The Start of My War In the Pacific Diorama

cb671

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Guam
Got the Base Coat down now just waiting to get some sand, shrubbery more paint and more foam for the Japanese Bunker. Got the Barbed Wire Done, Wall's are unfinished..did a home made howitzer using parts from Servo's, RC Shock Tower, RC Body Mount Post, Wire Tap's and wire holder's and Cut Carbon Arow Shaft's and a piece from my Tackle Box and a Skoal Tobacco Container lol oh and it only rotates Left to Right but not Vertical. Here's a pic of my U.S. Soldier next to the howie, I haven't opened the Jap Figures yet...I know it's not scale but it was fun building. Sorry only got 2 pics for now:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Skoal Tobacco container for the win!! very cool start. I love scratch built stuff like the howitzer. Solid beginnings on the dio! Thanks for sharing. I'll keep my eye on this thread, I like where this is going.

cb671

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Guam
My War in the Pacific project i sslowly building up...Got a bunch of 1/18 accessories that came in from evilbay..(chairs, tables etc.) and also got some BBI 1/18 planes..got a BBI 1/18 BF-109 for my European Theater that will be going with my 1/16 Soviet Tanks. Got the Torro M16 Halftrack in R/C but it's in 1/16. Just got in my BBI 1/18 Japanese Zero(White) and now got to get a Green one., Plus I need to get the F4U Corsair, Dauntless, Hellcat and P51 aswell lol. Just ordered some Diorama Items in 1/18 and found (1) Soviet Solider in 1/18. I'll post some pics when I get home.

cb671

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Guam
Just using this cabinet as a mock up of what I want to build. Got more stuff coming in. The 2 Gray 55gal drums are 1/16 scale and made out of a steel rod a buddy made.

cb671

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Guam
Thanks for the Compliments! Still working on Getting some Diorama Supplies for the Garage. Then will be working on the Japanese and German Scenes.