Rescue Helo

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
I've been working on this thing for a lil while. Never really moved further than taking it apart until this weekend. So here it is:

Hope yall like it

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Looks great, Maybe put some stickers on it to really pop. This reminds me I have to pick one of these, when Big lots stocks this stuff again.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I like the color scheme, though I see you skipped painting the inside. Also, having done one of these before, if you're real careful, you can remove the windows. The only ones that are glued are on the door panels, everything else has clips. Saves on trying to mask them. Where'd you get the rescue hook thing from?

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
i was going to attempt to remove the windows but since I am as gentle as a Kodiak, I decided it was easier to tape them. The rescue hook was from my BBI blackhawk.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
love the scheme!...paint came out clean too...like SR said, it'd look even better with some decals...maybe a hint of weathering/wash?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice! I also need to pick one of these up. Looking forward to seeing it finished and with figures in it and being raised from harm

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Quick update: Made a huge goof on the grey while painting(Painting is a PITA for me) so the helo got a lot more black. Added a .50 cal to left side, some stickers, and put a IR defeater underneath also. Action shots to come later(reformatting 2 of 4 computers in my house right now...not happy)

IR Defeater

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I dunno, I think I like it better with the black vs. the gray, and the .50 makes the bird look pretty damn mean. That's a rescue helo they'd have to think twice about messing with!

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Great detail, I agree on how well you did. Adds so much value to that bird for what it costs.

Does the 50 seem to big? would a mini gun be a better?

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Thanks for the compliments guys.
As a first 'finished' custom for me this is a big deal( I have like 4 or 5 more projects going at the same time). The .50 is actually removable and can be replaced with other armament if necessary. I do not have a good looking mini-gun so the ma deuce will be the primary firepower. I think of it as a CSAR(Combat Search and Rescue) helo. The hardest part was figuring out how to do a mount for the gun but after some chopping up of the old tripod mount for the 50 that came with the new AWE Striker, it all came together for me. The black and grey color scheme is growing on me too.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I don't know why I haven't seen this thread before, you did some great work on this!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks really good, but I'm with Rick, you need to find a gun that doesn't emphasis the birds small size. Maybe an m-248 SAW or M60.

I dunno, i think if he went with a Bbi or Unimax .50 with an ammo can it would work out extremely well. The Hasbro .50/belt combo just doesn't work for, well, anything.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Ok so after the comments/suggestions I rummaged thru my limited amount of stuff and found Heavy Duty's gatlin gun. I had to make a new mount and used a Pitt floodlight as a base. Here are the updates:

Diver at the ready....

And Rollbar checking out the new firepower....

Thanks for the great feedback guys!!!!!

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Pretty damn nice.

Clean paint masking, decals/stickers that give it the right amount of pop. I'm jealous.