Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, I'm aware of their feeble attempts. Even some of the vintage Secret Wars t-shirts have recently had XM and FF characters replaced with C-list avengers, presumably for the same reason.

Still, it's not like the world is going to suddenly forget the X-Men, and the movie license isn't going to become so worthless that Fox gives it back, just because Ike yanked a few t-shirt and statue licenses. All of those things are a drop in the bucket next to the film money which Fox is keenly aware of.

None of Marvel's pissing around is going to change the value of the franchises to Fox. Marvel is the one losing money by putting the kibosh on the comics and merch licensing, but it won't affect ticket sales in the slightest. It's small. It's petty. And it's ultimately meaningless to anyone but fans who like these characters.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Which is why it REALLY sucks. It's not hurting Marvel really, and it isn't really hurting Fox. The only real losers in all of this is the fans.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Today only 3 free $3 heads for every $10 you spend. The only stipulation is that they have to be flesh color, and this replaces the regular Freebie Friday this week.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Still hoping to end this week stronger today you can choose to have a second of any 2 items that you order worth up to $10 each. So if you order a cape for $10 you can ask for a second one of that cape in your choice of color. If you order a set of legs, you can have a second set of legs, and so on, and so forth. So get your $40 worth of items for $20 today.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Been thinkin of makin a new series of customs for the Joes. Ol Blue eyes and the Rat Pack entertain the troops. Do you have any heads that resemble Sinatra and company?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Been thinkin of makin a new series of customs for the Joes. Ol Blue eyes and the Rat Pack entertain the troops. Do you have any heads that resemble Sinatra and company?

I honestly have no idea. The best I could tell you is to take a pic of the person you want to make, and open a new window for it. Then take your main web browser window out of full screen mode, and shrink it down some so that you can see the photo of the person you're trying to make. Then go through the library of heads, and see if you can find one that looks close, and write the number down. Once you find one, or two that look close enlarge them, and see which one looks the closest.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
From now until midnight tomorrow any order of $50 or more gets a free figure kit with their choice of parts. If your order goes over $100 I'll assemble that figure for you.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok, so it's the start of yet another week, and this coming weekend is Father's Day, so since my free figure kit for orders of $50, or more deal turned out to be a bust, I asked my wife what she thought I should do for a sale. She told me that I should let you guys pick $10 of free items for every $30 you spend. So if you spend $30 you get $10 worth of items free, if you spend $60 you get $20 worth free, if you spend $90 you get $30 worth of items free, and so on.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Anyone need a little bit of magic?

Magic effects

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
All orders through WE 3-28 are out as of 6-15, and most of if not all of the orders for WE 4-4 will be out today, or tomorrow (6-18/6-19). WE 4-11 should be out by Tuesday, or Wednesday of next week

Ok so this week you get $10 of free items for every $30 you spend, so add that to the regular 3XL Thursday special of up to 3 free items of $10, or less for any order of $30, or more, and at $30 you get $40 of free items (or in other words $70 worth of items for $30), at $60 you get $50 of free items (or in other words $110 worth of items for $60), at $90 you get $60 of free items (or in other words $150 worth of items for $90)

So here's a break down showing you guys exactly how it works:

@ $30
You spend $30
weekly deal of $10 for every $30
3XL Thursday deal of up to 3 items of $10 each free about $30
So that's up to $40 in free items you can add to your order for spending $30, so you get up to $70 worth of items for the first $30 you spend.

@ $60
You spend $60
weekly deal of $10 for every $30= $20
So that's up to $50 in free items you can add to your order for spending $60, so you get up to $110 worth of items for just $60

@ $90
You spend $90
weekly deal of $10 for every $30= $30
So that's up to $60 in free items you can add to your order for spending $60, so you get up to $150 worth of items for just $90

And so on as you add another $30 to your total.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Here's some new items that I've had the molds for in my library since October. Back in October Tony Carrillo messaged me about copying a set of cannons for his custom HEAT Viper HISS tanks. So he, and I collaborated on some mods to his original design to create the cannons that those of you who got his 5 custom HEAT Viper tanks have on your tanks. I had designed the holo screen for this project too, but he didn't think they needed it. He told me I could put them in the store sooner, but I wanted to make sure that the plastics would really hold up to the stresses put on the parts of the cannons, and to date I am satisfied that they will hold up especially when cast in my newer joint plastic.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
No one took advantage of that deal yesterday, but I figure it's probably because most of you don't get paid until Friday. So I've decided to continue that deal from yesterday through today.

