What Might Have Been Or What Could Be....

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I was going through my Photo bucket and found these. I thought I would post them here and please check out the post in the Small Scale Forum.

A lot of insight on this long wanted project.

The A-10.

http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29155

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
So sad. That dick, Jack needs to be struck down by a flaming meteor from outer space. He's definitely earned enough bad karma for it...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Seriously pickle, you are being an awful big mean tease as of late :(

There's not a single thing in 1:18 I want more than an A-10 (aside from Devastator)

Salt, meet wound

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Such a sad and sordid tale. Looks like All-Go may be kaput, too. Their Go-Daddy site expired. Got to admit, however, that I'm still more bummed about the the M551 and the PBR than about the A-10.

Perhaps a Kickstarter campaign is in order?

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
This would probably be the biggest ticket item in the 1/18th world.

If the Horten took my a year to do then this would probably double that.

So having said that. The only way to get this done is 3D printing.

My 3 D printing guys have given me a price tag of around $2,000 !!

With about $1,000 worth of RTV the start up price would be about $3,000.

But within a month the 3D prototype can be made. If I were to do it from scratch I would say at least 6 months of hands on work.

These are real numbers.

So the price of an UNBUILT UNIT .

Will hover around $500.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I am amazed at how a company sat on this knowing full well that the community wanted it and would have spent beau coup dolla on it but they continued to do nothing with it. The F-14 sold really well for it's high price point and repaints. Hell, even the repainted Blackhawk and HIGHER price point sold some.

This would have bought a company back from extinction.

very sad indeed.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I like to think I have my limits, but I wonder how much I really woulda been willing to pay had that thing ever happened...

birddog

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 23, 2011
Found these pictures below on another forum a while bak of a 1/18 scale A-10 someone had commissioned. Gives a good reference to what its size would be though.

birddog

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 23, 2011
I smell a good investment for my money to help get our hobby a new subject.........:):)

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Forgive me as I don't if this relates or not, but didn't someone somehow get the parts of the 21st proto and was developing it before AG. I remember it was a guy down in Southfield, MI and he sort left a whole bunch of people high and dry on a couple projects when he got a salary job at Chrystler.

This was another vehicle I wanted to produce a 3d model of but I don't have 3D printer guys, I only have Shapeways and it would have cost me a 9 figures (money, not joes)

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Forgive me as I don't if this relates or not, but didn't someone somehow get the parts of the 21st proto and was developing it before AG. I remember it was a guy down in Southfield, MI and he sort left a whole bunch of people high and dry on a couple projects when he got a salary job at Chrystler.

This was another vehicle I wanted to produce a 3d model of but I don't have 3D printer guys, I only have Shapeways and it would have cost me a 9 figures (money, not joes)

That was Jack at Skyworks. All-Go is/was 21st Century in all but name.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans

Click on the Small Scale post at the start of this thread.

Right before the pics.

You will get the low down.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Click on the Small Scale post at the start of this thread.

Right before the pics.

You will get the low down.

Hmmm...

GI Eddie. You feel like a little B&E to get this project off the ground? That's breaking and entering BTW.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I'm sure there will be a Leverage marathon on TNT tonight. I watch it to see if I get any ideas and get back to you guys in the morning.