SW Haslabs

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
It doesn't look very impressive from a display standpoint. How about for photography?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Look like the half configuration will fit a shelf.

Everything looks like it can be taken apart for photography & customization

The deluxe version will have all the alcoves.

8 figures included.

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
(I just don't think I love SW anymore. I may want a franchise divorce.)

TL;DR

I think it'll sell, unlike the last few SW HasDisasters. But yeah, it's very expensive for a display or photo setup.

The irony is, five years ago, I'd almost certainly have backed this project. In the interim, my give-a-damn about SW has fallen off a cliff. From mediocre shows and cartoons about stuff I really don't care about to all the woke/gay/far-left-agenda Disney stuff, to Harrison Ford basically telling us all he hates the movies and it's just a payday, to Luke Skywalker himself showing to have a worse case of the liberal mind virus than most of hollywood (he literally just called Biden "Obi-Joe Kenobi").... FFS ...I just stopped caring. My vintage-collection OT figures are still hanging on the wall of my comic closet, but all my other SW stuff, including all black series, have gone into storage to make room for franchises I'm still in love with.

If I bought this, it would likely join MOTUC Castle Grayskull in the huge-investment-I'll-never-open part of storage. It would sit there until costing so much on the secondary market that I wouldn't be able to bring myself to open it. I'd feel obligated to sell it. In that regard, it's likely a good investment, one that I just don't feel like bothering with.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
It is always sad when the modern version of a franchise is so bad that it diminishes the original... * also looks around at Indiana Jones, Marvel, DC, The Matrix, etc... *

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
I just disregard the updated versions I don’t like. Much healthier that way. & allows you to enjoy what you like.

part of the new woke BS is about trying to disassociate people from the values, happiness & morels of the things that made them who they are. Once people realize that, these issues become very trivial.

No one needs to waste x % of their day being pissed off about half a story they have no control over. But if your angry your controlled.
-end side rant let’s talk about toys!

Reactions: ThunderDan19

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I agree with you. I assure you, I'm not angry... just disappointed. When someone says "Star Wars", my mind doesn't go to that magical place and time far far away... it goes to the mess that they've made of it. Thus the reason I simply put it all away, so I don't think about it. I cannot change Disney, so it's just better for SW to be out of sight, out of mind.

All that being said, the playset looks great. It's expensive, but SW fans are generally not cheap, and merely selling all the exclusive figures alone would probably get you your money back. And it would be a solid investment if someone were inclined to spring for it and sit on it a decade. But my newfound apathy will simply keep me admiring the nice toy from afar.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
(I just don't think I love SW anymore. I may want a franchise divorce.)

TL;DR

I think it'll sell, unlike the last few SW HasDisasters. But yeah, it's very expensive for a display or photo setup.

The irony is, five years ago, I'd almost certainly have backed this project. In the interim, my give-a-damn about SW has fallen off a cliff. From mediocre shows and cartoons about stuff I really don't care about to all the woke/gay/far-left-agenda Disney stuff, to Harrison Ford basically telling us all he hates the movies and it's just a payday, to Luke Skywalker himself showing to have a worse case of the liberal mind virus than most of hollywood (he literally just called Biden "Obi-Joe Kenobi").... FFS ...I just stopped caring. My vintage-collection OT figures are still hanging on the wall of my comic closet, but all my other SW stuff, including all black series, have gone into storage to make room for franchises I'm still in love with.

If I bought this, it would likely join MOTUC Castle Grayskull in the huge-investment-I'll-never-open part of storage. It would sit there until costing so much on the secondary market that I wouldn't be able to bring myself to open it. I'd feel obligated to sell it. In that regard, it's likely a good investment, one that I just don't feel like bothering with.
I go back and forth with SW.. TLJ almost killed it for me altogether.. but some of the side projects were actually good (Mandoverse), Rise of Skywalker was.. meh it wasn't good, but it wasn't offensive.. it just was.

Same with the stuff now, some is really good and gets my semi-hyped but then you have woke BS flaring up at the same time which makes me not want to give a shit. I stopped caring about actors a long time ago and try to just enjoy the characters and stories.. but we'll see.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I go back and forth with SW.. TLJ almost killed it for me altogether.. but some of the side projects were actually good (Mandoverse), Rise of Skywalker was.. meh it wasn't good, but it wasn't offensive.. it just was.