Here's a recap:
Ok so this week you get $10 of free items for every $30 you spend, so add that to the regular 3XL Thursday special of up to 3 free items of $10, or less for any order of $30, or more, and at $30 you get $40 of free items (or in other words $70 worth of items for $30), at $60 you get $50 of free items (or in other words $110 worth of items for $60), at $90 you get $60 of free items (or in other words $150 worth of items for $90)

@ $30
You spend $30
weekly deal of $10 for every $30
So that's up to $40 in free items you can add to your order for spending $30, so you get up to $70 worth of items for the first $30 you spend.

@ $60
You spend $60
weekly deal of $10 for every $30= $20
So that's up to $50 in free items you can add to your order for spending $60, so you get up to $110 worth of items for just $60

@ $90
You spend $90
weekly deal of $10 for every $30= $30
So that's up to $60 in free items you can add to your order for spending $60, so you get up to $150 worth of items for just $90

And so on as you add another $30 to your total.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys little update:

I've been working on sorting the parts list out for WE 4-25 between loads, and I plan on starting on that tomorrow that very last of the orders for WE 4-11 though finished on Monday didn't get sent out by my wife until yesterday. I'll be finishing up WE 4-18 between tomorrow, and Saturday.

Blue_Knight

Enlisted
Feb 19, 2012
NC
Hey Vortious,

Been checking out your site, and can you recommend a good set of replacement hands for the Dreadnok figure Zanzibar. The one I have has two left hands, so I thought I would replace them both with something new and different, but judging the size through pictures is a little difficult. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey Vortious,

Been checking out your site, and can you recommend a good set of replacement hands for the Dreadnok figure Zanzibar. The one I have has two left hands, so I thought I would replace them both with something new and different, but judging the size through pictures is a little difficult. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

The articulated wrist hands are probably the best Joe sized hands I have.

articulated wrist hands

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
I just placed an order for two more bodies. How do you get bodies apart when crazy glued without breaking them? Need to replace a snapped leg peg. It decided to give out today when I put on a new leg. I've gotten the hang of getting the leg holes dremmeled so they fit the pegs.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I just placed an order for two more bodies. How do you get bodies apart when crazy glued without breaking them? Need to replace a snapped leg peg. It decided to give out today when I put on a new leg. I've gotten the hang of getting the leg holes dremmeled so they fit the pegs.

Sorry I'm just now replying I replaced my computer, and had trouble remembering my password. LOL

Sadly the only way to replace the T bar is to soak the torso in hpt water, and then carefully split it w/ an Xacto knife, but What I'll do is I'll send you a replacement lower torso of which ever one it is you need replaced. Just let me know via Pm, and I'll just add it onto your invoice as $0.

CobraOfficer999

Junkion Astronomer
Jun 30, 2014
Does your championshhip belt come in just a generalised cast, or can people request a specific championship (Women's, Men's, Heavyweight, etc) be cast?

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Does your championshhip belt come in just a generalised cast, or can people request a specific championship (Women's, Men's, Heavyweight, etc) be cast?

It is only that one. It is the Heavy Weight championship belt though. It's the only one they made in 4" scale.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Id be willing to shrink the bigger woman's version of you have it Dennis! lol! That'd be cool Cobraofficer999! woman's tag team!!

Anyways,Vortious Exclusives! Bagged up,shipping Monday!

