Stealth Blackhawk/Ghosthawk....WIP

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com

This will take awhile so don't bug me if you don't see a post for a few weeks at a time. Sometimes I post quiky shots on my fb page but all the dev shots will be here.....let the controversy begin.....

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Interesting! What are you using as a base?

That's the golden question....I just might scratch build it. I haven't totally decided yet. You know how much I want to do with all the other stuff, I just thought I'd do something that I really want and could use with the new guy's I'm doing. This will take time so be patient boys.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I was totally geared up and ready to mass produce this, once I had my prototype made .

But there was little interest because there is no real picture of it. , just speculation and artist's renderings .

Good luck with it.

If you do look at the pics of it , the angles on it will be easier to make than if you were to make a Black Hawk.

Angles are a lot easier to do than curves .

Here is my old post.

If there would have been a lot more interest I would have certainly made it by now.

http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/...570-stealth-black-hawk.html?highlight=stealth

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hey Pick:), this isn't for mass consumption, it's just for me. Yeah there is no 'real' pics of any kind exept for a couple like these and its pretty much Imagineering from here on. I have an idea and that's all I need brother. Every thing to do with this chopper is pretty much speculation exept for some of these pics. Curves are the hardest as any sculptor can attest to so that's why I can take it on...I don't want another Sea Knight sanding, filling, sanding, filling....repeat.....angles are cool.
I've just had one of the worst experiences with cross border trading, and I'm not sure I want to mass produce anything. I've sent a turret down to daremo and he's in the midst of prepping it for mold and casting. If I have to deal with customs tearing apart hrs and hrs of work again I won't send big things anymore and only send pieces........Those bastards tore the whole front of the HEMTT off and tore everything EVERYTHING out of it. I'm still pissed. Sorry.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I'll be anxious to see what you come up with, but have to go back to the original sentiment when Pickel talked about making it...too much speculation on what it looks like to really want one at this point.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I was considering doing one in cardboard & plastic (I've been taking heaps of screengrabs of the Zero Dark Thirty version), but now that Digler has thrown his hat into the ring... I feel my enthusiasm slipping away. :)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
I was considering doing one in cardboard & plastic (I've been taking heaps of screengrabs of the Zero Dark Thirty version), but now that Digler has thrown his hat into the ring... I feel my enthusiasm slipping away. :)

You and I can collaborate and we can make them equally good. May I see your pics of Zero Dark 30? I won't be on this for a bit yet, I have 30 figs to paint and customize,( Devils' redux 3, and OpForce) and right now I'm trying to make the FOB on top of the Devils 'Skunkwurks' underground base. Then after that I'll start on the helo....and I have 2 other helos to customize for another member here. I'm very inundated with requests from here, Pisstank, and FB. The turret I designed is in daremo's hands and he is making adapters for all...ALL the Humvee's that we use. He even designed new mounts and is will be able to install the M2 and the 40mm GL and AND he's casting clear windows for it. Fantastic.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
You and I can collaborate and we can make them equally good. May I see your pics of Zero Dark 30? I won't be on this for a bit yet, I have 30 figs to paint and customize,( Devils' redux 3, and OpForce) and right now I'm trying to make the FOB on top of the Devils 'Skunkwurks' underground base. Then after that I'll start on the helo....and I have 2 other helos to customize for another member here. I'm very inundated with requests from here, Pisstank, and FB. The turret I designed is in daremo's hands and he is making adapters for all...ALL the Humvee's that we use. He even designed new mounts and is will be able to install the M2 and the 40mm GL and AND he's casting clear windows for it. Fantastic.

That sounds... like a lot of work. Looking forward to seeing the turrets though.

Slickbomb

Enlisted
Apr 21, 2014
Not sure if you guys are still looking for reference pics, but I have seen some speculation art that is pretty close from what I've heard. Also, check out pics from Arms 3.
Their Blackfoot helo is a stealth Black hawk design and is pretty cool looking. But in that design, the tail rotor is a standard 60 tail rotor.

Mark

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Not sure if you guys are still looking for reference pics, but I have seen some speculation art that is pretty close from what I've heard. Also, check out pics from Arms 3.
Their Blackfoot helo is a stealth Black hawk design and is pretty cool looking. But in that design, the tail rotor is a standard 60 tail rotor.

Mark

Hey Mark, Welcome Welcome brother, I've only found 4 really good pics of these and only 2 of them really match, and are from different sources. I own ARMA III and I love it LOVE IT. I've been a fan of mil-sims since the first days of Ghost Recon(early 2000s). This one is by far the most realistic I've ever seen and played, for way too many reasons this game is the only mil-sim out there that just won't stop with things to play with. Over 300hrs played.....fuck what a waist of time:lmao:...but I love it.
Sorry, I could talk about this game for hrs....anyway...the Ghosthawk there I don't believe would represent a proper 'stealth' as there is to many round surfaces, the most prominent round is the leading edge around the whole airframe itself. The pic in my first post has only hard edges and sharp lines like the F-117. Though there is no published photo's of the real one, I believe that the hard line version is the closest.
This project is on hold because I just got ahold of a BBI Blackhawk and they are almost twice the size of a PTE Blackhawk. I had only a PTE one to go by and I really don't want to start another HUGE project without some backing of some sort, as they are expensive and time consuming. The Little Birds and Blackhawk for Azlogan are the next 'big' project and I'll start on them in a few weeks. The new dio series will take all my time except for a few exceptions of customs for people after Azlogans choppers. I also do not have any more room for big customs until they are needed or commissioned.

Thanks for your intrest and trust me, there are cooler projects in line and you can follow the ride in my next threads. Keep Fighting :shoot:

Slickbomb

Enlisted
Apr 21, 2014
Werd.
I have friends in dark places that won't even tell me what the real one looks like. The crash probably put them on the endangered species list.

I'll keep an eye on this forum closer than I have.

I got interested in Arms 3 from watching 15th MEU videos. I was amazed a game that you could switch between a PRC-148 or PRC-152 to a PRC-117. I'm active duty so the realism blew me away. Reminded me of deploying again. I'm trying to get better at flying before I try my hand at a group/clan. I need to reconfigure and learn a better keyboard layout.

Later!
Mark

Slickbomb

Enlisted
Apr 21, 2014
PS...Digler, are you the guy that did the great MATVs?
I'm Wayward Master on FB. I discussed the EOD JERRV commission.

Mark

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:tinfoil:
PS...Digler, are you the guy that did the great MATVs?
I'm Wayward Master on FB. I discussed the EOD JERRV commission.

Mark

Hey brother, yep that's me :) Cool to see ya here man. Hang around with us here Mark, we really need guy's whom are in the forces to tell us when we are wrong with the equipment and gear. I have the little birds and Blackhawk to customize yet so this one is on the back burner. I'll make a new thread for them soon, but all my stuff is here Mark for you and others to see. :tinfoil:

ps I LOVE Arma 3 LOOOVE it.

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
:tinfoil:

Hey brother, yep that's me :) Cool to see ya here man. Hang around with us here Mark, we really need guy's whom are in the forces to tell us when we are wrong with the equipment and gear. I have the little birds and Blackhawk to customize yet so this one is on the back burner. I'll make a new thread for them soon, but all my stuff is here Mark for you and others to see. :tinfoil:

ps I LOVE Arma 3 LOOOVE it.

i play arma 3 on my laptop whenever there is nothing to do in class i put on airshows for my friends doing loops and other crazy maneuvers in helicopters and airplanes