Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I sorted the orders for ALL of July into one parts list earlier, and it isn't even as long as the list for WEs 6-20, & 6-27 that I'm working on right now. So even IF I don't finish WEs 6-20&6-27 by this weekend which I am still planning on doing, but just saying IF I don't I'll still be done through the end of July by the end of this month. So finishing August by October 17th is definitely happening.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys it's Freebie Friday again, don't forget that it's now any head of your choice for every $15 you spend. This opens up the higher dollar value heads to this deal. Also as I posted Sunday this week is Freebie Friday everyday, so today you can get TWO free heads for every $15 you spend.
Now for the bad news, so far this week I've only had about $200 come in, so I need some orders today, and tomorrow to make it to $500 which I told you guys last week is the ultimatum my wife gave me for weekly income. I'll be finishing up the orders for June tomorrow, or Sunday, and then starting the orders for all of July on Sunday/Monday. So by the end of next week beginning of the following week I'll be working on August's orders. Yes that's right I'm actually about a week ahead of the schedule I posted on the second. The original plan didn't have me starting August until October, and here it's looking like I'll be starting August in the last week of September. So please get those orders in so that I can keep going at this pace.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok, so as I posted last night I need about 10 more orders of $25, or more to hit my $500 for this week. So from now to midnight IN ADDITION to the already existing deals any order of $25, or more gets to pick an additional $15 worth of freebie of any kind.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
NEW FREEBIE FRIDAY!!!!!!!
With the vast variety of items in my store it's kind of unfair to limit you guys to JUST free heads. SO the NEW Freebie Friday deal is 1 item of $10 or less for every $15 you spend.
Also don't forget that this week you get 1 free figure kit for every $50 you spend.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys don't forget that today you can go back through the week, and grab which ever deal you missed from any of the days, and this week you get a free figure kit, or up to $25 in free items for every $50 you spend. Also don't forget that every $50 you spend gets you a treasure chest w/ a free random head in it, and IF that random head is cast in gold you get a free $20 order.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
You guys are all pretty familiar w/ Kickstarters, and how they work right? You set a certain set of goals, and once those goals are met it unlocks something special for everyone who purchased at X level of the tier of goals. So let's see how this works out for orders. This week as with every week the main goal is $500 by midnight on Saturday. We were just $50 short of that last week. So here's the ladder.
once I get to $100:
any order of $25, or more can choose 1 item of $10, or less for free.
once I get to $250:
any order of $50 or more can pick a list of parts up to 5 items worth a total of up to $20 for free on top of the 1 $10 item that they got at the $100 level.
once I hit $400:
any order of $75 or more gets a free figure kit in addition to the first 2 levels.
once I hit $500:
Every order of $10 or more gets 3 free heads, and the higher dollar orders ($25-$75) get to pick an additional item of $20, or less.
If I hit $700 I'll close the store for the rest of the week to prevent me from increasing the back up, so I can keep on track with how I plan to finish getting caught back up by mid November. By mid October I will have every order through August 29th out.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
It's Friday! So w/ the new daily deals version of Freebie Friday today you get any 1 item up to $10 for free for every $15 you spend. Plus don't forget the "Crowd Funding Deal":

once I get to $100:
once I get to $250:
any order of $50 or more can pick a list of parts up to 5 items worth a total of up to $20 for free on top of the 1 $10 item that they got at the $100 level.
once I hit $400:
any order of $75 or more gets a free figure kit in addition to the first 2 levels.
once I hit $500:
Every order of $10 or more gets 3 free heads, and the higher dollar orders ($25-$75) get to pick an additional item of $20, or less.

So far we're at $134, so grab your friends, and get those orders in to unlock the deals at each level.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok, so we made it to $415 last week, so that's enough to pay the rent, and I think that'll keep the boss off my back for now. LOL
So I'm gonna try running the Kickstarter deal again this week, and hopefully you guys will grab your buddies, and get the orders in so you can unlock the deals. The OTHER thing going on starting this week is that I've filled one of the Chained chests up with some random weapons, and jackets, and some other cool items (about 10-15 items total), so any order of $50, or more in addition to having a chance at getting a gold cast head in your treasure chest worth a free $20 order will also be entered into a drawing that I'll pull a name from at the end of this month, and I'll post the winner on November 1st.
So here's a reminder of the Kickstarter deals:
once I get to $100:
once I get to $250:
once I hit $400:
once I hit $500:
Grab your friends, get your deals, and your chance to win what this box is full of.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
This week we're going to go with an oldie, but goodie for the weekly deal. It's the build a figure deal, at each $10 level that your order hits you get to add another set of parts for your free figure. So.....
At $10
You get a free head
At $20
You get a free set of hands, and feet
At $30
You get a free set of arms
At $40
You get a free set of legs
At $50
You get a free torso
At $60
You get a free accessory
Then you start back over w/ $70 acting like $10, so if you spend $120 you get 2 free figure kits.
The first time I tried this I dug myself into a hole because I didn't have the number of molds I needed to take care of things quickly enough, but now I have 2 molds of all of the arms, and legs, and joints, and of most of the torsos, so it shouldn't be an issue this go around.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys, don't forget that w/ the new deals today is Military Monday, SO any order of $40, or more gets you a free army builder figure, but that's not all, with this week's deal in play if you hit $60 you get all of the parts you need to make a second free figure, and if you hit $120 you get a third free figure. Add in the fact that the army builder figure kits are $25, and that means that for $120 instead of 5 army builder figures you could rack up 8 of them.
Also don't forget that at $50 you get entered to win that big box of goodies, AND every $50 gets you a small treasure chest w/ the chance of it having a gold cast item inside, which gives you a free $20 order.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
It's Torso Tuesday, so today you have a chance to kind of cheat the deal a little bit. Today you get a free torso for every $30 you spend, SO since in the weekly deal this week you get the torso unlocked at $50 this means that you can get your whole free figure head, arms, legs, hands, feet, and torso once you hit $40. Today only since you have the chance to cheat the deal a little bit I'm lowering the free accessory that comes w/ the figure to $50, so for every $50 you spend you get a whole free figure including the accessory, but this is only for partnering with the Torso Tuesday promotion.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Mine was never sent or recieved. Ordered 2 full female bodies with arms/hands/legs/feet on 27/July I believe it was. Even made a note of it on page 111 of this very thread.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Pmed you, yours was one of those 2 orders. It would have gone out last week, but when I was about to send it I realized that there was a problem w/ the legs, so I'm remaking them. Should be out in the next 2 days.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Alright guys it's Thursday again, so you all know what that means, it's 3XL Thursday, so any order of $30, or more gets up to 3 items of $10, or less for free, but w/ this week's deal you get a free set of arms, and legs of your choice for every $20 you spend too.

Also IF you spend $50, or more you get entered into a drawing for this chest full of goodies.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok, so we've got the new Freebie Friday deal going, so you get 1 free item of $10 or less for every $15 you spend. So at $15 you get one $10 free item, at $30 you get a 2nd free $10 items, at $45 you get 3rd free $10 items, and so on. Don't forget that you also get a free set of arms, and legs for every $20 you spend, AND if you spend $50, or more you'll get entered in the raffle for the treasure chest full of goodies (including a code for a free $30 order), and get a small treasure chest w/ a random head that if you get the gold cast one you get a free $20 order.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok, so it's Swap Out Saturday again. Your chance to go back, and grab any of the weekly deals that you missed because payday isn't until Friday. So go ahead, and grab you free army build for Military Monday if you spend $40, or more, or your free torso from Torso Tuesday for every $30 you spend, or your free piece of attire for every $15 you spend from Wardrobe Wednesday, or your 3 $10, or less items for any order of $30 or more for 3XL Thursday, or of course your free $10 or less item for every $15 you spend for Freebie Friday.
Also don't forget that spending $50 gets you a small treasure chest with a random free head in it that if it's a gold colored cast you get a free $20 order, AND any order of $50, or more gets you entered to win the big treasure chest full of goodies, and code for a free $30 order.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
This worked out good again last week, and like I said last Sunday if it worked out really well I'd run it again. So I'm gonna give it another go around. It's the build a figure deal, at each $10 level that your order hits you get to add another set of parts for your free figure. So.....
At $10
You get a free head
At $20
At $30
At $40
At $50
You get a free torso
At $60
You get a free accessory
Then you start back over w/ $70 acting like $10, so if you spend $120 you get 2 free figure kits.
The first time I tried this I dug myself into a hole because I didn't have the number of molds I needed to take care of things quickly enough, but now I have 2 molds of all of the arms, and legs, and joints, and of most of the torsos, so it shouldn't be an issue this go around.
IF it works really good again, I might just make this the weekly deal going forward.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I was asked what this week's deal is, and honestly after dealing with trying to get my internet working properly yesterday to no avail, and then replacing the router today, only to have the phone service not be activated until after the 4th call to Comcast. I kind of had forgotten to come up with one. So here it is:
up to 5 items of up to $25 total for every $50 you spend. Kind of a buy 2 get 1 free type of deal. The total of the 5 items can't be more than $25, I mean if it goes over by a dollar eh what ever, but don't try stretch that to $5 over.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Well it's Torso Tuesday again, so don't forget to pick a free torso for every $30 you spend.
Also I just noticed something interesting on my store page. I'm at 1,980 sales so I'm only 20 orders away from hitting 2,000. It's hard to believe that I haven't even been open for 4 years quite yet, and I'm already about to hit the 2,000th order mark. So to celebrate this momentous occasion the next 20 orders get to pick 1 free head of $5 or less so long as you spend at least $10, and the 2,000th order so long as it is $30, or more will get to pick $20 worth of items for free. All orders from now until I hit the 2,000 mark will have a number on them from 1981, on up to 2000. Back in March we hit the 1,500 mark, and here we are 8 months later about to hit the 2,000 mark. Can we hit 2500 by March?

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
The pieces arrived. Got most of the bodies together just fine. However, I couldn't get the torsos to connect, no peg holes were present and the pegs were too long.Dremmeled and ended up ruining them. Just ordered a new torso.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Dennis- was it you that offered a special for customer's birthdays? Mine is coming up next week. ��

Yep, you get $20 worth of items free with any order of $30, or more. So basically you're getting $50 worth of items for $30.

The pieces arrived. Got most of the bodies together just fine. However, I couldn't get the torsos to connect, no peg holes were present and the pegs were too long.Dremmeled and ended up ruining them. Just ordered a new torso.

Hmm I thought I had fixed those, but I've got you on this next one. Though you didn't order another torso you ordered 2 sets of arms, but I've just added a Fem torso 20 to that order for you.

Last edited:

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Check the October 27 orders. I think I ordered the Torso then. That's what's showing up on my paypal acct. Thanks for the torso, though.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok, I ran a deal last week where you guy could pick out up to 5 items totaling up to $25 in addition to every $50 worth of items you bought. So for every $50 you spent you could have gotten $75 worth of items, and NOT ONE SINGLE person took advantage of this deal. In fact no one spent enough to take advantage of this deal. I'm really trying hard to stay up beat, and keep doing this, but when my weekly rent payment is $360, and I have a week where I only bring in $230 it's VERY hard to try to stay up beat, and keep trying to keep you guys supplied with parts.
Since the beginning of September I've done, and sent out the orders from June through August, and as of Monday every order through the 12th of September will be out. That's roughly $800-$1000 worth of items that have been leaving my house every week since the beginning of September. I need you guys to help me be able to keep doing this. I need you guys to get those orders in.
I'm going to run the build a figure deal this week, like I did the 2 weeks before last week, and MAYBE that will turn things back around.
Here's the build a figure deal again:
At $10
You get a free head
At $20
At $30
At $40
At $50
You get a free torso
At $60
You get a free accessory

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
My plan is to place one big order this month instead of two smaller orders like I did in September. I'd like to help you out more but I'm still trying to recover from the move.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Haha I know that feeling. We moved here 2 1/2 years ago, and I STILL find that I'll be looking for something, and it's still packed away in a box down in the basement. Be it a movie, a game, a figure, whatever.

I think with your love of the Army builder figure kits tomorrow is going to be the day you want to order.

Alright so today is Tuesday, so it's Torso Tuesday, and you get 1 free torso for every $30 you spend.
Tomorrow is Wednesday, and usually on Wednesday I draw a card to decide what the deal will be. Well tomorrow is also Veteran's Day, and that requires a more special deal. So tomorrow's deal will be buy 2 get 1 free on the army builder kit. Your choice of head, and "average Joe" style torso combined w/ the military arms, legs, articulated hands, and feet.

I sent your desert crew out yesterday, and I'm working on your Cobra troopers right now. All of the torsos, and the joints are made, just gotta give the joints a couple of days to shore up, so I can cast the arms, and legs around them.

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
I think with your love of the Army builder figure kits tomorrow is going to be the day you want to order.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, and usually on Wednesday I draw a card to decide what the deal will be. Well tomorrow is also Veteran's Day, and that requires a more special deal. So tomorrow's deal will be buy 2 get 1 free on the army builder kit. Your choice of head, and "average Joe" style torso combined w/ the military arms, legs, articulated hands, and feet.

Right you are brother. Sending you a pm with a question.

