the capture of bin ladin dio!!

oddball

Enlisted
Mar 14, 2011
In honor of killing this pig i say we do a diorama of seal team 6 and the attack. so far we know the seals dropped down from a chopper and raided the mansion and killed bin ladin ,his son, two couriers and a women. im starting on mine now. i cant wait to see you pros and what you come up with!

oddball

Enlisted
Mar 14, 2011

im extremely proud of this dio. it is not extravigent and the photography sux but my 4 year old daughter helped me and was cheering "yea usa got the bad man!!!"

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You forgot the part where they bounced one of the insertion choppers into the ground and ended up having to scuttle it. ;)

That's what the fire in the video is coming from.

oddball

Enlisted
Mar 14, 2011
how pissed are those guys in that chopper!?? the missed on of the greatest raids of the modern era cause the pilot turfed the chopper! aarrrggghhhhh

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
In honor of killing this pig i say we do a diorama of seal team 6 and the attack. so far we know the seals dropped down from a chopper and raided the mansion and killed bin ladin ,his son, two couriers and a women. im starting on mine now. i cant wait to see you pros and what you come up with!

I figured I'd clear something up here. One of my firends is an ex special forces guy(he was a sniper and was shot 14 times, his parents were told he died(and then two days later told he was alive), and then was in a comma for 3 months, hence the ex). He was with the group that was the main force in this raid. He got shot a few years back, but still knows many people in the group. We got to talking(mostly about the heli, some awesome tech out there!!!) but he knows the guy who took the shot, and one thing he said that really caught my attention is that seals were not the main force on this op. He said that seals assisted in the operation, but the main force had nothing to do with the seals, and was the most elite of the elite(I asked him who, and basically what I got was a no comment). Also, something else of interest: The way he described the "blackhawk"(quotes because they were NOT blackhawks) that was destroyed sounded like it had a mechanical malfunction, not a hard landing or anything(although I never had a chance to have him elaborate on this, we only had about 25 mins to talk, and most of it was him telling me that I shouldn't join the air force as that is my plan for the near future). He also said that it was very similar to the comanche, even having the pilot and crew chief in the same seating arrangement, and it can hold 6 to 8 soldiers depending on the seating arrangement(he described it similarly to what you would see with like the hueys in nam or the little birds, where you are seated however you can, usually half outside the fuselage). That may help to anybody doing a dio of this. I can ask any questions to this guy too, I just may not get an answer, but I got some very interesting info from him so it may be worth a try.

Last edited:

tflenno

Oct 16, 2020
Sorry to dig out this old thread...I am interested in this dio and I just want to know where I can find the pictures? Thanks bud.