Something to keep in mind when doing banner pics.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
Heres a little something to keep in mind when taking photos for the banner contest. When taking pics keep in mind that a lot of your photo will be cut out once it has been cropped. so try and visualize a border on your pics when taking them. this will making cropping your photos a lot easier.
heres 3 examples of photos that would not work and 3 that would work. the first 3 would not work for a banner in my opinion. the yellow border represents what you would have to work with once the photo has been cropped.
1)

2)

3)

here are 3 that would work. im not zoomed in to close. the figures and the environment around them fit in the border, and I fell the original vision I had while taking the photo makes it into the banner just fine.
1)

2)this one would technically fail as there is not enough room on either side for the logo but the action does fit into the border.

3)

well I hope this helps some of you out. just keep in mind while doing pics for the banner that your whole pic is not going to fit into the banner.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
no problem MW. hopefully this will help a few of the guys out that have been having issues with cropping their pics

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I actually think the first three would work just fine...yeah, you lose some of what makes those shots awesome, but cropped, I still think they look fantastic as banners...it's your fault for taking such pretty photos FL... :D