also has those swat and Firemen sets.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Men in Black III, naturally:

I haven't tested it but I think maybe you can get some legs on Mr. Fong, thus making him useful outside of Dear Leader customs.

UFC figures:

Last edited:

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I always thought the Avatar figures sucked. They're smaller than Star Wars figures when it comes to scale, so it'll be hard to get them to match well with Joe figures.

Though... I still love my Watercooler Palpatine, lol

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I always thought the Avatar figures sucked. They're smaller than Star Wars figures when it comes to scale, so it'll be hard to get them to match well with Joe figures.

Though... I still love my Watercooler Palpatine, lol

That's awesome! Like the cranky boss everybody hates. :D

I used mine to make Shaun of the Dead. :)

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Though the Avatar figures are on the short side, they work well enough for shorter people in general. The guy with the tie makes me think of an office weasel type guy. Jake Scully in wheel chair...well, he is in a wheel chair, so the scale isn't really an issue. Then you have Sigourney Weavers character, and most women are shorter than men on average, so that's not a problem either.

Cadet Uhura from the last Star Trek movie line would work pretty much right out of the box as an everyday female.

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Though the Avatar figures are on the short side, they work well enough for shorter people in general. The guy with the tie makes me think of an office weasel type guy. Jake Scully in wheel chair...well, he is in a wheel chair, so the scale isn't really an issue. Then you have Sigourney Weavers character, and most women are shorter than men on average, so that's not a problem either.

Cadet Uhura from the last Star Trek movie line would work pretty much right out of the box as an everyday female.

I ordered one of her on ebay last week when I was hunting civilians. Should arrive any day now.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I picked up a Avatar tie guy, and a Star Trek Scotty with the thought of making a Shaun of the Dead custom, but never got around to finishing it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably dumped a load of them at discount retailers.

Still, looks plumb useful.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Umm, I think that's the 6" figure.

Yeah, that's the 6". Lil' Uhura has a pistol belt.

Last edited: