K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pretty much.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
McFarlane should have put a Spawn shirt on that zombie, that would have been awesome.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I thought the final product on wave 5 was pretty bad. Only going for Mags, granted I can find a good one.

The fucking zombie only has 5 POA. And how the fuck did its clothes survive when it has 4th degree burns?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Saw wave 4 at HEB. Mags looked alright, but I didn't feel like paying $15 for her.

They also got a bunch of the Governor/Riot Gear Glen comic wave. Dunno what that was about.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
K,you need that set! Morgan is a necessary character on the show. I'll eventually need his head as well:D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'll have to see the finished product. Somehow we've entered Bizarro World and the zombies in this are the crap figures, Riot Zombies being the exception. LDS zombie up there seems to continue the trend.

Leave it to McF to fuck up zombie figures.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, well screw the set, then.

EDIT:

Wait a tick, we didn't get a zombie this wave so we could get another Rick? Da fuck is this shit?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hope they work on the paint/likeness. I still don't have Hurricane Rick, and this one might get him out of the way.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I'd like a swappable head that has that crazy hair he had from the S5 opener til they reached ASZ. My team consists of Rick (Prison version) Daryl 'Charles Bronson' Dixon, and Tyrese. I'll be adding Morgan eventually, and possibly an Abraham.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got a total chickfest going on over here. Riot Gear Glenn only has .Gov V.1 to talk to. Well, Pancho Dixon when I get him opened. Been thinking of grabbing the current comic series Rick, but then I'll have to grab Dwight as well so I can retcon Rick's maiming.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You had one job. ONE FUCKING JOB!

Oh, well, at least I can have both Beth and Maggie.

EDIT: Fixed link so you can see what the fuck I'm whining about.

Last edited:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I'm not sure what you're bitching about....but I'm assuming it's T-Dog. Like the Glenn figure, I think the armor will be removable. This will probably be the last figure I buy...unless they make a more recent comic Rick figure.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Actually, I have no opinion on T-Dog. No, my gripe is the zombie. Granted, it's a pretty gnarly one, and easily the best since the Riot Twins, but it's not Church Lady or Dale's killer.

This leads me to believe that McFarlane not only A: Sucks at choosing zombies for this line, and B: Is a dirty fucking sexist. :trollface:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
While I understand that gripe, at least they have a walker back in the line up.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
McFarlane tends to do such a lousy job with them that I don't mind a wave without one every once in a while. They ought to try a zombie-heavy wave for a change, however.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
They should, yes, but you know as well as I do the amount of complaints that would come in.

And I lied. Tdog will be the second to last figure I get, right behind Morgan.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, the TV line is done as-is after wave 9. They're joining the toy collecting world in 20-fucking-16 and rolling out 7" TWD figures. "Iconically posed" and "dynamically" articulated with average of 15 PoA :whatever: Not sure if these are actual 1:10 figures, or 1:12 and just called 7" scale because they're idiots and don't get how scale operates.

We are getting another Durl box set, this time with his twinkcycle, and the Comic waves will remain McScale.

The Walking Dead Action Figures - Insider Chat | Page 82 | Hi-Def Ninja - Pop Culture - Movie Collectible Community

The one glimmer of hope is some not-bind bag line of "big heads" which are essentially 5" scale heads on 2" scale bodies, that are compatible with their construction sets (they come with a second, in-scale head).

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I have the entire series 9 except the dirty grave digger Daryl since I have the Walgreens one. I also have all 3 loot crate exclusive little big head figures. I'll post up some pics this weekend before I snatch off their heads,and get started on Beth,T-dog,and water Walker,as well as the new little big heads,which are actually different from the 5" figure sculpts,yet the identical size. I can't wait for "taking a big shit" faved Beth! Gonna have so much fun with that!! lol!

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Loot Crate Little Big Head Daryl&Rick compared to the 5" Daryl head.

I like the Daryl a lot more...need to get on these before the first wave comes out,and everyone wants the 3 exclusive figures.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
When do those hit store shelves, or is that TBD?

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Their site says summer 2016. 7-8 new head sculpts! I like them! $5 beats $15 any day IMO. Although I'll miss the other fodde like coats&weapons.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So the 5" line is getting a reprieve of sorts. Walgreens has apparently agreed to take it on as an exclusive. There will be two figures deciding if the line goes further. Great news, right?

Wrong:

These two boring motherfuckers are what they're going with. I've never seen two more natural peg-warmers in my life.

Some text I found over on TheFwoosh:

Steven Anne, the toy buyer from Walgreens took the petitions that have been created by the Walking Dead toys and collectibles Facebook group to his boss as well as McFarlane, and said that they would be willing to continue the line as a store exclusive.

I would say that the future of any additional waves is 100% dependent on the success of these two figures.

They should be out this winter and they are the only two figures that have been revealed at this point. No word on if more figures will be revealed or not.

If you want the line to continue. Make sure to pick the the two figures at full price. It will also help, if you pick up a couple more items from Walgreens on the same transaction. If Steven can show that the figures are helping to increase overall sales or traffic into the store, then the more likely they will be to let him continue bringing the exclusives in.

This is a real world case of a petition actually working because Steven has said flat out that he used it to make his case on why Walgreens should consider continuing the line as an exclusive.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
lol! I'm in that TWD group,and signed the petition! Only bad thing is they're all like Joe fans,and want to price match shit,and get everything on clearance!:trollface:

I don't see much beyond these two figures,...

If mcfarlane wants to make a successful line they should make figures in a scale people actually like!! And make good figures too! Their figures suck ass! They're good for MOC and that's it. Out of the package their articulation and range of movement sucks,and the only poses that work for them is the one they have in their packages,lol. They're also fragile as fuck!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's all typical McFarlane other than the odd scale. He used to scale shit correctly. I think I paid full retail for all my TWD stuff, they just didn't do a lot of stuff I wanted. I need to pick up Beth while I still can and move on.