Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Jesse - wrt your request about a custom per week...why don't you get two or three guys lined up and rotate so each one is delivering a fig once every three weeks....ensures a job that isn't rushed and you won't burn out one guy trying to crank out a custom each week.

Yeah I was thinking of that. Just trying to see how many guys are interested.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Sounds cool, have a $50 order in my basket (though $30 of that is two Shockwave barrels). Was waiting for the SE coat and another sale lol.

It's gonna be a week plus till its done and no sales planned. I did put up a clearance section on the site. Just putting heads and parts that I have way to much of made. Will be putting more stuff in there tonight.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Lol, I thought you'd like my comment...but yeah, as others have mentioned, some dried up colored blood (NOT bright red) would look good around mouths and shirt collars...maybe even around the cuffs of the sleeves...

It should all eventually be a dark putrescent stain on the clothes. :thumbsup:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
For dried blood on rotting skin, I suggest British Crimson with some darkish/burnt sienna. Same for light colored clothing. Blood isn't going to show up on cobra blue other than a dark stain. That's one thing that bothers me about the thousands of cobra zombie customs on the tank. That and TTT's insistence that armor rots faster than zombies.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's the insistence on using Palisades Army of Darkness body parts that turns me off to them.

Yeah it's just about done. With all the mess I had a couple weeks ago I had to put a hold on making new stuff and focus on fixing mistakes and focus on getting things to run smoothly so it doesn't happen again. Should be back making stuff this week. Well be seeing all that stuff from Willbill, slaymaker, and few other guys that have sent stuf in. Its gonna be a ton of stuff at once.

Frell yes! Can't wait! Do you have time for a phone call Jesse? I have something I'd like to discuss.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hey Jesse, did you send those parts back my way, or am I recalling what you said wrong?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, okay. Just wasn't certain if you had sent them or were getting ready to.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Looks like A25 are his goggles.

I'm not being a "know-it-all" here, (That's for HT ;)) but I think KT and I discussed what was what somewhere else, maybe in this thread, and we think that you don't have the Dusty goggles posted...

A11 - Shock Troopers - (Have this one, will fit atop a helmet, specifically the 30th blueshirt trooper)
A24 - ?? Not sure... Firefly? (I have this one and it will fit a head, not a helmet)
A25 - ? POC Hawk (or whoever else came with that mold...I have this one and it will fit a head, not a helmet)
A41 - ?? Lowlight? (They're tinted red, so I was guessing... I don't have this casting to compare it to my LL.)

Last edited:

MIKED

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2012
Glad to see you here, MIKED. I loved your stuff I saw at HissTank. Hopefully we'll see you posting more around these parts!

Thanks, Mandingo! It's great to be here. I've been off the map for some time now, but I've been totally blown away with what Hasbro has been doing with GI Joe of late. That coupled with Toffujesse cranking out crisp, clean, high quality casts with fast, and accomodating service and reasonable prices makes this an awesome time to be a GI Joe customizer!

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think you did a tutorial on eye-painting at some point... Maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to look into your site more to refresh my memory. But if you wouldn't mind doing a tutorial or letting us promote it, I'm sure we could front-page it and it'd be a huge helper to customizers and casters alike.

I feel like one of the major things holding some folks back from buying from guys like Jesse and the other casters is painting eyes.

(Just a suggestion, if you're interested, PM me or Cloud Strife about it.)

MIKED

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2012
I think you did a tutorial on eye-painting at some point... Maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to look into your site more to refresh my memory. But if you wouldn't mind doing a tutorial or letting us promote it, I'm sure we could front-page it and it'd be a huge helper to customizers and casters alike.

I feel like one of the major things holding some folks back from buying from guys like Jesse and the other casters is painting eyes.

Always happy to help. I PM'd you the link to my painting tutorial. It has a pretty focussed portion on painting eyes. You're welcome to link to/copy/promote it however works best for you.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Always happy to help. I PM'd you the link to my painting tutorial. It has a pretty focussed portion on painting eyes. You're welcome to link to/copy/promote it however works best for you.

I'd like to see that as well...throw them up in the custom's tutorials section. Nice to have a list of them of us wanna-bes.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

might as well just forward it to me or XOC if you expect it to get done before the end of the decade ;)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Haha, thanks MIKED. I saw your PM, was going to respond to you once I figured out what to do.

We'll try and set up some sort of version of it, I'll talk to Cloud about it. It's a great painting tutorial.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
...I feel like one of the major things holding some folks back from buying from guys like Jesse and the other casters is painting eyes.

If you only knew...though I do still buy casts that need eye painting in the hopes that one day I may good at it...

might as well just forward it to me or XOC if you expect it to get done before the end of the decade ;)

*snicker*

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

There probably is some of that. The eyes on these damn things are tiny.

Because lets face it, no amount of tutorials is gonna make you proficient at it. Ya just got to do it, and face the fact that the process will be tedious and infuriating until you get a handle on it.

MIKED

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2012
There probably is some of that. The eyes on these damn things are tiny.

Because lets face it, no amount of tutorials is gonna make you proficient at it. Ya just got to do it, and face the fact that the process will be tedious and infuriating until you get a handle on it.

I agree with that 100 percent. Tutorials are helpful, though. They give you a roadmap to help you wade through all of the basic, technical crap (paints, tools, techniques, troubleshooting, etc.) So that you can spend your time more efficiently honing your skills rather than struggling with all that other stuff. Tutorials give you a good basis to move forward and grow.