Tech Deck - Sewer set review

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
This is the Tech Deck street hits sewer prop. It's a cool little set to use in dioramas but does need some help to really make it happen. For $5 though, it's worth it.

Biggest issue is how high it's raised off the ground. Your options are make it a recessed in a diorama, use just the lid or possibly leave it as is and put it near something that would have the top raised out of the ground. The last option kind of has limited options though.

As with any of the sets, a little detail work goes a long way. I went overboard though so maybe a little more subtle on the lid would look better. It is not very deep either so the bottom may have to get cut out to use it for figures climbing out. It comes to about their knees. The grates on the back could get painted in between them to give it some character. I started to but was not up for detailing that much at the time.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I dunno, 5 bucks for that?

Maybe if you can slap it on top of a bunker or something.....

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I dunno, 5 bucks for that?

Maybe if you can slap it on top of a bunker or something.....

That would actually work out pretty nice with it. Just have to use the curved side.

Oh, man, I'd love to get that manhole cover so I could make a casting of it.
I'd be all over that for $5.

If you want, I can lend you the cover if you want. Not sure if the paint will screw things up but it comes off easy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That would actually work out pretty nice with it. Just have to use the curved side.

I'm like "I've got 5 dollars to spend on a dio piece".

This thing, or 5 1:18 110 gallon drums at the Dollar General? *hand-scale gesture*

Sure, they'll require more work to get ready, but they'll work better in the long run. Just my sestercii.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I hear ya'. I just have tons of other items so little things like this are worth it to me. Plus, I'm lazy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just resize this as needed and print it out.

You could, but the plastic looks a lot better in an Alley Viper's hand when he's about to smash in Law or Shockwave's head with it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's why they put drag-handles on Shock Trooper vests!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If the Bbi MH-60 had turned out to be affordable I had planned on doing a shot with that feature being used as intended. I did have my ST Medic on display dragging another for several weeks, too.

Joe collectors sometimes are militarily and tactically retarded so they miss those kinds of things.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I love that feature on the ST's. I make sure to use it every time I have a situation where someone is shot. That's why I like the Steel Brigade vests too. Same thing. They are great for the POC Hawk body once you do a lil' trimmin'.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, the infamous Hawk that only 30 people found.
I really would like a couple of them and a couple of more Stalkers so I can get me '80s jungle ops team made.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Yea, I never saw him myself. I had to trade or buy off of people. I think I managed to get about 8 at least.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
For reals, essa`. I lucked out big time when I was back east and scored a bunch of money Destro too. Didn't realize he was a pain to find. They just got POC IG's too while I was there so it was part swap heaven for me! Hell, I think I even have a few Low Lights but all through trading. Never saw him at retail. I got what I could with POC because I figured once it was done we would get sub par figures again.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I forgot L-L, need him for the team, too.

It was typical Hasbro, Waves 4-5 were nigh impossible to find, but W.3 revision cases kept popping up.

Watch, the last 2 30th Waves are gonna have people sucking dicks for Joes.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
You could, but the plastic looks a lot better in an Alley Viper's hand when he's about to smash in Law or Shockwave's head with it.

For those who've ever lifted a manhole cover before, you'll know you're a lot more likely to bust your own head to the whitemeat, than hit anybody else over the head with it. Those fuckers are heavy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yes, but this is G.I. Joe were Alley Vipers are super soldiers and have armor that stops everything shy of heavy machine gun calibers.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
@ Blood are the storm sewers like that where you live? I'm thinking it may be common out there on the "west side". I have never seen one above ground here. Just curious.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Not that high. They are kind of meshed in with the sidewalk. This set is a little exaggerated for the skateboards.

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Where is the best place to buy these at, as far as selection, price, etc? I've never seen these before and these reviews certainly have me interested.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Where is the best place to buy these at, as far as selection, price, etc? I've never seen these before and these reviews certainly have me interested.

Target and Wally usually seem to have them. Anyplace that sells Tech Deck stuff.