What brand and color of paint...

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
... is a good match for Iceberg's blue, and then I also need to match the blue on Wetsuit for his mask?

I would try and mix and match the colors myself, but I'm hoping to see if anyone already knows a good paint or mixture that achieves these colors, as I don't want to waste a lot of paint trying to match these colors.

Thanks!

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I'd check Citadel or Vallejo first. They seem to have the widest variety if you're not interested in mixing.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'd check Citadel or Vallejo first. They seem to have the widest variety if you're not interested in mixing.

Yeah, Model Masters has plenty of darker colors, but doesn't have a wide selection of brighter ones. I know of at least one place around here that sells Vallejo. I'll have to go check them out.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
^Yeah, that's what I believe I'll end up having to do. I hate color-matching.

If only Hasbro would sell paint colors used on their figures for touch-up...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think it would be fairly easy to redesign the back screw....back...into the upper torso.

And i would kill to be able to buy the formulation of paint Hasbro uses. That lovely, lead-based bullet-proof paint.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
AND go back to the back screw...

That would be nice!

I think it would be fairly easy to redesign the back screw....back...into the upper torso.

And i would kill to be able to buy the formulation of paint Hasbro uses. That lovely, lead-based bullet-proof paint.

Haha... Yeah, it makes me wonder if I'm going to get cancer when I'm dremeling a figure and start to smell the plastic...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The only paint i've seen more durable than toy paint was the government surplus red primer i took off the '48.

Lead-based and tough as hell