TATTOOs???

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
South of Atlanta---North of Macon
Hey yall!!! Is there any figures out that have alot of tattoos. I know some have them like Gung-Ho, Shipwreck, and such---but are there any with alot??? Im talkin' whole arm tattoos. If yall know and could post any pics---it would help out alot.Thanks---RED---

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The Jurassic Park figure has a big shoulder one. I think Road Pig has one on his chest. Lady J has two cat eyes above her muff.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
You can always make your own waterslide decal tats. It's not to hard to do.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Mercer and Red Dog have them too.

The waterslide decals would be your best bet for specific ones.

loadedtomcat

Magnificent Bastard
Mar 18, 2011
I've always had the idea that you can make semi custom tattoos with the decals from those pinewood derby cars Boy Scouts sell. I've even seen decals for finger nails that might work.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
a guy over on the Tank took the new Roadblock, painted a bad of black on his arm, and then used an exacto knife to scrap off the paint. He made a frigging awesome bull for the right arm and the swirl tribal pattern on his left.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
You can or have someone that knows how to do it, there a few guys on here that can make waterslide decals.
You can pretty much make anything you want in a program like Photoshop. Then just print them out on decal paper. I'll see if I can do a couple
today and post them.

I've always had the idea that you can make semi custom tattoos with the decals from those pinewood derby cars Boy Scouts sell. I've even seen decals for finger nails that might work.

Last edited:

Wry1

Enlisted
Jun 7, 2011
You can always make your own waterslide decal tats. It's not to hard to do.

Yup, with a little practice they're actually pretty simple to apply. The biggest advantage to waterslides being the design possibilities are unlimited.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
a guy over on the Tank took the new Roadblock, painted a bad of black on his arm, and then used an exacto knife to scrap off the paint. He made a frigging awesome bull for the right arm and the swirl tribal pattern on his left.

That would be a good way to do tribal stuff.

The thing with most tatts on customs is that customizers tend to make them look brand-spanking new.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Build n Brawl Undertaker arms... fully sleeved in black ink (good linework & details) & you could just add some touches of soft color for a "not so freshly inked" look...???

My first thought too

with Joe's I think Dreadnok Stormrider has the most on his arms.
http://www.yojoe.com/action/10/stormrider.shtml

Last edited:

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
South of Atlanta---North of Macon
Hey yall!!! I thought about the water slide decals but all I found that was small enough would have been Ford, Chevy, and spark plug logos. I was hopein' that there was a fig that had some good ones already out.

Thanks for the heads up on makein' my own TOFUJESSE---Ill have to check into that.:proposetoast: Thanks---RED---

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Here are a couple I did real quick, just trying to show you what you can do. My printer started to run out of in that's why it smudged a bit. The tiger one is 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm and the other is .5 cm x.5 cm. The tiger would fit on the chest of a figure and the other on the shoulder. Oh and they are hi def they are just so small and I used my phone to take the pics

Attachments

• tiger waterslide.jpg
    tiger waterslide.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 6
  • tribal ws.jpg
    tribal ws.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 6

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Don't you have to have a special printer to print white, though? Not that many tat's have white in them. Just thinking out loud about waterslide decals...sorry...carry one.

BL4CK5H33P

99 probs - don't be #100
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas City, Missouri (misery)
Don't you have to have a special printer to print white, though? Not that many tat's have white in them. Just thinking out loud about waterslide decals...sorry...carry one.

^^^ An easy fix for any waterslide decal that contains white is to use white decal paper & then all the color/black parts of the design really pop on top of the white base...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

You just use white decal paper.

Though Alps printers do print in white. Unfortunately they are notoriously finnicky, expensive and the company is out of business, leaving you to scavenge parts.

Goddamn shame. Really wish someone was still printing those 1:18 WWII US tactical markings.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Yup, I just print on white paper. Epson makes a printer that prints white but it's 7,000 dollars. Don't think that will happen. I found a tutorial online where a guy converts his epson to print white. Maybe one day I'll give it a shot.

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
I just recenlty ask Ratfink to do a custom tutorial on waterslide decals. He said he would post it up in a couple days. Check his facebook page.

BL4CK5H33P

99 probs - don't be #100
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas City, Missouri (misery)
I just recenlty ask Ratfink to do a custom tutorial on waterslide decals. He said he would post it up in a couple days. Check his facebook page.

Ha!! I know Fink... great guy - as amatter of fact I was in a local Vintage Stock & ran into a couple customizers who work there & we were talkin' 'bout him & we ALL know him... weird...

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
Ha!! I know Fink... great guy - as amatter of fact I was in a local Vintage Stock & ran into a couple customizers who work there & we were talkin' 'bout him & we ALL know him... weird...

Awesome guy, gives to the community his knowledge and wit, without asking for anything in return.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
If you have a base coat painted, you can draw tattoos on with Sakura micron pigma pens. They just have basic colors but that's what I sometimes do for large tats that stretch across joints. You just can't touch the ink for 24 hours.