Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
That is a really awesome deal you have there. I might have to pick some of those suits up. I've always wanted modern version of spy vs spy figures so getting a black suit and a white suit will get me pretty close without having to paint one. Now I just need to find some good weasel heads.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Here you go DSB:

SPECIALS

Daily Specials are scheduled as follows for Monday through Saturday every week going forward:

Monday

Mighty Monday

1 free Super hero (AC, or MC) head of your choice free for every $20 you spend

Tuesday

Torso Tuesday

Get a free torso for every $30 you spend

Wednesday

Weapons Wednesday

Get a free weapon of your choice for every $20 you spend.

Thursday

3XL Thursday

Spend $30 or more and get 3 items $10 or less free

Friday

Freebie Friday

Get 1 free head ($5, or less) for every $10 you spend

Saturday

Super Power Saturday

Get 1 free super power attack accessory under $10 for
every $30 you spend

Monthly
Ok, so the Halloween Spooktacular just ended, and did the R&D phase for the military figure kits. So I've been sitting here racking my brain as to what I can do next. I like to try to stay a couple months ahead of major holiday events for you guys so yo can be ready w/ gifts, or customs to enter the contest with. So since I'm sure some of you guys might want to do for some of your loved ones like I did for my wife for her Anniversary/Christmas present last, and give your loved ones custom figures of themselves during the month of November (WE 11-1 through WE 11-29) I'm lowering the build a figure kits prices by $10 to $35 across the board (The Furball kits are not included as I doubt any of your friends, and family look like that), and the $20 suited figures will go down to $15.

Remember that this is only for the month of November so as to hopefully give you guys time to get the customs done before Christmas.

I know I'm a couple of weeks behind right now, but once the materials that I need come in I'll be getting those orders knocked out. I've started on WE 10-11, and have a few orders for WE 10-4 left all of which need the soft items ie capes, coats, hats, web gear. So once the material comes in hopefully tomorrow if the UPS driver that brings it tomorrow isn't too lazy to get out of his truck, I'll get started on the soft items for WE 10-4/10-11 knocking both weeks' soft items out at the same time.

Current ongoing specials:
Mystery Chest (ongoing):
One free mystery item at $50 increments (1 @ $50, 2 @ $100, 3 @ $150, 4 @ $200) before shipping. In these chests if you find a head, or item cast in gold coloring you get a free $20 order w/ free US shipping (international rates apply if the winner is outside the US). Just email me @ rodimusvts@verizon.net (this will be changing in a few days to vortious@comcast.net, that's going to be allot of work changing my email on all of those accounts I have on different sites, but we're saving about $700 p/y changing over to Xfinity)

RvsB Challenge special (through 11-30-14):
One free weapon, or tool when you spend $30 or more before shipping, and mention the RvsB challenge in the notes. You just need to put the name of the weapon, or tool you want next to the mentioning of the RvsB challenge

Free figure kit assembly at $100 (ongoing)[/b]
Also free figure kit assembly for orders of $100 increments when you buy a figure kit. So if you get 2 figure kits as part of a $200 order then you get assembly on them for free. This is good for any figure kit (suited figures, build a figures, fur ball kit, and any future figure kits), you just need to specify that you want it done.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014

I saw a figure today at m biglots that had a very simular looking face,a dark elf from the avengers 2 line

A little sanding&paint,and it might could work?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I saw a figure today at m biglots that had a very simular looking face,a dark elf from the avengers 2 line

A little sanding&paint,and it might could work?

I actually have one of those sitting on my mold prep table downstairs that I bought to make molds of the weapons from since the Chinese ebayers were selling the heck out of those w/o any weapons.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Well,he's now common,and cheap!

I found that Loki a few weeks ago at Ross,and that kruse figure I've seen at tjmax. looks like the entire line is at most discount retailers. I've never seen them anywhere else either,..very hasbro:trollface:

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
^
Well,he's now common,and cheap!

I found that Loki a few weeks ago at Ross,and that kruse figure I've seen at tjmax. looks like the entire line is at most discount retailers. I've never seen them anywhere else either,..very hasbro:trollface:

They're still only 1 to a case. Why do they do that? They make an army builder character like the Hydra goons (who they didn't overly short pack), or AIM (1 per case, and NEVER revisioned), or Dark Elves (1 per case). They should know that these things will sell REALLY well especially if they put 2, or 3 in a case. IF I was them I'd do a leader of X army in the single packs, and then do an army builder pack of 3, or 4 in an army builder box set. Maybe w/ 2 of them in the basic uniforms, and the other one in s lightly different suit so that it's like a squad leader, but still not the boss man. For instance w/ AIM I'd put out MODOK in single pack, and then a scientist supreme, and 2 AIM soldiers.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I want a Dark Elf head and a Kurse, but I'm dubious I want to give $8 each for them. And why in the hell was there no Malekith?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Vortious has 2 already. 1 normal and 1 battle damaged.

Thanks Archivist!

Yeah THEY really dropped the ball on that figure entirely FIRST by NOT making Malekith himself, and SECOND by not making the Dark Elf more readily available. I started working on making his head a while ago, but it took me a while to find just the right braided ponytail.