So glad to be able to give a little back to the mentor that's tought me so much!! All this wouldn't be possible with out my man Vortious!! You the man bro!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I know my kids have several of the bigger belts since my wife's mom got her brother allot of wrestlers over the course of a couple of years, and they decided this past Christmas that they're too old for them since they're going into High School this year. So I'll look, and see what belts they have.

I'm really looking forward to some of those heads for myself. LOL

Here's this week's special:
This week's deal is one free figure kit of your choice for any order of $60, or more. So if you order $60 worth of items just list the figure kit parts you want in the notes.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys don't forget that this week's special is a free figure kit of your choice for any order of $60, or more, and with today being 3XL Thursday you get up to $30 worth of free items of your choice for any order of $30 or more.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys don't forget just one more day left for the free figure kit of your choice on any order of $60, or more. It ends tonight at midnight.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
This week's special is buy 2 get one (of equal, or lesser value) free. So buy 2 heads get one free, buy 2 figure kits get one free, buy 2 accessories get one free. Just let me know which items you want for free in the notes.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Also you only have this week, and next week to put your orders in for guaranteed delivery by October 17th so you'll have time to get your Halloween customs done.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Today is Saturday, and Super Saturday's deal is a free super power effect for every $30 you spend. However I'm bringing Freebie Friday in on it too. SO today you get 1 free $5 or less head for every $10, 1 free head regardless of price for every $30, 1 free torso fro every $30, and one free super power effect for every $30. Today is ALSO the last day that I'll guarantee shipping by 10-17 so long as I can keep the orders rolling in.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok new week, new deal. This week's deal is 1 free full figure kit for every $50 you spend. SO if you order $100 worth of items you get 2 figure kits with your choice of parts FOR FREE! Just list what you want in the notes section during check out.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ok, so I THINK I have this 3D printing thing figured out for the most part. SO I'm going to do a 10 customer TRIAL RUN of the GI You program. It's going to be $20, and for that $20 you will get a 3D printed, and then smoothed, molded, AND cast (in my signature resin) head based on the 2 photos that you provide. The photos will need to be serious looking PASS PORT style photos of both the front, and right side of your face (the left did not work when I tried it for my son), or else it won't work. The image below gives you an idea of what you'll need to provide.

Here's the link to the listing in the store:GI You program (TRIAL RUN)

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
So I've been going over my daily deals, and trying to see which ones are being used, and which ones aren't. So as I looked over them 2 of the days are really, really used; Freebie Friday, and 3XL Thursday. The next most used is Torso Tuesday followed a long way back by Weapons Wednesday. Mighty Monday, and Super Saturday aren't hardly used at all. So I've decided that I'm going to change it up some. Going forward here's what the new Daily Deals are going to be (I'll make a graphic for it for my banner later)
Military Mondays: One free Army builder figure for any purchase of $40 or more.
Torso Tuesdays: 1 free torso for every $30 you spend
Wild Card Wednesdays: I'll have a set of cards w/ deals on them, and I'll shuffle them on video, and pick one I'll post it on Tuesday night so you all can see what the deal for Wednesday is
3XL Thursdays: up to 3 items totaling up to $30 for any order of $30 or more
Freebie Fridays: 1 free head of your choice for every $15 you spend (this opens up the higher dollar heads to this deal removing the $5 or less price cap for the freebies)
Swap out Saturdays: Say you wanted to take advantage of one of the deals earlier in the week, but you missed it because you didn't have the money on that day. On Saturday you can pick any one of the deals from any of the days earlier in the week, and use it on Saturday.
Sunday will still be the day when I post the new Deal of the Week.

As of right now all orders through WE 6-13 have shipped out, and I'm working on the orders for WE 6-20, and 6-27 right now. Should be done those by Saturday at the latest, and then I'll be working on WE 7-4, and 7-11, and so on through October 17th when I should be shipping out the orders for WEs 8-22, and 8-29. I'm planning on continuing to crank the orders our in 2 week intervals until I'm righ up on the orders that are coming in. So this 2-3 month wait will VERY soon be a thing of the past.