true heroes helo comparison pics?

custer7thcav

Officer
Mar 15, 2011
Chicago IL suburbs
anyone have the true hereoes blackhawk and chinook/sea knight side by side for a comparison pic?

I have 5 blackhawks and am thinking of picking up a few of the chinook/seaknight and wanted to see them together before deciding on the seaknight.

thanks.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I have both.
I'm at work now, but I'll take a couple of pics when I get home later.

The Sea Knight is grossly underscale - I'm gonna buy a second one and splice the two together to make a longer chopper.

custer7thcav

Officer
Mar 15, 2011
Chicago IL suburbs
Fled,

Thanks for the pics in advance.

I know it is underscale, but it will suit my purposes for some wargaming.

Just want to see some side by side and top downs to see how close they are in size.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Here you go mate. Apologies for the crappy pics.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
hhmmm, I'd go with the black hawk.

custer7thcav

Officer
Mar 15, 2011
Chicago IL suburbs
went to my local TRU and picked up 2 --I like them.

They had plenty so might pick up a few more if I really like them...LOL

Thought about picking up the apache, but I already have a AH-6 little bird gunship so really did not want to spend the money right now...they had lots of those as well, so I will reevaluate after I take an inventory of my helo collection.

should be 1 AH-6, 3 MH-6, 5 Blackhawks, 2 seaknights so far.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Nice.
So far, I have:
1 TRU Apache, 1 TRU Sea Knight, 1 PTE AH-6, 1 PTE Blackhawk, 2 BBI MH-6, and 1 BBI Blackhawk.
I'm not counting the pissweak ROC Dragonhawk (which I gave to my daughter).
I thought MY chopper collection was excessive!

custer7thcav

Officer
Mar 15, 2011
Chicago IL suburbs
Hey wild weasel,

actually no kits, diecast (okay maybe two kits of hueys for some damaged downed choppers for my 28mm scale vietnam wargaming)

in 1:48 scale I have 3 little birds, 5 blackhawks, 5 sea kings, 6 us vietnam hueys slicks, 2 us vietnam huey gunships, 2 italian caribini hueys, 1 agusta civiliian vip helo, 3 pavehawks....and a partridge in a pear tree! LOL ;P

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Hey wild weasel,

actually no kits, diecast (okay maybe two kits of hueys for some damaged downed choppers for my 28mm scale vietnam wargaming)

in 1:48 scale I have 3 little birds, 5 blackhawks, 5 sea kings, 6 us vietnam hueys slicks, 2 us vietnam huey gunships, 2 italian caribini hueys, 1 agusta civiliian vip helo, 3 pavehawks....and a partridge in a pear tree! LOL ;P

pretty awesome! I only have a polikarpov I 16 in 1/72, about 20 1/18 motorcycles and again about 20 1/18 cars for diecast stuff...but I have an easy 50 helis in 1/72, again another 50+ helis in 1/48 and a bunch of larger ones. I'm doing good in the model heli dept.

The italian caribini, is that a license built or bell built huey? Never heard of one.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Thats pretty cool, must stick out with all the other hueys :) Thanks for the link, I may get that(I forgot I have a 1/48 agusta tiger, a sikorsky H-19 and sikorsky seahawk from that company)

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
yeah, decent prices and nice construction right out of the box.

Oops, just found another huey---same company..civilian model in blue and white.

I love it when stuff like that happens to me. A few months back I saw the pegasus 1/18 V2 kit in 1/18 and was thinking "one of these days I'll have to get one of them" then like 3 days later I find out I already have one, it was just in a plastic bin with more plastic models.:rolleyes:

custer7thcav

Officer
Mar 15, 2011
Chicago IL suburbs
exactly!!!

I looked at the plastic bin with the carbinari and agusta and lo and behold, there it was!.

OOPS again, I just remembered I have 2 of the forces of valor 1:48 scale apaches!

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
How well did the dragon kits go together. Some of the earlier kits they made had terrible fit issues. Also, what scale were the dragon ones?

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
How well did the dragon kits go together. Some of the earlier kits they made had terrible fit issues. Also, what scale were the dragon ones?

The Dragon Hind-D and Hind-F were 1/144 scale. I got them in 1991 or 1992. Yeah, the fit was not the best, but not the worst either - totally fixable.

I've been thinking of scratchbuilding a Joe-sized one for a while now, but I have no idea how to do the bubble canopies.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You'd need to sculpt/fabricate your canopy and vacuum-form the clear plastic.