Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

jlw515

Enlisted
Mar 6, 2014
What is your average turn around time on orders?

Not trying to rush you at all, just curious about 1st week of March order. Thanks.

Jason

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
What is your average turn around time on orders?

Not trying to rush you at all, just curious about 1st week of March order. Thanks.

Jason

Right now I'm a bit behind schedule which is why, I'm closing down for 4 weeks starting this Sunday. So you guys have until 11:59PM Eastern time on Saturday to get your last orders in before I close for 4 weeks. This IS NOT a permanent shut down just a little reprieve so that I can try to get as caught up as possible before the end of May when I reopen. My goal during those 4 weeks will be to just keep my nose to the grind stone, get the orders filled, and get some new molds made. So if you send me a message, and don't get a reply for a couple of days DO NOT despair, I'm not ignoring you, but rather just staying very hard at work. When I reopen at the end of May the turn around time should be MUCH shorter. I'm hoping to have it down to 1 week 2 at the most.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok guys, the store is closed until the 22nd of May. If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, or email me. I might not get back to you for a day, or two as I'm going to be avoiding the computer like the plague except to sort the next parts lists as I'll be focussing my attention on just getting the orders done, and out ASAP. See you all in 4 weeks

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
No, sorry I posted about this on FB, but apparently I didn't go to the other sites, and repost. I decided to hold off on reopening for just one more week. So I WILL be reopening on Sunday the 29th.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Alright guys I'M BACK! the store is OPEN!!!! I'm done through the first week of March, so I'm still 7 weeks back on orders, but as I continue on through those 7 weeks of orders they should be out in the next 3-4 weeks, and the orders that come in now should be out with in 6. With the wait time continuing to grow shorter as we go along. There are 31 new items I've gotten fully ready to go into the store at this point. I have about 10-15 more items that I have molds of that I'm getting ready to go in ASAP, and should be in around next Sunday. That's mostly web gear, and vests. These 31 include 14 original sculpts from Eggert, 7 from Dan Vega, 1 from Rajon Mack, and several figurines that I reworked the heads from including one VERY cool one w/ light piping for his eyes. I also managed to copy 2 ninja swords w/ their sheaths cast AROUND the swords (this is why you see remnants of black on the handles) I hope you guys enjoy the items both new, and old.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys don't forget that since it's Thursday you can get a free $10, or less item for every $15 you spend. Also don't forget about the BAF deal where you get a free figure kit for every $50 you spend, and since sales have been really low this week, I'm going to run a Buy 2 Get 1 free deal through Saturday night. So you buy 2 heads, pick a 3rd one of equal, or lesser value, and put it in the notes. You buy 2 figure kits, pick a 3rd of equal, or lesser value, and put it in the notes, and so on.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
I have a question: i have two old Joe APCs. A customization idea came across my mind reciently involving them but I can't quite figure out how to go about it: I want to convert the vehicle to a right hand drive, British style vehicle. Does anyone have an Idea of how to go about this? Thank you.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I have a question: i have two old Joe APCs. A customization idea came across my mind reciently involving them but I can't quite figure out how to go about it: I want to convert the vehicle to a right hand drive, British style vehicle. Does anyone have an Idea of how to go about this? Thank you.

If you can find a similar sized vehicle in this scale, that is British/Japanese style then cut the dashes out of both, and then switch them out. If the vehicle you use is one you'd like to have in US/ most of the world style then it's win/win.

ShipShape1983

Its THAT guy...
Sep 17, 2013
NJ
Any plans to cast the newer MU female buck?

The ones with the cut thighs and calves? I'd love to get a kit of that buck in flesh.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Any plans to cast the newer MU female buck?

The ones with the cut thighs and calves? I'd love to get a kit of that buck in flesh.

Honestly, no I haven't planned to copy that on. I've never liked the Barbie proportions that they used on it. Super long stick arms, and legs w/ that tiny petite torso. IMHO it just doesn't look right.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys, I know that I'm still a bit behind (fell a little further behind over the last 2 weeks dealing with the death of my father, and the family revelations that have come out around all of that), so that is probably the main thing affecting my orders, but I think that maybe it is also the deals I've been running over the last 6 months, or so. I had been told that my daily deals were too confusing for some people, but I've noticed that since I simplified the deals down to 2 deals a week the orders have really dropped off. So starting this week, I'm bringing back the daily deals as follows:

Monday: Military Monday
this day is in honor of our armed forces, and for every $40 you spend you can pick one free army builder figure

Tuesday: Torso Tuesday
Every Tuesday you can pick a free torso for every $20 you spend

Wednesday: Wacky Wednesday
Your choice of 1 free item of $10, or less for every $15 you spend

Thursday: 3XL Thursday
3 items of $10, or less for any order of $30, or more

Friday: Free figure Friday
1 free figure kit (of $35, or less) for every $50 spent

Saturday, and Sunday: Wild Weekend
You pick which one of the daily deals from the rest of the week you want to use. It gives you the chance to basically get a redo on whichever day you wanted to use the deal from after you get paid on Friday.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks you guys. It's funny I know he's gone, but even now 2 weeks later I still expect him to walk in the door any minute. It's a really strange feeling.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thanks you guys. It's funny I know he's gone, but even now 2 weeks later I still expect him to walk in the door any minute. It's a really strange feeling.

That's just what happens, you never expect to see the last of a loved one. :(

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
In honor of Veterans Day I'm running Military Monday from today through Sunday in addition to the daily deals

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RodimusVTS/media/RodimusVTS157/c7ac42a4-659f-406a-bef5-62bdfe7ac59f_zpsnpycp1jp.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/RodimusVTS/RodimusVTS157/c7ac42a4-659f-406a-bef5-62bdfe7ac59f_zpsnpycp1jp.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Just got my package!! Great job with Robin. Actually got some surprise custom time & finished off or made progress on a few items. (Ghost Rider for my Agents of Shield team that one day I will get off my ass & photograph.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Did you ever get around to doing the football armour I ordered a few months ago?

I'm working on September right now, so if you ordered in September it should be out in the next week, or so.

Just got my package!! Great job with Robin. Actually got some surprise custom time & finished off or made progress on a few items. (Ghost Rider for my Agents of Shield team that one day I will get off my ass & photograph.

That's great I look froward to seeing how they turn out.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Just checked my PayPal account for my order history. I have two orders from you: one from the 12th of September, the other from the 14th of September.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
This week as a Christmas special, you have 2 options for your weekly deal. You can use the Kickstarter deal in conjunction w/ the daily deals, OR you can use the buy 2 get 1 free deal (free item must be of equal, or lesser value to the lower priced of the 2 items purchased) in conjunction w/ the daily deals.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys with the Buy 2 get 1 free deal in effect today is your day to army build! Military Monday, so you get 1 free army builder figure when you spend $40, or more. So since each one is $20 if you buy 2 there's your $40, AND there's your 2 for the BTGO deal. S you're getting FOUR army builders for the price of 2, basically $10 each!!!
Boost Post

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
The arms and legs came. I just ordered some boxing gloves, as all I can find are two gloves for the same hand for my FSS Big Boa. I had a second FSS BB, but have no Idea where the gloves for the other side. I thought I had also ordered a full body and some football armour a few months ago last year. Thanks for the legs and arms.

Last edited:

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
From Facebook:

Vortious: So as we end the 3rd week in January, and prepare to start the 4th week of 2017, it dawns on me that on March 14th 5 years ago I opened this little shop. Right now I'm at 2730 orders, and I'd really like to hit the 3,000 mark by the 5 year anniversary which is only 270 orders away. So to that end here's what I'm going to do. All orders of $12 (I opened in 2012)or more that come in between now, and March 14th will get to pic 1 free head of $5, or less for free (no limit on what section it's from), and the 3000th order customer, IF they spend at least $12 will get to pick up to $50 in free items. If the 3000th order is not $12, or more then the next order of $12, or more will get it.
You guys will of course be able to stack this with the other deals I run.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
The arms and legs came. I just ordered some boxing gloves, as all I can find are two gloves for the same hand for my FSS Big Boa. I had a second FSS BB, but have no Idea where the gloves for the other side. I thought I had also ordered a full body and some football armour a few months ago last year. Thanks for the legs and arms.

Do me a favor, and look the other order up in your paypal, and let me know if I missed it. It's entirely possible, I mean I'm only human I do occasionally miss things, but if you guys point them out, I'll aways be sure to take care of it for you guys.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Do me a favor, and look the other order up in your paypal, and let me know if I missed it. It's entirely possible, I mean I'm only human I do occasionally miss things, but if you guys point them out, I'll aways be sure to take care of it for you guys.

Just searched through my 2016-17 orders, couldn't find the order. Maybe I placed it, but it didn't go through. Weird. I was so sure I ordered football armour alongside a nude torso and nude body parts. Sorry. Maybe I'll place said order again in a couple weeks. I did place an order for boxing gloves and a punching bag this month (Feb 2017) or last month (Jan 2017) that hasn't come yet.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Have you gotten to 17/Jan/2017 orders yet? I ordered boxing gloves and a punching bag that day. I may have also ordered a body earlier that month as well. Check Your orders for 2nd Jan, when I ordered the body, and I ordered legs on 24/Jan/2017

Last edited: