Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Bah! So they can give me infractions for nothing at all, but yet allow people to troll every post I make?

That's what happens when you are not in the "good ol' boy" network there. They slowly infract you and then one day you are just banned.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Or you just choose to stop going there because one, you dont like the drama going on there and two you don't want to give them the pleasure of banning you...

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Or you just choose to stop going there because one, you dont like the drama going on there and two you don't want to give them the pleasure of banning you...

Good point but I enjoy telling someone to fuck themselves way too much. It's almost therapy.

MIKED

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2012
I'm starting to get the idea that "The Fighting 118th" is essentially made up of of a group of guys who were put off, alienated, disgruntled by, banned from or otherwise disenfranchised by the powers that be over at a certain other 1/18 scale military figure general interest site. Sounds like one of the major issues for most of you over there was restrictions on free speech and expression. So...this is essentially the 1/18th scale original 13 colonies of the internet! I guess as a new guy that would make me an immigrant. Maybe I can help build the railroads.

Or open an opium den.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I guess as a new guy that would make me an immigrant. Maybe I can help build the railroads.

We were all immigrants at some point.

I was not banned or anything over at the other site or any site for that matter. I just prefer it here. More friendly here IMO and the critiques are honest. If i post shit work here, someone is gonna tell me and point out what is wrong with facts or opinions to back it up. Only way to get better as an artist is to get honest critiques.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You forgot to escape the rather uneven application of rules as mods saw fit, and to have a place where people didn't call miniguns "chain guns".

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I was not banned or anything over at the other site or any site for that matter. I just prefer it here. More friendly here IMO and the critiques are honest. If i post shit work here, someone is gonna tell me and point out what is wrong with facts or opinions to back it up. Only way to get better as an artist is to get honest critiques.

Yeah, I still hang out at other sites, including the one that's most notorious for having people leave and come here. But this is where I prefer to have an online presence.

You forgot to escape the rather uneven application of rules as mods saw fit, and to have a place where people didn't call miniguns "chain guns".

There's those too.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm starting to get the idea that "The Fighting 118th" is essentially made up of of a group of guys who were put off, alienated, disgruntled by, banned from or otherwise disenfranchised by the powers that be over at a certain other 1/18 scale military figure general interest site. Sounds like one of the major issues for most of you over there was restrictions on free speech and expression. So...this is essentially the 1/18th scale original 13 colonies of the internet! I guess as a new guy that would make me an immigrant. Maybe I can help build the railroads.

Or open an opium den

Haha, fantastic!...as long as you don't come here to enjoy all the freedoms, yet curse the place for not being more like the place you came from (mind boggling) everything will be great :D

Also, keep in mind that being a member here means you will have to be even more careful what you say in the old country, or they will give you the boot for no reason, and you can't ask why...neither can your friends, or they get the boot too...

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

Or open an opium den.

I would say we're closer to colonial Australia. :thumbsup:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I got an infraction at another site once for saying "Fuck Lego". Even though practically every other post in the same thread had similar language.

Come on, man. Saying "Fuck Obama" is one thing, saying "Fuck Lego" is just sacrilegious.... and I'm an atheist.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
For the sake of on topic. Are there any plans for an Invisible Woman head from the Marvel Universe 4-pack? I just the the head painted up on a custom and it looks like it would make a great long hair Cover Girl.

For the sake of off topic. I still use the other place because they have a lot of traffic and I need to advertise.

Riotheory

Enlisted
Jun 26, 2012
Wasatch Front, UT
I have some threads I follow over at that other place, but I spend way more time here even though there's less posting going on. Finding this place was a huge relief. I got really tired of the way no one can post anything without it being grounds for starting a fight (one that's poorly moderated, at that). I was considering leaving the community because every time I logged in, I ended up pissed off. I like how, here, even when people disagree over here, it ends up being more of an exchange of opinions/ideas. It's the best forum I've ever been on.

On topic, I love TJ's work. I'm anticipating some b-day cash coming up, and if I'm right, I'll be making an order soon.

R.

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
For the sake of on topic. Are there any plans for an Invisible Woman head from the Marvel Universe 4-pack? I just the the head painted up on a custom and it looks like it would make a great long hair Cover Girl.

For the sake of off topic. I still use the other place because they have a lot of traffic and I need to advertise.

I thought the same and got me two of the MU figures from my trusted Chinese contact:

http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.de/2012/08/gi-joe-codename-elsa.html

MIKED

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2012

Aha... so let's add inequality under the law to that list of infractions.

I got an infraction at another site once for saying "Fuck Lego". Even though practically every other post in the same thread had similar language.

That falls under free speech/ expression. I hate Lego, too. But that's because I have a six year old that likes it.

I would say we're closer to colonial Australia. :thumbsup:

Now I'm actually scared to be here

HAPPY ALL CAPS DAY!!!

RIGHT BACK AT'CHA!!!!!!

MIKED

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2012
We were all immigrants at some point.

We were?

Anyway, I wasn't banned either. I've actually never had a problem at all there and still love it. I just enjoy the plain, irreverent, crazy banter that goes on around here. You guys are nuts! It's like being in the mob! You can go to church on Sunday, but spend the rest of the week bashing peoples skulls in! It's awesome!

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Please don't send the wildlife after us! Your spiders scare the shit outta me!

Watch out for this little baby in your letterbox. :D

MIKED

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2012
Watch out for this little baby in your letterbox. :D

Someone needs to shotgun that thing. I never thought I would see an image that would make me feel compassion towards a snake. the sickest thing is that's happening outside someones window! What frickin' planet is that!

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
We need 1:18th scale female golden orb-weaver spiders eating snakes for Jesse to cast. Someone get on that sculpt please.

Last edited:

MIKED

Enlisted
Aug 11, 2012
Nah, that's just an average Tuesday in Australia.

Great. I now have 4 frames of cultural reference for Australia: Fosters, Vegemite, Men At Work... and Golden Orb Weaver Spiders.

5 if you count that guy with the big knife in the '80's movies.

Remind me never to visit on a Tuesday.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think the "Australia is the happiest country on earth" business is bullsh!t!...trying to gather more tourism dollars me thinks...I mean, how can any place, where the spiders are big enough to EAT snakes be happy?...are ALL the insects there that big?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They have giant flightless birds with raptor-like claws for gutting, plus they used to have a wolf-dog thing with the unhingable jaw!