TRU True Heroes dropping items? MH-47 gone?

ReallyMe

Enlisted
Nov 4, 2012
Hi All,

I know that the True Heroes toys are neither accurate nor to-scale items, but the MH-47 Chinook toy is a useful aircraft with lots of space and some paintability. The thing is, it's disappeared from the TRU website. True Heroes underwent a clearance recently, at which time I picked up the "AB-115 Shark" (snub C-130). I knew that, if I postponed it, and the toy disappeared, I'd have to kick myself. Hard. A plane that big, for that price, was simply too full of potential to ignore, too much of an opportunity to fill with Bravo Team paratroopers not to snap up.

So I'd say, if you've been thinking about getting one of those snub MH-47s, despite all their drawbacks, now is the time to hit those store shelves. I'm glad I got mine a few months ago, and now I'm thinking I better hit my local TRUs to grab what's left.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Australian stores are a bit behind the times, but I'd better go have a look as well.
I've been meaning to get a second TRU "Chinook" to combine with the one I have, and make a longer helo out of them.
They also had a few F-22s on the shelves the last time I was there.

ReallyMe

Enlisted
Nov 4, 2012
Australian stores are a bit behind the times, but I'd better go have a look as well.
I've been meaning to get a second TRU "Chinook" to combine with the one I have, and make a longer helo out of them.
They also had a few F-22s on the shelves the last time I was there.

You intend to cut out the mid-section of the second one and make a longer, proper Chinook? That is awesome. If you do it, you simply MUST post a photo!

What would you do with the rest of it?

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
You intend to cut out the mid-section of the second one and make a longer, proper Chinook? That is awesome. If you do it, you simply MUST post a photo!

I'd probably model a crashed helo with the leftover bits. I plan to use the spare rotors to convert my C-130 into a tiltrotor as well.
So far it's all talk, until I actually get off my ass and do it. And I'm a notorious procrastinator. :D

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI

This is about what is would look like.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*ahem* Ch-46 Sea Knight.

The local store still has them. I wouldn't panic just yet.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Man, we were talking about how large a 1/18 hind would be. Could you imagine a 1/18 chinook?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've seen pictures of a 1:18 CH-54. I imagine a 47 would be equally impressive.