Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Starduster

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Which one is your favorite version of Edgar J. Skylar from Burlingame, California?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The TRU one, but due to pricing. He was a "bonus" figure that I didn't care about at all, but kept because he's one of the vintage guys I never knew about. There's novelty to him. Although the other one, the star is cool on the helmet.

Wasn't that a Club issue? I despise their old "too sunburnt" red flesh tone they used, it just looks odd.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Hold the phone, there was a Starduster exclusive figure from the GI Joe club?

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
The blue camo version was a 2009 official club attendee exclusive (it was in Kansas City that year). It was part of a 2-pack that came with an (Argentina) figure named Sgt. Manleh. There was a 3-pack that also that came with more Argen7 figures name Sgt. Topson, Sgt. Redmack & Sgt. Shimik. The single exclusive figure came with Blades (Action Force: SAS). The con set was the Crimson Vipers with Tomax, Xamot & the Baroness. All of those exclusive figures that I had just stated were in the modern 4-inch scale. It was a very good set that year as well. The attendee exclusives sold out instantly at the show as well. Blades sold out the first on the second day of the show. So now you know.

cold slither

Hair Farmer
Mar 14, 2011
Atlantic City, NJ
The blue camo version was a 2009 official club attendee exclusive (it was in Kansas City that year). It was part of a 2-pack that came with an (Argentina) figure named Sgt. Manleh. There was a 3-pack that also that came with more Argen7 figures name Sgt. Topson, Sgt. Redmack & Sgt. Shimik. The single exclusive figure came with Blades (Action Force: SAS). The con set was the Crimson Vipers with Tomax, Xamot & the Baroness. All of those exclusive figures that I had just stated were in the modern 4-inch scale. It was a very good set that year as well. The attendee exclusives sold out instantly at the show as well. Blades sold out the first on the second day of the show. So now you know.

Thanks! Now there are more exclusives I have to get. Updating BST now...

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Here is a pic of the 2009 & 2011 convention attendee exclusives (Not including the 15 figure box sets) from left to right for those that do not know of these:

Front Row 2011 Joe Con Exclusives
- Python Motor/Nitro-Viper (Various Troop Builder)
- Tele-Viper Officer (He is an Unknown individual and not a troop builder) (Brazilian Division)
- Trigger (Brazilian division)
- Lightning (Brazilian division)

Back Row 2009 Joe Con Exclusives
- Blades (Action Force: SAS)
- Starduster (Not shown) (USA on Loan to Argentina to train)
- Sgt. Manleh (Argen7)
- Sgt. Redmack (Argen7)
- Sgt. Shimik (Argen7)
- Sgt. Topson (Argen7)

Last edited:

cold slither

Hair Farmer
Mar 14, 2011
Atlantic City, NJ
Here is a pic of the 2009 & 2011 convention attendee exclusives (Not including the 15 figure box sets) from left to right for those that do not know of these:

Front Row 2011 Joe Con Exclusives
- Python Motor/Nitro-Viper (Various Troop Builder)
- Tele-Viper Officer (He is an Unknown individual and not a troop builder) (Brazilian Division)
- Trigger (Brazilian division)
- Lightning (Brazilian division)

Back Row 2009 Joe Con Exclusives
- Blades (Action Force: SAS)
- Sgt. Manleh (Argen7)
- Sgt. Redmack (Argen7)
- Sgt. Shimik (Argen7)
- Sgt. Topson (Argen7)

Awesome, that helps. Where's Starduster?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yes, it is the exact same figure mold down to every part used including accessories except for the harness/web gear.

See, I knew I recalled him existing from somewhere! Haha.

Yeah, the figures were decent, and a good Con type exclusive set as I imagine that the international Joes aren't on every fan's checklist. I know he's not on mine. It's just that red skintone that seems so off on most of the figures. The Xamot and Tomax were the same way.

I'm very glad the Club got that flesh tone right this year on most of their figures. (Although some shots of Dial-Tone seem to be a tad too red... I guess I'll know when he's arrived.)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
honestly, i don't mind varied skin tones...a little more realistic no?

No, I love varied skin tones. It's just when the entire set has the same weird, almost sunburnt tone, it's a bit odd. Just like it's odd that nearly all my Cobra troopers are the same pasty white guy with various hair colors (or no hair at all!).

Here's the full set:
http://www.yojoe.com/action/09/cardedimages/09boxed.shtml

The international figures work a little bit better, but the Cobra team, I guess got a tad tanned on their mission. :)