Walmart Wrangler Unlimited WIP

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Found this at Walmart for $15! Love the Wrangler Unlimited,and had to get it!!

Never worked on a vehicle this scale before,so it should be fun! Last vehicle I made was this 1:72 scale Hasegawa set(not my pic),and that was around 10years ago

I'm most happy with the interior space on this beast!

That's where this vehicle really shines! The dash is detailed! so are the seats,console. Very true to the real world vehicle.

The body needs very little work to be good enough for my needs. The most serious problem with it is the painted black section for a windshield.

That cut out fairly easy. The rear door corner glass areas will need attention also. they're still solid plastic as well.

The ride height,and wheels are a HUGE issue on this truck. I have a 1:18 diecast Jeep Wrangler 2 door I'm going to attempt to slightly enlarge wheels from it,as well as the highmount rear brake light.

I say Attempt,because I've never tried to upsize anything,but a few heads. These are matched parts,so the gotta fit eachother after this too!

Rideheight is the easiest thing to fix on a steel axle toy. I'll fix that when I get the wheel issue handled. If I fail I'll just buy the Bruder Unlimited,and shrink its wheels,lol.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Hell no! That would be too F1:18th! lol. Civilianize it,make it look like a stock Unlimited. havent decided on a color yet tho. I'm torn between dark blue,and dark hunter green. I'm sure they'll pop up on Hisstank in dark blue with red cobra emblems tho:trollface:

And I'm sold, I need to go find one, slap a .50 on the back and call it a day, lol

There's enough room on the rollcage to mount one like a Humvee. There's a NBS Silverado,Ram,and F-150 in the line too! I haven't found the Silverado yet tho. I live in redneck land tho,so it's understandable:trollface:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
This is the ride height&wheel size I'm going after on this Jeep. Im using the spare tire cover off of the back to use as a guide for the wheel&tire.

The actor that plays Thor is 6'3". The actor that plays Loki is 6'2" ...Loki is about the same height of a DG cobra trooper. A Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon is about 6' high. I'd say that makes my custom bombstrike about 5'7"....:trollface:

I'm loving this jeep tho. I almost want multiples to work with later.