Vietnam Mech Team Update

Apache26

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
The first of the two M-113's is largely done. I need to install antennae and work on some more of the stowage. Eventually I'll get around to the figures...

Apache26

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
Now for the M-48's. I waited more than a month to get the custom decals in, but I'm very pleased with how they came out.

Tank Section

I've seen only a couple of M-48 customs. If anyone is interested, I can sell more sets of these decals. The ones shown are for 1-69 Armor, but I also have decals available for a USMC M-48.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Who did your customs, Vexillarius? They all look great, but the Playboy bunny logo on the AN/VSS-1's cover.

Apache26

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
Thanks gentlemen. I'm glad Provost approves.

What's wrong with the bunny?

I actually had to get the customs done by a guy who usually does custom police decals for 1:18 cars. He's expensive as hell, but easier to get in touch with than the handful of guys with Alps printers.

The good news is that the expense was in having the custom work done. I can now order the tank decals from him for $15 a sheet. The sheet I ordered included the USMC decals, which I can post. They Playboy logo was originally meant for the USMC tank, but I thought I'd prefer it on the searchlight cover. I'm thinking about doing a Maltese Cross on the other one, but I may keep it plain.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nothing at all, I just fucked up that post royally and didn't notice it until now.

I had meant to say that it was a nice touch. I kinda want one to put on the avionics door of my Huey custom.

Apache26

Enlisted
Feb 3, 2013
Ah, got it. Thanks.

I'll be rolling along with my customs, but I'll be gone for most of June. The only good thing about being a Federal employee and getting furloughed is that I'll have every Friday to work on models.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Here I was thinking this was going to be a Nam-ified bulky mech with legs, lumbering through a jungle setting. :(

Don't get me wrong, this is great work, love all the details!