PTE Blackhawk WIP

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Haven't had much time to work on this, but I did scribe some panel lines.
I also did the underside of the nose, but I couldn't get decent pics last night.

Deunan waits patiently for me to finish.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
PTE Delight! looking stella. Can't wait to see it done and a side by side to your bbi would be interesting

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I finally received the styrene rod and sheets I ordered off eBay, and I added a few little details last night.

Nose detail from styrene and aluminum roofing tape:

Fuselage top detail (cable cutters and grill) from styrene:

I managed to fix my airbrush too, and sprayed them last night.
Just a few more things to do, and this will be finished.

Last edited:

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Fled, that thing is turning out amazing. Great job on the IR and radome! I can't wait for the finished product.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Painted and weathered:

For the underside lights (and the FLIR lens) I used a hole punch and some aluminum tape.

Attached. I used the hole punch to make a styrene disk for the FLIR lens. I filed down a flat spot on the dome and superglued it on. I still need to weather it and retouch its baseplate.

I was gonna call this finished, but I realized the underside needs a few more details.
Also, the pilot steps. It wouldn't be the same without them.

Getting close now!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
For the underside lights (and the FLIR lens) I used a hole punch and some aluminum tape.

Hmm, have a round plate above the port side nose bubble on the Huey that needs to be made.

Good idea!

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
OK, there's still a couple of little things to stick onto the belly, but I feel it's (as near as makes no difference) finally done.

I snapped a few quick photos in the early morning sunlight just before I left for work.

Full view

Closeup of the nose

Canted tail rotor

View of the movable rear stabilizer

Flight!

The whole project has been a learning experience for me.
I admit I had doubts about my ability to accomplish this, and there are a few things I'd do differently, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.
I'll take some better pics when I have time, but please enjoy these for now. :)

derek_001

Banned
Dec 12, 2011
Cordell, Oklahoma
well thanks midget but i had to get pics first...
ANYwho....heres some pics of some antenna you could add and the wires on the one u already added theres also antenna above the sliding windows on each side... i also notified the flare pods arnt on yours...

Attachments

• UH-60A_98-26800_3416.jpg
    UH-60A_98-26800_3416.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 16
  • UH-60A_89-26142_11775.jpg
    UH-60A_89-26142_11775.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 16

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Thanks guys. I don't plan to add markings to it at the moment.

Yes, I did leave out a few things - the HIRSS exhaust shrouds and the antenna on the tail boom, for example - but I had to make a compromise between detail vs playability. It's a toy, after all, and not finescale.

I may add those to my customized BBI bird though.

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'm bothered a little by the Gunners head sticking out the window like that. He better get goggles.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Man, your door gunners need those Ragingspoon flight helmets with the MFS attached!

I should really pop in to Suncoast sometime and see if they still have a Japanese product section. I could use some new "kinda-sorta 1:18ish" gals.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Great Job Fled!!! Looking at my pte BH right now and the transformation is superb, especially for a learning experience endeavor.

You should be proud son.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Thanks again guys!

Man, your door gunners need those Ragingspoon flight helmets with the MFS attached!

I should really pop in to Suncoast sometime and see if they still have a Japanese product section. I could use some new "kinda-sorta 1:18ish" gals.

It was your influence that made me get those gashapon bikini girls in the first place. :D