VooDoo Priest Damballah

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
This is a figure that I created out of a new action figure kit that will be coming to my store shortly. The jacket, hat, cane, coffin and small accessories are all a part of the kit.

I made this VooDoo Priest and decided to make him a part of the Dreadnoks.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Reminds me of The Serpent and the Rainbow

"Don't bury me...I'm not dead!"

Great work SWG, can't wait for this! Who's upper body and head did you use?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Now I'm wondering if one could place the battery component of a flickering tea light inside the coffin, run the wires up through the skull and candle and have the flickering LED sitting on top of that for a lighted candle effect.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Parts need to be available separately.

Probably not. I need to send the sculptor a % of each item sold, and to try to split up a $2 sale for the skull or jar just isn't worth it. I'll probably sell the coffin separately but that's about it.

Who's upper body and head did you use?

The entire figure was one of the Storm Shadow figures. He had a little skirt piece which I removed and swapped out the arms.

Now I'm wondering if one could place the battery component of a flickering tea light inside the coffin, run the wires up through the skull and candle and have the flickering LED sitting on top of that for a lighted candle effect.

The skull/candles are super thin so I don't know if you'd be able to hollow it out enough to get a light in there...

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
That's too bad about the thinness, but I should have realized that given the scale.

Would it be ill-mannered to ask how much this will retail for?

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I'm hoping to get it around $25 plus shipping, probably $5 for the shipping. Like I said, I have to give the sculptor a % of the money that it sells for, so I need to really sit down and figure it all out to make sure that my costs are covered after he gets his money. But I'm thinking $25 should cover everything. The kit includes the hat, jacket, coffin, cane, skull w/candles, soul jar, and tombstone.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
What part(s) would you want to purchase separate? Like I said, it's a PITA for me to keep track of every $2 part that gets sold so I can send Jason his %, which is why I thought going for the kit would be easier on me. At least to start off.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Just placed my order! Hope to get these < 4 weeks cause we'll be moving at the end of the month. But I had to have it!

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Yeah it looks like yours is fourth in line so by next week it should be ready to go. I only added that because I literally had like 40 or 50 people telling me they were going to buy a kit. I know how it goes... 50 people say they HAVE to have it, but when it comes time to put up or shut up, I get 4 orders LOL. But I wanted to be sure. Also, I'm not sure if the listing was updated when you went to it, but I added this little bit:

*A NOTE ABOUT THE COFFIN*
On the two test copies I've made so far, the mold for the coffin has given me some minor problems with air bubbles and mismatching of the sides. However, when I painted the copies, these minor imperfections gave the coffin character in my opinion so I've chosen to continue to make them this way. I would never send out a copy that was damaged beyond working with, but the coffin you receive may have minor imperfections.

For anyone else wanting the kit, here's the link:

VooDoo Priest kit

I'll be adding 35+ more items, and have an update in my casting thread shortly regarding the new items PLUS some exciting things I'm going to be doing with the store.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Imperfections make the coffin that much more interesting. :D And next week shipping sounds pretty good to me. I get it. I'm sure that some of those 50 people will trickle in once they realize the kit is ready.

Q) Will it fit on a ROC Night Adder body too?

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
The jacket? Or the coffin?

The jacket is actually made from a harder plastic, so you're going to have to heat it up with a hair dryer and it will soften, and should fit over almost any figure body. The coffin is fairly small unfortunately, it's not very wide and not a lot of figures will fit inside it.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Yeah, I don't have any flexible material on hand, so I altered the mix a little bit and used less catalyst/hardener so the material gets really soft when you heat it up so it should fit over almost any figure. Personally, I like it, because once it cools and hardens again it gives it a nice fit instead of being all sloppy and saggy looking from the soft materials.