what would be the best S.O.A.R. (A) helmet

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
so what do you guys think? I'm gonna get a few little birds(PTE, not bbi) and airbrush them(so they look better than bbi, haha in your face!!!), but I want some S.O.A.R. guys to fly them. I'll use ourwar figures for the base, and come up with some gear, but I'm not sure about what to use for the helmet, as there is nothing very close. I obviously can't get a perfect rendering, but I'll go for as close as I can. The closest I can think of would be the paraviper helmet, but if there is a better option please let me know :)

thanks!

btw, heres a link to hot toys 1/6th S.O.A.R. which has good pics of the helmet

http://www.thetoyfederation.com/product.php?productid=20942

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Bbi pilots come with pretty close helmets.

in your face!

Lunchbox

No Bucks No Buck Rogers
Mar 14, 2011
Kansas
Chopper Harris FTW!

FACE!

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Bbi pilots come with pretty close helmets.

in your face!

too bad they are more dough than the helo though(only saw one on ebay, $18 plus shipping, although usually the figure is like 14 plus shipping):rolleyes: I forgot to mention $ will be an issue on this, as I want 6 to 8 little birds all piloted up. Any places I haven't looked got them cheaper?

may talk to aly abut getting a few of these(thibk its the bbi helm), or I may just cast my own
http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=521

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
too bad they are more dough than the helo though(only saw one on ebay, $18 plus shipping, although usually the figure is like 14 plus shipping):rolleyes: I forgot to mention $ will be an issue on this, as I want 6 to 8 little birds all piloted up. Any places I haven't looked got them cheaper?

may talk to aly abut getting a few of these(thibk its the bbi helm), or I may just cast my own
http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=521

Then telling you to sack up and buy an MH-6 is out of order. You're not gonna get 12-16 chopper crewmen helmeted for cheap. I think that may be a casting of the 21st Huey crew helmet. Don't think I've ever seen a Bbi helmet than actually ran mic lines. That was a 21st thing. May be an original sculpt. That thing is never in stock, anyhow.

shame on you! :D

He's fairly uncommon and always expensive, and the only thing on him I'd use is the helmet, so he's easily forgettable. ;) :D

Lunchbox

No Bucks No Buck Rogers
Mar 14, 2011
Kansas
He's fairly uncommon and always expensive, and the only thing on him I'd use is the helmet, so he's easily forgettable. ;) :D

true i did find 2 of him i completely forgot about when i was going thru my figures the other day. i must have bought them like 6 months ago and threw them in my fodder bin. i have like 5 of him now. and you are right about that helmet it has to be a 21st recast cuz of the mic and wire. i was looking at my huey pilot just yesterday and thats almost exactly what it looks like.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Then telling you to sack up and buy an MH-6 is out of order. You're not gonna get 12-16 chopper crewmen helmeted for cheap. I think that may be a casting of the 21st Huey crew helmet. Don't think I've ever seen a Bbi helmet than actually ran mic lines. That was a 21st thing. May be an original sculpt. That thing is never in stock, anyhow.

Good idea with the huey pilot! I think I know where my huey is, and the pilot should be with it, so I may try that. Or I may just cast the bbi black hawk pilot helmet, I got some thinking to do :) I hate thinking...

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Not sure if any will work, but if any of these suit ya. There yours. Just PM me an addy. All would need modded to fit your needs but if ya want to and want to cast one....
Helmets from left.
1 - Not sure where it came from but i chopped something off of the top of it.
2 - Dremilled it off a generic figures head
3 - Wild Bill's

edit - I think that 1st one is Chopper Harris helmet minus the lens thing.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The white one looks like Chopper Harris's with the NVG mount hacked off.

Wish that thing was being cast.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Not sure if any will work, but if any of these suit ya. There yours. Just PM me an addy. All would need modded to fit your needs but if ya want to and want to cast one....
Helmets from left.
1 - Not sure where it came from but i chopped something off of the top of it.
2 - Dremilled it off a generic figures head
3 - Wild Bill's

edit - I think that 1st one is Chopper Harris helmet minus the lens thing.

If you have no need for the one on the left I'll take that off your hands. I haven't done casting before, but I think I can do it. If it works out I can send ya a few ;)