The Forgotten Land - Dio Story

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com

Good day All,

I am about to embark on another fantastical Journey into Dio Story Writing.

So, Please see the link below, it will take you to my new Dio Site.

http://shadowwarriordios.wordpress.com/

I will post a new link whenever I add an episode, but here is the Prologue -
Enjoy!

The Year is 2003..

4 years ago, in 1999, a series of unexplained events started what is known as “The Flashâ€￾..

Massive amounts of Solar Radiation washed over the earth..

Farmland turned to Deserts, Forests turned to Mutated Jungles..

Those who were not fortunate enough to shelter from the Solar Storm were left as deformed, charred walking corpses..

The people who did survived soon learned that the air outside and the water in rivers was tainted..

The unfortunate souls who were exposed to the left over radioactive deposits started to change, physically and mentally..

Branded as freaks and outcasts, they were cast out from the small communities, to live in the wilderness..

Overtime, some small groups of former military operatives from various countries in northern Europe banded together to form “Cobraâ€￾ – Coalition Of Broken Regions Army..

Cobra quickly grew and engulfed entire settlements, and continued to move across Europe until they came upon an unexpected find..

Near the southern coast of France, they found a habitable zone – an area the size of London left untainted by the radiation.

Cobra quickly got to work setting up a settlement with clean water, crops and fresh air..

Industry and trade thrived and one man, whose name and face remains unknown to this day, rose quickly to lead the Coalition..

Known simply as “The Commanderâ€￾, he took full control of the military and industry, using ruthless brutality and authoritarian control..

The Habitable Zone was christened “The Oasisâ€￾ and survives from all over the world flooded to it..

Cobra was now the only power and authority left on earth, and was the sole producer and supplier of Respirator masks and Filters, thus controlling the population by fear, power and necessity..

The poor, tainted folk, the people called “Mutiesâ€￾ started to band together with each other under a common flag..

Those who did not care for authority; gangs, militia, bandits and raiders, all lived under the same flag – That of Anarchy..

Our Story Begins with Stan Butler..

An average Patrol Guard at an independent outpost stronghold, about 6 days travel from the Oasis, in the mutated Jungle..

The Garrison has stayed independent by sending “Day Patrolsâ€￾ out into the wild to reclaim lost treasures of the “Pre-Flashâ€￾ World..

These finds allow the Outpost to trade for much needed resources with Cobra..

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I just caught up on the story. I'm digging it so far.

Might I suggest doing Bios on the characters explaining their background unless of course this will get fleshed out in the story.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Wow, thanks for the responses guys!

Monkeywrench, I like the Bio Idea, I will try and get it done this weekend!

Maybe even start a separate thread for the Bios? Kinda like it's own mini wiki? You know what I mean. It would be cool to find out how people have lost eyes and gained a claw hand lol.

shadowwarrior

Enlisted
Nov 9, 2013
Wales, UK
www.flickr.com
Maybe even start a separate thread for the Bios? Kinda like it's own mini wiki? You know what I mean. It would be cool to find out how people have lost eyes and gained a claw hand lol.

I like the Idea mate, just haven't had time, been proper slammed at work!

I LOVE Zartans hideout!...the blood looks fantastic!

Thanks dude!

Episode 4 - http://shadowwarriordios.wordpress.com/2014/02/20/the-forgotten-land-episode-4-farewell

Very short one as I have a long one coming up!