Thought the Retaliation drivers sucked?

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
what in the hell? I guess they are really doing their homework on the idea that kids will open the toys say cool for 5 minutes and chuck them in the toy box for summer's yard sale fodder. SO why not save money on production costs.

my god these are hideous.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Yeah, I'm not seeing any redeeming qualities.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mattel? I'd say never, but there was a couple in the last few years that could be considered "good".

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Aside from the Movie Masters ones?

Uh...Mask of the Phantasm?

Was that even Mattel?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Wow! What the shit!

I think Ewok may be on to something though, the tradeoff between time spent with said toys vs the material outlay on 'features' is likely not boding well for us.

I guess we can blame ADD kids on this. Curses.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I have the Microman Batman figure, it's really nice in that it has kick-ass articulation, decent detail and plenty of gear. But it suffers from the same problem that most Microman figures do when compared to most other 1:18th figures, they are on the puny side. A little more bulk and just a titch more height and they would be perfect.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
I'm not sure why you guys are singling out this line. Every single DC line in that scale has had that level of articulation since the 90s. It has never changed. They're about 5 inches tall. Every Justice League, Green Lantern, and Batman toy in that scale is the same. Always have been.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Most of the Superman/Batman public enemies figures were good as well as a few of the 75th. The ones done in the new articulation before the line died. My favs are Deathstroke (awesome figure), Martian Manhunter, Yellow Sinestro, Earth 2 Robin. I like the Superman and Batman from the PE line

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
These are 3.75 inch not 5 inch.
Most of the Superman/Batman public enemies figures were good as well as a few of the 75th. The ones done in the new articulation before the line died. My favs are Deathstroke (awesome figure), Martian Manhunter, Yellow Sinestro, Earth 2 Robin. I like the Superman and Batman from the PE line
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Mattel_DCIH_BatmanPE.asp
Yeah I don't think he is bad compared to the others.
They also released it single carded & that one isn't as tan.
So yeah Mattel was on the right track & then the Green Lantern line happened. :talktothehand: