Second attempt at painting Cast heads..

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
So yeah here is the second attempts.. Still can't do Eyes!!

Thanks to SWG for the cast heads!

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
You are making tremendous progress. The eyes are tricky. I use a very fine (10-0) liner paint brush and a sewing needle. I also do the same thing SWG suggested and I touch up under the eye with flesh tone to reduce the wide round eye look. Practice won't make you perfect , but it will make you better so keep up the good work you are on the right path .

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
This is what I use for eyes. It's the second finest small detail brush on the market. The finest being a 0000 but I could never find one.

Modeling Brush Pro: Pointed Brush No. 000 by Tamiya | HobbyLink Japan

Here you go Giga, I just googled #0000 brush, and this was listed on Amazon:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Winstonia-Kolinsky-Nail-Art-Detail-Aluminum/dp/B00MOYFUPA"]Amazon.com : Winstonia Kolinsky Sable Nail-Art Detail Brush #0000 w/ Aluminum Handle and Cap : Beauty@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31iRhRdLBUL.@@AMEPARAM@@31iRhRdLBUL[/ame]

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Holy shit. It's cheaper and has a cap! I actually bought that 000 on Amazon because shipping was quicker. And for some reason came with a packet of imported green tea.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Looks good.

I have never painted a figures head but guys in my modeling club who do ,use wire .

Many use paper clips and for the pupal even thinner wire.

It makes a round dot and the only thing you need to control is the location.

Bigger scale use bigger wire.

Use the wire as a stamp .

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Much better than your first attempt, and no Scarface-syndrome... that's a plus. My dirty little secret for eyes is the Gundam Markers. They are super fine point (0.005) and can make the eyelashes and pupils fairly easily. It still takes some practice but it's a lot easier than a brush IMO.

This is what I use for eyes. It's the second finest small detail brush on the market. The finest being a 0000 but I could never find one.

Actually, I have 5/0, 8/0, 10/0, 20/0 and 30/0 brushes. The 30/0 is by Reaper which is a minitaures company and is by far the thinnest tinniest brush I've ever seen.

There are also these "micro brushes" that I've bought and used for small details. They don't have a 0-scale to them but they are nice because they aren't brushes but more like a solid stick with some foam on the end, which makes it easier to poke things with.

TowerHobbies.com | Microbrush Microbrush Superfine 1.0mm (10)