PTE Z-9 Rocket Copter WIP

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I posted this WIP pic last week:

Did quite a bit more work on it over the weekend.
Airbrushed with a mix of Tamiya Olive Drab and bit of Khaki Drab, then clearcoated.

Still not sure about the armament. Here are the anti-tank missile tubes it came with.

M260 FFAR pod from the PTE AH-6 (needs more work).

AIM-9 Sidewinder heatseekers from the PTE A-10. Unlikely for a ground-attack helo, but it's nice to know they fit (as do the A-10's AGM-65 Mavericks).

Overhead view showing the experimental loadout.

I also made the landing gear removable for in-flight pics.
The chopper still needs markings, and a little weathering (and maybe a couple of door guns).

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
AIM-9 Sidewinder heatseekers from the PTE A-10. Unlikely for a ground-attack helo, but it's nice to know they fit (as do the A-10's AGM-65 Mavericks).

Tell that to the Whiskey and Zulu Super Cobras that have wing tip rails for Sidewinders, and the Delta Apache and Kiowa Warriors, that are air-to-air Stinger capable.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Tell that to the Whiskey and Zulu Super Cobras that have wing tip rails for Sidewinders, and the Delta Apache and Kiowa Warriors, that are air-to-air Stinger capable.

Yeah, I was thinking about that last night. I might just extend the winglets/pylons and add another inboard hardpoint on each side.

Darkwind01

Enlisted
Nov 19, 2012
Love it so far, she looks mean!
Lucky you got it with the weapons also.
I had to make my own for my chopper. . .