*radio squelch* Send more paramedics...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So I've been pretty firm on repainting the cartoony finish on the Zombie-Vipers. MB sent me one, and after a vacation in Missing Land I found him and got the grim task over with.

Painting corpses, much like camouflage, isn't hard, just very labor-intensive. I can understand why people just do grey skin and lots of bright red arterial blood splatter, but I just can't live with it.

Christ I need to build a light box.

Kimbo in a jam.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Looks great(maybe a little contrast would help though), I'm diggin the colors you used for the flesh

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Impressive, most impressive. Yeah thats how they shoulda looked in the first place.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
i just got 2 of these the other day, it's a cool figure, what i didnt get was the extra limbs with tenticles, and the hair is the same color as the skin. why aint the hair painted?

nice job man.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Heh, if we think 9.00 bucks for Joes sucks I can't imagine what we'd have to pay for them with a proper painting.

He's got a pretty spartan color pallet. I just think Hasbro was saving dough by leaving the hair undone.

I really think the tenticles were a nod to the Bio Vipers.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
:D

I reckon if I do another one (it'll at least be a permanent home for that contest head I did) I'll ease back on the blackening skin and go a little more bloody.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I had one. I'm gonna see iffin' I can get another shot.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Looks about right. For a kid's toy, I don't so much mind the blue. I completely agree that they did it to somehow tie into the Bio-Vipers. Hell, had the show continued, we may have seen these guys in some animated format. Who knows.

But for a collector, it's all sorts of weird. Nice repaint, it's much more "realistic" as far as zombie realism goes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably not real helpful, Eddie. My camera battery is damaged so I have dick for shooting time now.

Definitely need to go back and paint up those pipe bombs. Red?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Not the best pics, but you can still clearly see how much better he looks even in the poor lighting...the realistic paint job suits that figure quite well

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's got a LOT of detail. They did a really good job on the sculpt, other than the less than intimidating expression.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
damn KT, i have been struggling with not repainting mine. I only have 1, i usually dont repaint a figure if i only have 1, but now seeing just how great he looks done up. i may need to bend that rule.
You nailed that paintjob very nicely!!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks, Medd.

I only have the one myself, but I forced myself to take the leap. Why couldn't it have been in wave 2 instead of Ren CC?!

Even natural light conspires against me!

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
thats a ton better...you can see a lot of color AND detail...a hint blurry, but you can see what you did just fine...and it looks great!...man, i'm gonna have to do up the 3 i have ...i have a a really good head to use thats A LOT more menacing

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I actually found my Zombiue Contest entry head!

Matches up pretty well, strangely enough.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Holy hell that's an OUT_FRICKIN_STANDING repaint! I would army build those by the dozen if they came that way!

Very nicely done!

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I don't know what to say, it looks great! I really like the blackness on the hands and feet, like they are almost ready to fall off!

You really do a great job on your painting.

And where did you say that second head came from?

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
that head looks fantastic on that body!...that head along with the stock head and the screaming zombie head i have, man, that'd be a perfect set

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
If and when I get some zomz, I think the head I used on my WWI German might have to pull double-duty.

Oh man, I want this figure so bad!!!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks, fellas!

I don't know what to say, it looks great! I really like the blackness on the hands and feet, like they are almost ready to fall off!

You really do a great job on your painting.

And where did you say that second head came from?

The second head actually started life as the Chalice of Kali from the Indiana Jones line. Believe Fled sent it to me for the contest.

I'd love to hoard them. They make great zed heads with some work.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Couldn't have done it without you!

Just got to rustle him up a Z-V body.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I do. I think Fogger has me a set, but may be waiting until after Slayer Con in case he picks me up some heads to send them?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What are the pipe bombs for?

Failsafe device, pipe bombs with a pound of Semtex, triggerable by any man on the team with the coms.

This one really has to be in-hand to appreciate the paint.

I really want to do a fresh "convert" to try out painting lividity. Who had that nude slayer torso, again?

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got the girl from the Spy Kids 2 line so there's that, I agree that I need to get one or two more civies. And more zombies!

Medd is gonna send me that nude torso so I'm gonna have a NotLD, fresh-off-the-slab zed, too.