I made a female torso #12 recently, and found that the mold needed replacing, and I haven't liked the set up for the old MU female lower torso for a while, as the 6 main pieces rarely fit onto the inner posts properly. So I decided now was as good as any to try to replace it. So I tried the lower torsos for both the Female torso #20, and #25. Both fit pretty well so rather than just replace the Female torso #12 i replaced the female torso #12, AND added Female Torso #35. The #12 still has the same upper torso as it used to with the lower from the female torso #20 to give you that spandex clad super heroine look, and goes together MUCH easier. While the #35 has that same upper, and a more aggressive, and Amazonian looking abdominal for those more warrior like female characters. The #35 is also just a little taller. The change will be occurring starting with the orders for WE 10-11.

New Female Torso #12

Female Torso #35

Size comparison of the 2

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I want a Dark Elf head and a Kurse, but I'm dubious I want to give $8 each for them. And why in the hell was there no Malekith?

^
Yeah,I felt he was a $5 figure. I've seen a dozen Loki figures now,lol. Glad I got the one I needed for $5 at Ross. $8 seems ok for a nice long coat,and sone cool upper arms...not so much for a head that needs work and has very limited applications it could be used for...$5 is much better.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
ACK!!! Is it possible to change my order from the old torso to one of these beauties?
Comparison photo with old MU torso requested please!

If you've ordered the Female Torso #12 then you'll be getting the mew version. The old one's mold was too far gone, and like I said the old one was too much of a pain to put together.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

I wonder will other female upper torsos switch on two that second female lower there? I was thinking about "pencil nipples" (the proper item number escapes me) and that larger/longer midsection might scale pretty well with the the ReAction Bride head.

^
Yeah,I felt he was a $5 figure. I've seen a dozen Loki figures now,lol. Glad I got the one I needed for $5 at Ross. $8 seems ok for a nice long coat,and sone cool upper arms...not so much for a head that needs work and has very limited applications it could be used for...$5 is much better.

I bought Loki when they came out, just for the dagger and head. Been meaning to swap a longer neckball onto a a suited torso for "business before pleasure" Loki. I think his coat ended up on my MU She Hulk.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I wonder will other female upper torsos switch on two that second female lower there? I was thinking about "pencil nipples" (the proper item number escapes me) and that larger/longer midsection might scale pretty well with the the ReAction Bride head.

I bought Loki when they came out, just for the dagger and head. Been meaning to swap a longer neckball onto a a suited torso for "business before pleasure" Loki. I think his coat ended up on my MU She Hulk.

I think you mean the Female torso #20, and yes I think it will.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Do you have/cast any thing that would match a Confederate or Union uniform?

Not at the moment, but that is an interesting idea.

Well I guess everyone was busy with Halloween yesterday, and forgot about Freebie Friday, so I'm extending it to today.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
So it's getting cold outside, and even our customs are going to want to start bundling up, so this week's special is up to $10 worth of items from the attire section for every $30 you spend. So if you spend $60 you get up to $20 worth of attire for free. Just be sure to put what you want in the notes. No note, or email, then no extras.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok so 10 of the 23 orders from WE 10-11 went out yesterday, and the 13 that are left will be done today, and ship out tomorrow. So I'm sorting out the parts from the orders from WE 10-18 today so that I can get started on those orders, and try to knock them out as quickly as possible.

Don't forget guys today is Torso Tuesday so you get a free torso of your choice for every $30 you spend. Also w/ the attire special this week you get a free piece of clothing (jacket, belt, cape etc), and with the RvsB laser challenge you get a free weapon. All of these are of your choice, so when you order just put the list of free items you want in the notes.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok, so the attire special doesn't seem to be hitting the right notes. So how about this Double the Daily deals the rest of this week!

That's right Double Weapons Wednesday, Double 3xL Thursday, Double Freebie Friday, and Double Super Powers Saturday.

So today you'll get TWO weapons of your choice for every $20 you spend.

Tomorrow you'll get SIX items of $10 or less for any order of $30 or more

Friday you'll get TWO free heads of $5 or less for free every $10 you spend

Saturday you'll get TWO super power accessories for every $30 you spend

Last edited:

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
The CC uniform does kinda work for a Union Officer. I just came up with another custom Idea. I want to make a custom figure of an Irish Republican Armay Provo. Allready have the perfect head. Do any of your male torsos work for an IRA uniform? Thanks.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
The CC uniform does kinda work for a Union Officer. I just came up with another custom Idea. I want to make a custom figure of an Irish Republican Armay Provo. Allready have the perfect head. Do any of your male torsos work for an IRA uniform? Thanks.

I think these 3 are close enough to almost work
MT7

MT9

MT13

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
With the exception of one order that I have to assemble the figures for the last of the orders for WE 10-11-14 shipped out this afternoon, and I'm hard at work on WE 10-18-14 right now. I am hoping to be able to wrap up WE 10-18 by Monday, or Tuesday on next week, and start knocking out WE 10-25.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Wow! your getting caught up!! Awesome! I'll be mailing you parts next week,and ordering a few things I've had my eye on. I'm finally wrapping up a few customs I've been working on forever it seems.

CaliViper

Enlisted
Oct 22, 2014
Wow! your getting caught up!! Awesome! I'll be mailing you parts next week,and ordering a few things I've had my eye on. I'm finally wrapping up a few customs I've been working on forever it seems.

Can you post pics of what you have coming?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I've actually had 4 orders for WE 10-18 go out so far. I LOVE this new sorting method. It makes sorting the parts part of taking them out of the pots so the orders are ready to go as soon as the last item comes out for the customer. I should hopefully have most of the rest of the order ready by Monday, or Tuesday at the latest.