CaliViper

Enlisted
Oct 22, 2014

I sent your desert crew out yesterday, and I'm working on your Cobra troopers right now. All of the torsos, and the joints are made, just gotta give the joints a couple of days to shore up, so I can cast the arms, and legs around them.

ack! i missed it. I guess the way the deal looked for yesterday was that if you order 2 and some other stuff up to $50 you could get 2 free builders as well.

I need to get female star soldiers. when is the best day to order?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I'm just gonna keep running the build a figure deal as my weekly deal going forward. It's been working fairly well, so I'm gonna run with it until it doesn't.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I could have sworn I posted this here.

Since Thanksgiving falls on the third Thursday in November why not 3XL Thursday everyday? So all this week any order of $30 or more (before shipping) gets up to 3 items worth up to $10 each. So spend $30 and get up to $60 worth of items (limit of one 3XL freebies (Non Thursday orders, you'll be able to grab it again on Thursday if you order $30 or more on Thursday too)
I've also been thinking about what everyone thinks of when they think Thanksgiving. Two things usually come to mind Turkey, and Football. So since I don't have a mold of Turkey, and I do have one of a 1:18 scale football I'll be throwing one of those in with every order of $10 or more (before shipping).

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Cyber Monday
Hey guys even though the 3XL Thanksgiving special is over the Black Friday through Cyber Monday special is still going on. This week's special is going to be Torso Tuesday everyday. So for every $30 you spend you get a free torso AS WELL AS the Black Friday to Cyber Monday specials through Monday night at midnight. 12 am EST Tuesday morning the Black Friday through Cyber Monday sale ends.
Here's a quick reminder of the Black Friday Special:
This weekend only buy 2 custom figure kits, and get a third one of equal or lesser value free. So you can get the Big Boss kit, the Fur Ball kit, and then get any 1 of the build a figures, or suited figures for free, or you can get 3 of the suited figures, or 3 of the build a figures. What you CAN NOT do is order 2 of the suited figures, and ask for a build a figure, or Furball kit, or Big Boss kit for free. The free one has to be the same value as either one of the 2 you paid for or less.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Well it's Sunday again, so it's time for the new weekly deal, and I'm going with one that is tried, and true. It usually works out pretty good, and that's what I REALLY need right now. This week's deal is the Build A Figure Deal
@ $10 you get the head
@ $20 you get the hands, and feet
@ $30 you get the torso
@ $40 you get the arms
@ $50 you get the legs
@ $60 it starts all over so every $50 you spend gets you a free figure. This could allow you to build some squads fairly quickly as it's basically a buy 2 get 1 free for figure kits.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Did you ever get around to doing the October orders?

The orders for the first 2 weeks are all either out, or in the ready to ship box, my wife will get them packed today, and they'll be out tomorrow. I'm working on the last 3 weeks of October right now.

Since it seems to be a well liked deal, I'm going to keep the build a figure deal going. So from now on in addition to the daily specials you guys can use the build a figure deal every week going forward. Here's a reminder of how it works:

Please keep in mind that all amounts are before shipping:

@ $10 you get the head
@ $20 you get the hands, and feet
@ $30 you get the torso
@ $40 you get the arms
@ $50 you get the legs
@ $60 it starts all over so every $50 you spend gets you a free figure. This could allow you to build some squads fairly quickly as it's basically a buy 2 get 1 free for figure kits.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Guys, I need some orders. Right now I'm at $123 for the week, after having to order $140 (including shipping) in materials on Monday, and I'm out of money on my credit card that I've been using to pay for the shipping due to not having enough money come in each week to pay the rent, materials, and shipping. I've been telling you guys since September that I need $500 a week coming in so that I can pay for everything involved with running the business (materials, and shipping mostly), and pay the rent, but week, after week I'm lucky if every penny that comes in (including the money that should be going to shipping) adds up to just barely enough to pay the rent. I currently have orders that are ready to go out, but I only have $1.13 in my stamps.com account, and $5.13 on the card that I have connected to it. I've been working hard to get all of the orders done, and out, and to keep you guys supplied with the best custom cast parts around. Unfortunately I can't just tap into an unlimited funding source. I understand that you all have bills to pay, and so do I. I just find it hard to believe that with the selection, and the variability that I offer (with custom colors on request) I can't get 10 $50 orders, or 20 $25 orders a week.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Here's a little heads up. I'll be done w/ all of the orders through the end of October in the next day, or so. So, all remaining orders from the last 3 weeks of October that didn't order assembled figures will be out on Monday, and the orders that ordered assembled figures will be out Wednesday.

Last edited: