Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
The Duty Armor Ralph's head probably pegs in just like any other figure with a neck swivel. Vortious is right on both accounts.

I've never seen someone try to make the custom process more difficult in my life. :trollface:

Who's making customizing more difficult? Surely not me. I try to make it as easy as possible for you guys.

I feel like that sometimes... Especially over the past year

You weren't kidding when you said that you had ALLOT of figures.

That looks vaguely like my "collection"... except those containers are all the large 75qt. Rubbermaid bins...

Sadly most of mine are in boxes too, but I want to start populating this:

good to hear business is picking up.

Yeah WE 10-11, 10-18, and 10-25 were HUGE. It's slowed down considerably since then, but things are definitely still going fairly well. I think you guys will like what I have planned for the Black Friday Weekend. I'll post it tomorrow night, but suffice to say you guys might just be doing some army building.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Who's making customizing more difficult? Surely not me. I try to make it as easy as possible for you guys.

Nah, I mean CobraOfficer. I think he's over-thinking it. A Ralph head on a Hulk body should be pretty damn easy.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
I ordered the Hulk Body. It's on the way. I thought at first, Ralph looked to be a one-piece mold without detachable parts, like the original toy for the Battlecat Tiger Liono of the Thundercats rides. His head actually comes off like a Joes?

I also decided to start a Fanfic on the Fighting 1:18th that is a crossover including characters from the following franchises: GI Joe, Wreck It Ralph, Star Wars, Planet of the Apes, and Transformers. For those interested, work on the fanfic should start soon here:

http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/...alphs-adventures-cobra-island.html#post307706

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Now You all know that this week is 3XL Thursday Thanksgiving special, so for every order of $30 or more you get up to 3 free items of up to $30 total. Well Thanksgiving day is also 3XL Thursday, so that means that you get DOUBLE 3XL Thursday savings. So any order of $30 or more tomorrow gets you up to 6 free items worth up to $60 total. Plus the RvsB challenge promotion gets you a free weapon, or tool of your choice for free. So that's up to $70 worth of free items for spending just $30. So you can literally get up to $100 by just spending $30. How's that for a deal huh?

Now of course there's also Black Friday coming up, and you all know I'm running a special for that. In fact I'm running the Black Friday special all WEEKEND from Black Friday through Small Business Saturday, through Cyber Sunday, and Cyber Monday! The FIRST 2 are choose ONE OR THE OTHER. So NO you can not get both!

First: This weekend only buy 2 custom figure kits, and get a third one of equal or lesser value free. So you can get the Big Boss kit, the Fur Ball kit, and then get any 1 of the build a figures, or suited figures for free, or you can get 3 of the suited figures, or 3 of the build a figures. What you CAN NOT do is order 2 of the suited figures, and ask for a build a figure, or Furball kit, or Big Boss kit for free. The free one has to be the same value as either one of the 2 you paid for or less.

OR

Second: EVERY order gets 1 free head of their choice worth up to $7, and an additional one free head worth up to $7 for EVERY $10 you spend (this does NOT include shipping fees). So at $10 you get 2 at $20 you'll get 3, 4 @ $30, and so on.

The next 3 are automatic:

Third: I'm going to continue the free foot balls for every order of $10 or more through Cyber Monday. I've been putting them in with load after load when I had left over plastics, and I have 3 of them that I can make at a time, so I'm up to like 15, or 20 of them.

Fourth: This Friday is still Freebie Friday, SO for every $10 you get to choose a free head worth up to $5 each.

Fifth: 3XL Thursday Thanksgiving week. At $30 you get to choose up to 3 items worth up to $30 for free

So let's string this together to see what you get:

Option 1
Say you get the Big Boss kit, and a build a male figure kit. That's $85
Special #1 free custom kit, let's just say another build a figure 1 free build a figure kit $35 (build a figure kits go back up to $45, and the suited figures go back up to $20 after Monday)
Special #3 free foot ball w/ any order of $10 or more 1 free foot ball $3
Special #4 Freebie Friday 8 free heads (again let's assume maximum amount $5) $40
Special #5 3XL Thanksgiving special $30 worth of items

For a total set of freebies worth up to $108

That's a total of up $193 worth of items for only $85

Option 2
Say you get the Big Boss kit, and a build a male figure kit. That's $85
Special # 2 free head up to $7 PLUS one free for every $10 9 free heads (Let's assume every head is a $7) that's $63
Special #3 free foot ball w/ any order of $10 or more 1 free foot ball $3
Special #4 Freebie Friday 8 free heads (again let's assume maximum amount $5) $40
Special #5 3XL Thanksgiving special $30 worth of items

You'll get up to $136 worth of freebies. This amount of free goodies is based on an $85 purchase, and will vary depending on the amount that you spend.

For a total of up to $221 worth of items for only spending $85

Oh, and don't forget the RvsB laser challenge which ends THIS Saturday. Ah heck I'll let it go through Monday. So that's another free weapon or tool worth up to $10 for free.

Also at $50 intervals you'll still get the treasure chests w/ a chance to find a gold cast head, or accessory inside for a free $20 order.

Am I crazy? Probably, but hey I've got 2 promotions ending this weekend, so why not. I'm sure I'll be doing something for December, and into January for specials, but I'm just not sure what yet.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys even though the 3XL Thanksgiving special is over the Black Friday through Cyber Monday specials are still going on. This week's special is going to be Torso Tuesday everyday. So for every $30 you spend you get a free torso AS WELL AS the Black Friday to Cyber Monday specials through Monday night at midnight. 12 am EST Tuesday morning the Black Friday through Cyber Monday sale ends.

So just a reminder here are the 2 Black Friday weekend specials:

First: This weekend only buy 2 custom figure kits, and get a third one of equal or lesser value free. So you can get the Big Boss kit, the Fur Ball kit, and then get any 1 of the build a figures, or suited figures for free, or you can get 3 of the suited figures, or 3 of the build a figures. What you CAN NOT do is order 2 of the suited figures, and ask for a build a figure, or Furball kit, or Big Boss kit for free. The free one has to be the same value as either one of the 2 you paid for or less.

OR

Second: EVERY order gets 1 free head of their choice worth up to $7, and an additional one free head worth up to $7 for EVERY $10 you spend (this does NOT include shipping fees). So at $10 you get 2 at $20 you'll get 3, 4 @ $30, and so on.

I have 32 of the footballs made so since I only had 19 orders for last week that get a football I'm going to continue the free foot ball for orders over $10 through this week as well.

Please remember to let me know what free items you want so that I know what to give you.

So, anyone establish if Wreck It's noggin is detachable?

Not yet, but it probably is just a swivel neck that can be cut off, and then dremeled out.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Placed an order:D

Lemme know if you have any questions ..put the heads in the message..thanks!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
^
Placed an order:D

Lemme know if you have any questions ..put the heads in the message..thanks!

I like how you listed them vertically too. It really helps when I go through to check everything off while I'm sorting things out by color, and type for the casting list, and when I'm checking things off as I put them into your order. So thank you VERY MUCH for that.

CaliViper

Enlisted
Oct 22, 2014
Any demand for casting the MU professor x? I know you have some suits already but I really prefer tge t bar

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Any demand for casting the MU professor x? I know you have some suits already but I really prefer tge t bar

Sounds like a tall order. I know I want more Professor X bucks, but I don't see cast ones being any cheaper than carded Xes on eBay.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013

I've been asked about casting him for a while. Someone even sent him to me parted out, but the suited figures I have now have all of the same articulation except it has a waist swivel instead of the torso pivot (though w/ the Prof X jacket closed a swivel is about all it really has anyway), and mine doesn't have the ankle pivot. All of the rest of the articulation is exactly the same. The T bar is just bigger, and actually more sturdy than the thinner Hasbro style T bars. Also KTiger is right about cost. The reason why I was able to keep the cost of my suited figures down is that there is less to mess with making them as opposed to making the other figures I have. Sure the amount of rubber required for the arms, and legs are about the same but the amount of rubber needed for the torso is far less. I have been looking at a few mods that I could do to make some improvements to it like adding the ankle pivot, and maybe adding some kind of torso pivot by cutting the torso in half, and using a double balled pin, or using a different torso, and copying either the Prof X jacket, or the one from MiB. I'll look into it once I get a bit more caught up. I'll be finishing up the last few orders for WE 10-25 this week, and then the weeks that followed weren't too big, so I doubt it'll take too long to get caught up to where I'm only 2 1/2 to 3 weeks behind. At that point I'll start looking at reworking some things including the suited figure's articulation, and such.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sure, but when I have to tack on the other stuff it kills my buzz.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I'll take some comparison pics of my suited figure the Prof X figure, and the Two Face figure so you guys can compare them all side by side. Anything specific you guys want to see?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Range of motion. I've got Two Face and the Prof., so the only unknown commodity is yours.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Range of motion. I've got Two Face and the Prof., so the only unknown commodity is yours.

Ok I'll take those pics in a little bit after I get the first run of the morning in. They should be up by around 4 pm, since by the time I get done putting the first run through the first pot will probably be done, so I'll start all over again.

Also since this week is Torso Tuesday everyday, today is DOUBLE Torso Tuesday. So for every $30 you spend you'll get 2 free torsos of your choice, that's right this isn't a spend $30, or more, and get 1 of sale. Torso Tuesday is EVERY $30 that you spend. So usually you'd get 1 free torso for every $30, but today you'll get TWO free torsos of your choice for every $30 spent. So by spending $30 you get $50 worth of items.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Here you go KT:

Sitting:

Standing side by side:

holding a Tommy Gun. You'll notice that the extra girth of the thick coat makes Xavier's arm go out a little further while Coulson's is nice, and close to his body. While poor Harvey couldn't hold it w/ 2 hands even if he didn't have the coin permanently molded in his right hand.:

Martial Arts poses. Both Xavier, and Coulson can do the same poses. The ONLY joints that Xavier has that are usable that Coulson doesn't is the ankles. The chest pivot doesn't count since all it can do w/ the coat on is swivel:

Articulation check list:
X- Xavier
C- Coulson
T- Two Face

ball socket neck
X C T
Swivel, and pivot shoulder
X C T
Swivel, and pivot elbow
X C
Swivel wrist
X C T
Waist/ Torso swivel
X C T
Tbar, or equivalent hips (Two Face's are almost Tbar equivalent)
X C T
Swivel, and pivot knee (Two Face's is swivel, and pivot, but the pivot only goes about 45*-60*, not a full 90*)
X C T
Swivel, and pivot ankle
X

I will be making a new mold of the feet for my suited figure feet to add the pivot the same way that I've done w/ changing the ankle peg size for the female bare feet, and to make the different articulated hands I've made. It' just a simple matter of making a new mold of the feet w/ them set up differently. I'll be doing this this evening when I make some molds that I need more of to help speed some things up.

So once the new mold is made that last category will be even between Xavier, and Coulson.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
People are gonna call me crazy when I meld Black Mask and Professor X.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
People are gonna call me crazy when I meld Black Mask and Professor X.

Well he is only a few dollars more, but you'll have to paint him, when you can get essentially the same thing from me for $20 in whatever color you want w/ a black cast Red Skull head either movie, or comics style. So instead of $10 for the Black Mask figure, and $25-$30 for the Xavier plus the shipping for both. It'd only be $20 plus shipping. Could save a few bucks, and allot of paint work.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Well, the Wreck it Ralph figs arrived today. Vanellope's head was too big for Joe bodies and I overdremmelled the 3 inch Ralph's head. Luckilly, it looked like it would have fit on the 5 inch Hulk body, though the neck looked a little long. Also, he was cheep at 4 bucks on amazo, so I ordered two more Ralphs to try again. I was wondering if you might do a comission cast of a Joe body compatable Vanellope noggin.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well he is only a few dollars more, but you'll have to paint him, when you can get essentially the same thing from me for $20 in whatever color you want w/ a black cast Red Skull head either movie, or comics style. So instead of $10 for the Black Mask figure, and $25-$30 for the Xavier plus the shipping for both. It'd only be $20 plus shipping. Could save a few bucks, and allot of paint work.

A few points:

1. I've got 3 MoC Profs. waiting for something to happen to them. No monetary outlay there.

2. I've yet to see a 1:18 Red Skull head sculpt I like. As I have a Red Skull custom awaiting a head, I'd have this reasoning alone to buy a Black Mask.

3. There's no delicate way to say this, but I don't particularly care for your suited torso. Black Mask has a 3 piece suit cut in the style of the '30s and '40s and that's what I want from my suited bucks. You should in no way read that as an indictment of your work, simply a very real stylistic preference on my part.

4. I'm on the Fighting 1:18th, not Hiss Tank. I'm not afraid of paint.

All of this is moot at any rate. I just remembered that BM's trousers have sculpted pinstripes and the Xavier doesn't, which shoots the plan all to shit. Now, if you want to create a set of Joe-style pinstriped trouser legs and cast the BM arms and torsos I'm all ears.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
A few points:

1. I've got 3 MoC Profs. waiting for something to happen to them. No monetary outlay there.

2. I've yet to see a 1:18 Red Skull head sculpt I like. As I have a Red Skull custom awaiting a head, I'd have this reasoning alone to buy a Black Mask.

3. There's no delicate way to say this, but I don't particularly care for your suited torso. Black Mask has a 3 piece suit cut in the style of the '30s and '40s and that's what I want from my suited bucks. You should in no way read that as an indictment of your work, simply a very real stylistic preference on my part.

4. I'm on the Fighting 1:18th, not Hiss Tank. I'm not afraid of paint.

All of this is moot at any rate. I just remembered that BM's trousers have sculpted pinstripes and the Xavier doesn't, which shoots the plan all to shit. Now, if you want to create a set of Joe-style pinstriped trouser legs and cast the BM arms and torsos I'm all ears.

No offense taken I understand. I didn't know you had that many Prof Xs. Wow I never found a single one at retail I had to get mine from ebay along w/ the rest of his wave. Got all of them for about $60 IIRC. As for the pinstripes Joe legs I might at some point down the road.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think I scored all the ones that came to my local Wal-Mart, 4 in all.

It's a great buck aside from the short neck.

CaliViper

Enlisted
Oct 22, 2014
It's a great buck aside from the short neck.

I hate that short neck. But I also like ho with jacket is removeable. It allows for cusomization if we had a few different coat styles. That's probably why I prefer the buck over the Face one which has the molded suit. For some reason the bulky jacket over the torso just gives it a better suited look to me. Plus I'd love to have those legs in any color to put on other joe bodies.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I really can't wait to see an overcoat and matching arms on the Black Mask buck. I think that's gonna make for an awesome gangster.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I really can't wait to see an overcoat and matching arms on the Black Mask buck. I think that's gonna make for an awesome gangster.

Now over coats I can help you out with. I just need to find a good Joe style set of trench coat looking sleeves. For my suited figures w/ trench coats I usually just use the same sleeve arms, but I know they aren't bulky enough.

I'll see what I can do about bulking up the Suited figure's torso. I was thinking about switching out the torso w/ the ones from the MiB figures. Just the torso, not the arms, and legs. I'd have to either mod the hips, or the joint holes in the thighs to fit the hips. Then I'll add a couple of different jacket styles to the store as well. I'll look into it while I'm waiting for loads to cure over the next week or so. I've already looked into how the parts MIGHT work together, so I just need to figure out how all I want to go.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
From my experience with the DCMU construction I'm thinking the overcoat is gonna be a permanent, cut-and-paste job. Won't know until I have the components in-hand. I'm erring on the side of there being too much bulk to just slip the coat over the BM buck.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
From my experience with the DCMU construction I'm thinking the overcoat is gonna be a permanent, cut-and-paste job. Won't know until I have the components in-hand. I'm erring on the side of there being too much bulk to just slip the coat over the BM buck.

Sorry You said over coat so I was thinking trench coat, as some call trench coats over coats. I think what you were talking about is just a suit coat as the one under it is just a vest usually. You're probably right though it probably is just all one piece like Xavier's is.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was talking about a trench coat. I know you make those ( a little too much "action" in the sculpt), but I'm contending it's not going to go over the torso and sit correctly.

