The Fighting 1:18th Banner Contest - 2018 Edition!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
A new year! A new (old) contest!

shining3.jpg

The Fighting 1:18th Banner Contest returns (from the grave)!

As you can see above, I managed to figure out how to slap a 118th logo on a properly sized photo.. no border or fancy nonsense because I think Beeavision took those with him.. but we need no such things! We are rough and tough and gruff and other words that rhyme with puff.

So bring your banners!

The details.. the image NEEDS TO BE 920px by 322px.

I can crop it if need be.. but I'd really really like it to be submitted in that way already. JPG, PNG, GIF.. I think anything should be ok. JPEG is preferred.

No theme yet, just cool ass images, I suppose it needs something 1:18 in the picture somewhere.

Once we get a couple in we can vote on them and what not. Digler has already submitted some we'll use in-between contests and submissions. We also have some 'classic' banners which will be popping up from time to time. The length of banner placement will vary, and largely depend on time, # of entries, season, the moon and the stars, price of oil, and other mystical factors.

Huzzah!

Last edited:
Reactions: KASCAN

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Can’t you just copy an old banner, cut out the picture, then use the the remaining frame? Is there anyone in this place that knows photoshop???

Although I do kinda like the border less banner.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Just like the good ole days, I have a couple ideas, I just need to get to work on them.

Question. Would we be apposed to the image below being in a banner?

german-wwii-regular-nazi-bunting-9-metres-30-flags-7701.jpg

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Does the subject have to be a custom or can it be a stock off the shelf 1/18 figure etc???? Oh and is there a n entry deadline or did I skim to fast?

Just needs to be 1:18th (or close to) in scale. No deadlines set yet since we are a bunch of slackers, but in previous incarnations it has been a monthly contest with some tough competition.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh my! Better get them in the correct size, though. People haven't taken too kindly to me not adhering to those dimensions in the past.

The details.. the image NEEDS TO BE 920px by 322px.

I can crop it if need be.. but I'd really really like it to be submitted in that way already. JPG, PNG, GIF.. I think anything should be ok. JPEG is preferred.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've watched the sequel enough times to enjoy it almost as much.

I really wish JC would throw us a bone and do another Ace. His best character IMHO.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I don't think we're gonna get another comedy from Jim Carrey. I think that motherfucker has skipped the red pill and went straight to the black one.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah he's way off in.. wherever he is.

There is a documentary on Netflix about his behavior during Man on the Moon.. I actually sat through the whole thing, it was very interesting. Apparently he claims that movie 'broke' him and he was never the same. Who knows how much of that is also acting vs whatever.. but it was a good watch.

Edit: Found it

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I took a break from Punisher binging to watch that. I knew all along that he REALLY got into the role, but to see just how far he took it...wow.