Spero - Animal Warriors of the Kingdom

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
jasonwelcome said:
Chunarian Guardsman Card Art

The figures will be packaged in fun, collector-friendly bubble backs. Meaning you can take the figures out of the package and then place them back in the bubble without damaging the card art!

Being a professional graphic designer and illustrator before going into toy design means that I was very eager to make our packaging not only fun and relevant but also distinct on the toy aisles and collectors walls, all while retaining a classic 3 3/4 card back look and feel!

- Jason

Jason's got a crap phone that dropped the card art URL, apparently:
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/01...?w=639&fit=max&v=1464976876&auto=format&q=92&

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
A couple of the alternate heads:

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Heads Up!

It’s the start of a new week and what better way to fight those Monday morning blues, than with new accessory reveals?! Here are 2 alternate heads that will be included in the army builder figures: Horrid Soldiers,*Chunarian Archer, &*Horrid Marksmen!*These will be 3D Printed and painted to give everyone an idea of what the final products will look like when they are complete.*

So you may have guessed that since we have shown these 2 heads there will more alternate heads for other characters as well, and you’d be right!*

Keep following the campaign for more reveals in future updates!*

Jason
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/01...?w=639&fit=max&v=1465220080&auto=format&q=92&

Last edited:

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
A post from BFS's Catrina over on Fb:
Yeah, yeah, I know this isn't BFS or HACKS, but this is a pretty sweet selection of figures Jason has in his All-In set. When I get my set, I may use some of the extra shields with my Spartans, since we only did the perfectly round style. Also, I'm fairly certain there needs to be some kind of Spartan with a primate head. The other weapons would look great with our fantasy stuff. I'm also just looking forward to expanding our cross-universe with this primate world.
https://z-1-scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcd...22_2793798325722652256_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Awwwww, yeah...
Closing in on the Halfway Mark!

Happy Friday everyone!*

First up we are closing in on the half way mark and couldn't be more excited about how much love and support we have received, which is why we are revealing our first of several incentive items!*

Free Stuff? That's right! Once we reach the half way mark at $26,000 each $10 backer and up will receive a Free Pale trading card!
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/01...?w=639&fit=max&v=1465497555&auto=format&q=92&

Next we have 2 more variant head reveals! These will be part of a future stretch goal that will provide further individuality to your ape legions.
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/01...?w=639&fit=max&v=1465563127&auto=format&q=92&

Finally we want all of you get to know a little bit about our hero Pale, so we or offering a sneak peak of snippets from all 6 issues of the graphic novel. Right Now...for Free!

Simply click the link and enjoy:*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz05uW2Ki9NDX3NZNDA5Ulp1VDVEWnlqeDBEWl9rWFBiZnFZ/view

Special Thanks to James Gouldsmith*for putting together the PDF for us!

All we ask is that you help us spread the word and remember it is a all or nothing campaign if we don't reach our goal we wont receive any of the funding so we are depending on your help if you haven't to pledge or if you have pledged already help us spread the word! Share a link on your facebook or twitter or emails!

Here is a convenient short URL that will work on Twitter - ShortURL ?

Thank you so much!

Jason

The Preview is just a selection of random pages from the first six issues of Jason's comic I thought illumated the Kingdom universe and cast and the pages progress more-or-less linearly, but it isn't a unified tale from page to page. We're hosting the Preview pdf on my Drive account, and I think I've got it set up so anyone can access it; but let me know if you have any problems.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Grrr, all the best villains are stretch goals. Still, wishing them the best of luck.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Update #10:
Necro Armor Pale - Work in Progress Sculpt

Today we have a sneak peak of our Necro-Armor Pale W.I.P. *
Throughout the first story arc, Pale grows in power and his look and armor evolve to reflect these changes.

Here we have Pale at the height of his struggle between becoming the hero he's meant to be or falling from the light and onto the path of a villain! This sculpt, by one of our very talented sculptors Jose Fernandez, is a work in progress so look for the figure to progress in future updates! Concept art by Jason Bienvenu

Note: these armor pieces (2 pieces Top chest armor, and lower belt piece) will be made of a softer PVC allowing for movement of the ab crunch crunch and hip articulation.

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Why is it everything I want is in the stretch goals?

