Slaymaker's Patriot-1

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
As you may have read - I have been commissioned to paint some vinyl figures of Patriot-1 for the successful kickstarter campaign to get the trade paper back published. I thought I would go ahead and make a joe version as well....
Here is the kickstarter for reference pics - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1247701955/patriot-1-an-action-packed-original-graphic-novel[/URL]
And now the pics:

Last edited:

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
That's awesome, love your take on him, gets away form the Captain America movie look.. reminds me of Red Dog, I used to read that comic over and over when I was a kid.

Whatever you do, don't spray paint the vinyl, unless it's paint made for painting plastics.. ;)

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
That's awesome, love your take on him, gets away form the Captain America movie look.. reminds me of Red Dog, I used to read that comic over and over when I was a kid.

Whatever you do, don't spray paint the vinyl, unless it's paint made for painting plastics.. ;)

Yeah, I didn't have that bright of blue in my paints and wanted to tone it down some...

Thanks for the tip of the spray paint. I have 15 of them to hand paint...but that commission helps buy my boys each laptops for school. :thumbsup:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
For those of you who don't have FaceBook...I finally finished these...

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I added it when i fixed all the Facebook links. It was a lo y more work than i estimated.