Universe Asunder: the Immortal of Darius

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Javad, an 'Immortal' Hashashim in service to the great Persian Shahanshah (literally 'king of kings', or Emperor) Darius I, found himself beset upon at a battle in Darius' conquest of Greece. He was wounded and knocked unconscious by a Spartan hoplite and rolled down a ravine where he was hidden by the underbrush. He awoke nearly a week later, abandoned by his great Shahanshah and he felt he should kill himself in his dishonor.

But he was seen by a shepherd boy, who was fascinated by him and his armor. Forbidden to show his scarred face to outsiders, Javad demurred from the boy's request he remove his fearsome mask. Over the next few days, the boy snuck food to Javad and thus he was nursed back to health. Coming to a new understanding of life apart from the drug-fueled killing he knew as a Hashashim, Javad grew to enjoy the boy's company and looked forward to his visits.

Until the day the boy's father accompanied him and shouted his terror upon seeing Javad. And so Javad flew into the hills and mountains of the Greek hinterlands, becoming a legend amongst the farmers and shepherds as a fearsome demon to be placated, and that would perform good deeds on occasion; such as returning wandered-off sheep or cattle, and fending off brigands.

It has been a generation, and now Darius' son Xerxes brings a new army with new, even more fearsome Immortals, to defeat the impudent Greeks and their ideas of freedom. With whom shall Javad ally himself in the coming conflict, and what of the greater threat posed by the supposed snake army descending upon Macedon with eyes also set on the free Greek cities?

Javad the Immortal is a bash of the basic Prince of Persia Dastan onto a RoC movie NeoViper. I cut the Dastan torso across just under the chest armor, and boil/popped the arms out. Then I cut the chest in two up under the armpits, then across the back at the bottom edge of the 'necklace; to get two chest halves I could dremel the innards out to match the moob-stem coming up out of the NeoViper abdomen. Once all that was done it was a simple matter to paint and then glue together. A few bits of a neat 'snakescale' black fabric for the hood and kilt, and then the story writes itself.

He's going to end up fighting alongside my HACKGreeks as the 'Batman' in their Heroes of the Delian League.