I certainly hope it would, because the less work the better.

Last edited:

CaliViper

Enlisted
Oct 22, 2014
Could you just do the Prof X arms and legs? Those arms are good for jackets and the pants too. I think we can get by without the torso. There are a lot of collared shirt torsos around.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Could you just do the Prof X arms and legs? Those arms are good for jackets and the pants too. I think we can get by without the torso. There are a lot of collared shirt torsos around.

I have a new order of mold rubber coming either tomorrow, or Friday. So maybe I'll put them through then.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Today is Thursday, so that means that it's 3XL Thursday again so any order of $30 or more gets you up to 3 items worth up to $30 for free, and add that to the Torso Tuesday Everyday promotion I have going this week, and you've got 3 free items of your choice, and a free torso of your choice once you hit $30. Now the 3XL Thursday is only a one time hit, so it does not repeat at $60 for 6 free items, but the Torso Tuesday does hit again at $60 for a second free torso.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys a little update on the orders for WE 10-25. I had 7 more orders for WE 10-25 go out yesterday, and had 8 orders left. Two of those eight are done, and those two will definitely go out tomorrow, and I should be done with 4, or 5 of the last 6 by tomorrow evening w/ the last order finishing up Saturday night, and then I'll be starting on the orders for WE 11-1, and quite possibly 11-8 as well since those were both smaller order weeks. I'm hopeful I can get them both finished in the next week, but I'm going to plan for finishing them the Wednesday of the week after next. I will be aiming for Saturday the 13th, but I just don't want to be unrealistic about how long it will take to get things done.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Today is Freebie Friday, so w/ the Torso Tuesday everyday promotion going on today you get a free torso, and 3 free heads for every $30 you spend before shipping.

Taliax

Enlisted
Nov 1, 2014
I got 3 of my orders from you this week. Keep up the great work.
Do you know if you could cast something in Hot Pink?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I got 3 of my orders from you this week. Keep up the great work.
Do you know if you could cast something in Hot Pink?

I'd have to see an example of what you mean by hot pink. I know that w/ white, and red I can mix pinks of various different shades. I even made some belts for someone in "neon" green. It was more of a greenish yellow, but it looked pretty close to a neon green

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
Smooth-On Ignite® Fluorescent Colors for Rubber, Plastic and Foam

These added to a flat base color will give you the bright neon/hot colors....and as a side effect glow under UV light. Added in small amounts to clear/amber resin will give you UV glowing ghost/hologram effects. Only get the smallest amount and color you need as they evaporate quickly once opened.

You guys may want to throw some cash in Votorious's holiday tip jar as the dyes are expensive to keep on hand for every request.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Smooth-On Ignite® Fluorescent Colors for Rubber, Plastic and Foam

These added to a flat base color will give you the bright neon/hot colors....and as a side effect glow under UV light. Added in small amounts to clear/amber resin will give you UV glowing ghost/hologram effects. Only get the smallest amount and color you need as they evaporate quickly once opened.

You guys may want to throw some cash in Votorious's holiday tip jar as the dyes are expensive to keep on hand for every request.

Thanks DW. When I had that order for the neon I thought about getting that, but I figured I'd try to mix something that was close to neon first. Thanks for the info on them evaporating though. I've never had that issue w/ the other pigments, some of which I've had for a LONG time. The blue, and purple I think I've only ever bought 1, or maybe 2 of. I know I've bought a few green, orange, and yellow, maybe 4, or 5 red, and 2, or 3 brown, but the ones I use most are black white, and flesh tone. I'm loving the magic powders right now. I used up 2 of the smaller silver bullet ones in about 2 weeks, so I got the bigger tub, and that's lasted me about a month or so, but I'm barely 1/4 of the way into it. I've got that mastered now, and I'm trying to get the gold mastered. Gold is tricky, because everyone has their own idea of what it SHOULD look like, but in order to get like a jewelery gold you have to have some silver in there, but too much, and it looks more copper than gold. That's why gold details on figures are all over the place in color variations.