Nevermind. I just realized that Cobra Gorilla Rapist customizer will probably put down $5,000 on this kickstarter.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wanted to see this, actually. Crescent shield is compatible. Excellent...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Soft PVC harnesses, eh? Hope they use a better material than MegaBloks.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014

I would purchase the entire first row!! The turtle guy in multiples,and the last one in the space pirate row!!

The turtle is fucking epic! I must own like 10! The first two birds are bad ass! My only complaint on them is using wings as hands. Kinda a pet peeve of mine,but I would still buy them. It'd be better if they had artificial appendages as arms,and their wings stayed functional as wings. I'm not digging the feather fingers..

Last edited:

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
GLOW IN THE DARK KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVES!

Just added! These are not stretch goals you can select them now! Simple select the single or weapon set reward to get these items!*

Already pledged? No problem, you can add these to your pledge as an "Add-On" add $20 for the Pale figure and $10 for the weapons set, or $30 for both!

Know someone that might like these? Help us spread the word and take us over the goal line.*

Thanks!

Jason

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Necro Armor Pale Complete Sculpt!
It's Friday everybody!*

Today we have a really kick ace reveal of Pale in his Necro Armor! Amazing Digital Sculpt by Jose Fernandez!

Only 8 days left of the campaign everybody! We have a lot of ground to make up but we feel that we can do this and wont stop pushing until we make goal!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think it could be the design. Just a bit cartoony for some folks' taste.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I think everything is just going to have a rough time on kickstarter because everyone is throwing all of their money at Marauder and Boss Fight. Marauder reveals didn't help their cause any.

Plus I was thinking the deadline was later and forgot to throw my $400 at it.

It was an incredibly ambitious project. I think if they had started it as a graphic novel project with sample art, then started with a couple figures as a stretch goal, they would have gotten it going and would have something to show retailers. They might go that route anyways. I don't know. I think there was a lot of nice toys thrown at a collector group not known for accepting something new. I think with a good story, the property could do well with kids and ultimately kickstarter isn't good at gauging projects that would succeed with children.

I didn't even notice until the last day that you could support for $15 and get a graphic novel. Most of my friends are comic fans and don't want anything to do with figure. That would have been a great selling point, if we had time.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Copying an Fb post from The Plastic Empire:
Hey everybody, we just wanted to reach out and talk about a project we really believe in. Animal Warriors of The Kingdom, this is a toy line based off a comic series by Jason Bienvenu. He launched a kickstarter to fund the action figure line but, unfortunately, it wasn't funded. Now in support of him and the future kickstarter relaunch (Spring 2017), we would like to start to get that buzz going early.
Jason has been gracious enough to offer his comic, The Kingdom for FREE in digital format. This is 177 pages FREE!!! The book can be downloaded here FREE:
https://gumroad.com/l/KingVol01/kingvol01kick
I would please ask:
1. SHARE this with friends, groups, children and adults. It is FREE!! Kids love their tablets and technology in this day and age, so give them a taste of what we grew up with on their platforms, then once that interest is sparked, give them our old tried and true format, the ACTION FIGURES!!! Get kids involved again, grow the next IP for our kids to get behind and follow. Create the next generation of "FANS".
2. SUPPORT, please support a small budding company, help them get off the ground and to grow, this IP is deep, it's well thought out and there's years of awesome things to come before the first wave is even launched.
3. Stay tuned for the next kickstarter. We will be posting info as it comes up here on our page and you can also LIKE The Animal Warriors of The Kingdom page which we tagged earlier in this post. They of course will keep you updated as well.
4. Again PLEASE, SHARE and LIKE their page.
5. SHARE this with your children as well, if you don't have children but, have children in your life, SHARE it with them. Jason wants this to be for collectors as well as children. He isn't looking to make this a one off, he wants this to be something nostalgic for future generations. Let's help support that ideology and that goal.
For more details on the Toy line and the Comic books check out their website:
https://jason-bienvenu-eq90.squarespace.com/
Also check out their original Kickstarter for an even deeper look at the line and some of the future waves:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thekingdomcomic/animal-warriors-of-the-kingdom
Jason, it has been an honor getting to know you and becoming a friend. We wish you success and we will be there to help you succeed in any way we can. We love your passion, vision and love for what you do!
TPE

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Just a couple quick pics of the keen Face Cleaver of Ultra-Hate Jason Bienvenu sent me yday. It's very stiff and sturdy unlike most Hasbro weapons these days, and fits perfectly in Val's hand. More please, Jason!