Same with the stuff now, some is really good and gets my semi-hyped but then you have woke BS flaring up at the same time which makes me not want to give a shit. I stopped caring about actors a long time ago and try to just enjoy the characters and stories.. but we'll see.
You pretty much have to be that way these days. If you didn't watch anything with actors who had the lefty mind virus, there would be nothing to choose from this side of the Daily Wire. But when it comes to Disney and SW, I generally have a higher standard. Mando WAS good. I enjoyed it. But I still didn't enjoy it in the OT kind of way. I expect to enjoy Andor too (I'm behind), but I'll enjoy it in the "detached dad way", not the "excited kid way".

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
When I read the EU books in the 90s they were great to extend that thing I liked as a kid, that nobody admitted to still liking.

But even at its best the stories were only 50/50. Jorus cool psycho Jedi, weirdly dressed like Ben Kenobi in disguise??? Fake Luuke overdone in sci-fi & really stupid.

Every bounty hunter would show up die then magically return in the next book.

Eventually none of it made sense & you just had to ignore the Blantant call backs to the movies.

Disney isn’t much better, but there really is a huge disconnect with what made SW enjoyable.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I really enjoyed the Thrawn trilogy... anything by Zahn really, and the first dozen or so post-Jedi books were quite good (with a couple of clunkers). But much of the fun of the SW universe was the mystery. There was no way to know it all, and around every corner, there was something new lurking.

Take the Clone Wars for instance. When it was merely a reference in Ep IV about how Ben knew Leia's father... it sounded like the coolest thing ever. And it was awesome that they DIDN'T explain it. I use to imagine what kind of great shit was going on that could be so chaotic and crazy to have some kind of clone wars. Did everyone get cloned? How did you know who was who? the possibilities are endless! Had you come up to me at the time and told me it was when the emperor was still in the republic and Yoda was leading an army of clones of Boba Fett's dad, along side a Jamaican duck-donkey, to fight... somebody, I forget who... over some kind of galactic senate squabble over trade routes... I'd have immediately lost interest in the Clone Wars and jumped off a bridge. The mystery was far more entertaining than the truth.

If you had told 12yo me that we'd be getting new SW shows and movies constantly, but that 60% of them would be about some girl-bosses, who are probably not straight, who have had no training, but who can beat all the males because they're pussies... I would have again been crushed. It's better to be a mystery than a well-known pile of shit. Sometimes, the stories untold are the best ones.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Sad but true.

I really enjoyed most of the books all the way through the end of the Yuuzhan Vong nonsense.. they did a good job with continuity, and had occasional actual stakes. It generally always 'felt' like SW to me and they did a good job emphasizing the technology and cool space shit in most of the books. Some writers were better than others for sure, but it was cool how occasionally they would drop hints on past stuff here and there without spoiling it all in one fell swoop.

I dunno, I suppose no brand or product or whatever can remain the same forever, or maintain how you think of it forever, unless you willfully disconnect and live in a bubble or something.

I think the problem is these brands want the old timer $$$ and the kids $$$ and all the $$$ in between so they are trying to pander to everyone at the same time with various results.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
You're probably right. I think that is a direct result of the disney purchase. SW became just another IP to be squeezed for every nickel rather than a work of art to be appreciated. To be sure, if Lucas still owned it, he'd probably have just made a different mess out of it (I can't blame disney for Jar-Jar), but it is a shame disney has gone this far astray.

What if other great works of art were revisited by their creators every decade or two? Mona Lisa Redux... after four kids and a bout with cholera? Sistine Chapel 2.0, Fresco Boogaloo? The OT was great, and coming back to it in film was simply a mistake.

/ranting at clouds

• Haha
Reactions: NSA

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah it's few and far between to hit lightning twice.. and SW hit it far more than that, even for all the misses.

Them not getting the whole OT cast together in Force Awakens/TLJ is a crime I still may never forgive though.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
They been doing this for awhile.
The 1st batch mysteriously sold out within hours, but no one & I mean no one had any on EBay. :unsure:

How about they start selling some Trump & Biden droids & we will see how that does?

Edit: i’ve been good on the SW forums, but I can say it here. They literally used the small penis droid! He looks like a freakin sex toy! Even more than BB8.

Last edited:
Reactions: nacho

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
It's almost as if they have zero concept about the point or execution of escapist fantasy movies/books/toys.

The last thing any SW fan wants to see is a blurring of the lines between the nightly MSDNC agenda and the eternal battle against the galactic empire.

The blurb on this toy is, "Meet R3-RN8W - a new astromech droid designed with Pride in mind." But that's all they can say. They can't begin to explain it because in-universe, it makes absolutely zero sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Videoviper