danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
love your FLAGG crewmen...very cool...what helmet is on them?

great pics...if i ever find one of these, i'm gonna buy it and do a review/comparo with the JSI F-14 :D...then promptly return the wittle guy (Sky Striker)

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Review is great. aLWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO THEM.

The thing looks even more out of scale with the one person cockpit with lounge chair. I know they probably didn't want to change the mold, but it looks kind of silly.

I'm sure I'll pick the box up and contemplate buying it a dozen times though, until I come across the PTE A-10

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Review is great. aLWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO THEM.

The thing looks even more out of scale with the one person cockpit with lounge chair. I know they probably didn't want to change the mold, but it looks kind of silly.

I'm sure I'll pick the box up and contemplate buying it a dozen times though, until I come across the PTE A-10

get the striker instead. Thanks for the great review dg, I'm sure you will have helped many make their choice.

Last edited:

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
Sorry for the necro-post, but I need to point out that your vintage Skystriker in the review is a Funskool model, even if it doesn't say so. Many of the details that you found lacking in it are actually present on vintage Hasbro Skystrikers ie- the nose cannon details and the belly gun details with decals were all parts of the original.

I prefer the new plane for its durability and detail, BTW. I love the original and would have preferred a two seat cockpit and a decoupled wing sweep/landing gear, but the idiots on HT who blather on about how inferior the new one is and that it has "reversed wing sweep" are just that: idiots talking out of their ass. Nice review.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's okay by me, I never saw this review.

I hate missing them.

This review just shows the JSI is worth the money just so your pilot isn't staring blankly out into the air above the plane.

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
I've seen you guys talking about Bar. He was working on a two seat conversion kit and some other improvements including cockpit avionics. I was his stateside source for test planes. I fell out of touch with him when I had some serious health issues and he has since disappeared. We were Facebook friends, but it looks like he either "unfriended" me or deleted his account. He looked to be getting into a serious relationship, so he may just have gotten married and quit the whole business. He is a REALLY cool guy.

Edit: he has NOT unfriended me. He just started using his middle name and my searches weren't bringing him up at first.

Last edited:

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013

Don't be hatin'!! The Skystriker is awesome for what it is, and for being a 1:32 scale plane with a 1:18 cockpit, it pulls it off quite well. The same can't be said for the PTE Hornet (blech) or Su-27 (blech blech). Anybody laughs at my Skystriker gonna have some hurt. :pirate:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I've seen you guys talking about Bar. He was working on a two seat conversion kit and some other improvements including cockpit avionics. I was his stateside source for test planes. I fell out of touch with him when I had some serious health issues and he has since disappeared. We were Facebook friends, but it looks like he either "unfriended" me or deleted his account. He looked to be getting into a serious relationship, so he may just have gotten married and quit the whole business. He is a REALLY cool guy.

Edit: he has NOT unfriended me. He just started using his middle name and my searches weren't bringing him up at first.

yea he's a member here. Told me awhile back that he had personal stuff going on and hasn't been on since. That was awhile ago.