danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
There was just something about this figure that was totally off... To be honest, I really liked the first Storm Shadow that came out, and maybe his "fix" in the "HOH" set, but I didn't see Resolute SS as much of an improvement. The upcoming Renegades/30th hybrid one will be my new default.

I wanted to like this one, but the oversized "vest" and the wonky hood just don't do it for me. He's a good design that was poorly executed in toy form, with ill-fitting gear.

He's much better without the hood, but still feels a bit weird, just like the Quick Kick repaint.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I really liked his look on the show but the figure doesn't translate very well.

Great pics!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Also his tats are in the wrong spot, at least the way they boxed him they are. Luckily when you spin his arms it doesnt look bad. I have been tempted to modify a Palpatine hood to see if it looks better on him. Just haven't tried it yet.

Attachments

• reso SS.JPG
    reso SS.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 4
  • reso ss 004.jpg
    reso ss 004.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011
Also his tats are in the wrong spot, at least the way they boxed him they are. Luckily when you spin his arms it doesnt look bad. I have been tempted to modify a Palpatine hood to see if it looks better on him. Just haven't tried it yet.

Good mod for the tatoos bro. yeah they look silly on opposite sides. cant be too accurate for the toy then :p

I would like to see the palpatine hood idea too :)

Reactions: Meddatron

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I did use the palpatine hood for this version of Stormshadow I did out of boredom and spare parts. it doesnt quite fit onto the reso SS. it needs to be cut in the center to fit. i just like it too much on my cutom SS to mod it. lol

Attachments

• storm and snake 002.jpg
    storm and snake 002.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 6