Unimax: Gamestars - Ghost Recon Action figures

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
I would love some guys like this and what you see here is just the tip of the iceberg, this is, of course the old Advanced Warfighter 2.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe we should just email Unimax and see what the dealio is?

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
July? and still no photo's? Come on!

We didn't see any of their previous gamestar line figures (Crysis 2, Red Faction and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood) in hand till someone bought them in a local shop in and posted pics on Joecustoms or something.

We did see place holder game renders for the AC:brotherhood figures. But nothing physical till someone bought them.

They've announced 5 series of 6 figures figures, Assassin's Creed: Revelation (seen the card art), Star Craft (card art seen), a Capcom wave of 3 Dragon's Dogma figures with 3 from Azura's Wraith (card art), Ghost Recon figures and final Assassin's Creed 3 (which will hopefully feature George Washington, Red Coats etc).

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You aren't missing anything.

We haven't even seen game renders of the figure line up, soooo...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Lame. Figures they would axe the line we actually wanted.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
When are they going to make Mario Bros action figures?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Smeone has already got those on TrU and Wally World shelves.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I tink its really weird that video games get their own action figures these days.

volleyballjoe

The Unwashed
Apr 19, 2012
Don't know about any other lines. I preordered the whole ghost recon line from Motorpool. Two days later I got an email saying they were cancelled. I did get a refund. Now they're not on the website anymore.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, we never got so much as line up art, so it's not really a surprise.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Well that sucks.

Are the Assassin's Creed Revelation and AC3 lines still a go? Starscraft2 and the Dragon's Dogma/Azura's Wraith combined series?

I heard everything is cancelled. Which really really sucks.

I commented on this thread mainly because I wanted to know what happened to Bravo Team. I was going to finally dropped a couple and pick up some vehicles but my Targets have nothing and all of the Gamestar lines have been clearanced out.

Last edited:

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I heard everything is cancelled. Which really really sucks.

I commented on this thread mainly because I wanted to know what happened to Bravo Team. I was going to finally dropped a couple and pick up some vehicles but my Targets have nothing and all of the Gamestar lines have been clearanced out.

Well that eats, Unimax is kaput then.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Is Unimax even still in business?!

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
The Bravo Team line was the best seller at my area Targets.

I wonder what happened to our resident Unimax employee lurker. :confused:

Is Unimax really gone?

I was hoping there Hometown Heroes line would actually make it out.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just saw him on clearance yesterday.

The Humvee is marked down too, if you can find a Target that has it.

Certainly never came to mine.

I know the PX got a shipment of figures and vehicles and sold through them, even with the tanks being more expensive.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
HypnoHustler@joecustoms said:
One of the Targets near me just reset toys. Retaliation is gone. They currently have a handful of pegs for the single figures on and endcap along with a bunch of other Hasbro lines, but this store had everything else in the line a few days ago, and none of it's marked down or anywhere in the store I could see. I'm guessing they've boxed it up until next spring. Not much else of note. No pegs for any Unimax stuff, lots more shelf space for Halo, and new spots for Transforners Fall of Cybertron, as well as the TF Prime Weaponizer figures and Optimus Maximus. TMNT is in the half action figure aisle now, and they had the Ben10 playset I saw some people discussing here as well.
Well that sucks. :(

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, my Target had gone months without a restock so I've had time to come to grips with it.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't understand why bbi or Unimax haven't capitalized on SEAL Team 6. 4 or 5 new figures in latest camo, rucks and clothing along with newest helmets.

Stealth BH would be nice in Unimax quality.

Kids and collectors would go nuts no?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
First I watched the 1/18 scale military hobby die, as if it had pancreatic cancer, ever since the fall of 21st century toys, and now the end of unimax figures signals the death of the hobby. With the bullshit that has happened this year with GI Joe retaliation being delayed, I have to wonder if GI Joe is going to disappear the same way. I'd say it's got less than half a decade and then its gone until the name is arbitrarily used for an all new toy.