Taterbot Casting Thread

Taterbot

Enlisted
May 25, 2013
For the month of October, I will be running a special for The Fighting 118th users. 15% entire order. Enter coupon code: 118th at checkout to receive the discount. Coupon expires on October 31, 2013.

This thread will be used for updates to my webstore and to share upcoming products.

www.taterbotsdomain.com

I accept paypal for payment only through the checkout.

Shipping will be through USPS. I normally have orders shipped within 2 business days.

US and Canada orders through the Webstore. All others please contact me via PM

If the items says it on in-stock, It's IN-STOCK. I do not take pre-orders or put items in-stock unless they are made and ready to ship out.

Last edited:

Taterbot

Enlisted
May 25, 2013
This kit was converted for modern figure use by Ebenezer Swizzlesticks of OG13. He did a great job on converting the backpack and it looks great on modern figures. I was going to include a torso with this kits but it would have cost to much to produce and the price point would have went into the high teens. And that is something I did not want to do. I want to make this kit reasonably priced.

Price: $13 per kit.

What's included: Backpack, 2 laser gun bases, 2 laser canons, 2 flexible hoses, one control arm and one helmet. All cast in gray.

NOTES: This is a kit and some adjustments may be necessary. This is a resin casted kit and is for experienced modelers. Adjustments to the figure you wish to use may also be necessary. I recommend getting some clear rubber cement to fill in loose larger peg holes for the backpack.

This product if for ADULTS ONLY. Not intended for children!

LMK if you are interested and I will add your name to the list. I WILL NOT ask for payment until I have the kit ready to ship. These kits will be ready by this Sunday September 1, 2013.

Taterbot

Enlisted
May 25, 2013
SDCC Baroness head. Will be in store on Wed. I will post a better pic later tonight in a gray color to see the detail better.

Update the picture.

Last edited:

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
SDCC Baroness head. Will be in store on Wed. I will post a better pic later tonight in a gray color to see the detail better.

Nice!

Question. Why is it that casters rarely cast/copy female heads and hair in two pieces? I'm not saying that I can't think of reasons on my own. However, they tend to look better and are easier to paint when the hair is a separate piece. Just wondering.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I don't really know or remember the Laser Viper, but man, that kit looks great!...pretty good price too considering the bulk and what it comes with...

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Nice!

Question. Why is it that casters rarely cast/copy female heads and hair in two pieces? I'm not saying that I can't think of reasons on my own. However, they tend to look better and are easier to paint when the hair is a separate piece. Just wondering.

I think mold costs could be the key here, twice as much silicone needed to do the same head than. Final cost of the head would be much higher.

Taterbot

Enlisted
May 25, 2013
Nice!

I think mold costs could be the key here, twice as much silicone needed to do the same head than. Final cost of the head would be much higher.

Meddatron is right. I just recently started doing them in 2 pieces. The SDCC Baroness is actually one piece so I wasn't able to take it a part.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

I would pay it. I totally understand that I would be buying 2 pieces rather than one. I've looked around and there are some out there just not necessarily the heads that I'm looking for.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Meddatron is right. I just recently started doing them in 2 pieces. The SDCC Baroness is actually one piece so I wasn't able to take it a part.

Yeah I thought that the original was a single piece on this one. It's hard to tell. I always thought it would be cool if someone did a few different bald heads and a selection of hair pieces that could be mixed and matched.

I think I'll need to get one of these for my 25th Baroness. Will you be doing any flesh tone cast of it and does it have the neck hole?

Taterbot

Enlisted
May 25, 2013
Yeah I thought that the original was a single piece on this one. It's hard to tell. I always thought it would be cool if someone did a few different bald heads and a selection of hair pieces that could be mixed and matched.

I think I'll need to get one of these for my 25th Baroness. Will you be doing any flesh tone cast of it and does it have the neck hole?

I will be doing a few fleshtone and they will be listed as fleshtone in the webstore. They eill br fleshtone but you will still need to paint them the color of skin that you are looking for.

As for the neckhole they have the original neck hole that it comes with.

Last edited:

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Yeah, I have been so tempted to pay out the wazoo for that SDCC Baroness. You may have just helped use my better judgement. I'll keep my eyes peeled for these in your store.

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I would pay it. I totally understand that I would be buying 2 pieces rather than one. I've looked around and there are some out there just not necessarily the heads that I'm looking for.

I hear ya bro. If the head was normal resin, and the hair was soft flexible resin like Hasbro does. I would be all over that too.

I always liked the bald head, multiple hair idea as well.

Taterbot

Enlisted
May 25, 2013
I hear ya bro. If the head was normal resin, and the hair was soft flexible resin like Hasbro does. I would be all over that too.

I always liked the bald head, multiple hair idea as well.

Ill keep this in mind. I have about 6 different female sculpts that have removable hair right now that I need to cast. And I have the flexible resin too so it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Taterbot

Enlisted
May 25, 2013
That RV head looks great!...if only I coulda found/scored an actual PoC RV :(

Thanks. I was able to get one and it is incomplete. I saw them on the shelf at least a dozen times and never got one. I was looking for SW at the time. Now I kick myself everytime I want to buy another.

Taterbot

Enlisted
May 25, 2013
Hey taterbot any chance you can make some of the Tomahawk headphones in a more pliable resin?

Ive tried and they break off in the mold. I will be making another mold shortly and will see how this one holds up.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Unless the flesh tone is cast in exact matching to the figure YOU plan on putting it on, you'll have to paint it anyway...might as well save yourself having to paint the hair and glasses and mic and just get black...

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Unless the flesh tone is cast in exact matching to the figure YOU plan on putting it on, you'll have to paint it anyway...might as well save yourself having to paint the hair and glasses and mic and just get black...

25th baroness body is all black. Don't have to match anything. I'd like to not paint the hair, but light flesh over black plastic might not be so easy. I'll most likely order the one molded in flesh. If I end up painting the whole thing, no big deal. I just don't want it to look too out of place next my 25th Destro.