when the hot water doesn't work...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
what do you fucking do?! I just got a box full of 21st century Imperial Japanese to face my U.S. Marines and they've got stiff fucking joints. The hot water treatment isn't working worth a damn either and if I try to force them I know for a fact that they will snap off and break thereby wasting my time and money. Please help.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, freeze them. It'll harden the pegs so they don't shear off as easily.

At least that's what i did to the ones i opened. Pretty poor figures.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
ok, do I just stick them in a freezer or something?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, just stick them in the freezer for 20 minutes or so.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
ok cool thanks. Someone on the site should make a tutorial about this stuff, breaking new toys sucks.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
The freezer isn't working on a couple of them. I've tried the hot water, I've put them in the freezer, and I've put the hair dryer to them. What the fuck is it going to take to get these leg joints loose?!

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I'd say alcohol or paint thinner if you think it's a paint wash making them stick, but then I'd fear the plastic drying out and becoming even more brittle. That just sucks.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I just have no idea what to do anymore. I'm not sure if it's a paint wash thing or if it's because they jabbed a peg into a hole that was too small for it. Like a big black dick to a petite teenage virgins ass with no lube. No wonders 21st went out of business and good riddance. This is the last batch of figures I buy with their logo on the box. Their just too much trouble.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Ok. I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm going to have to break them, dig the joint pegs out of the socket holes and replace the pegs on their limbs with screws like I have with a few past figures. These action figures should never have made it off the production line, Instead they released figures with no uniformity in their joints and sockets resulting in about half of them having limbs that are unable to move. They couldn't make socket holes big enough, or joint pegs that were small enough to be compatible. This causes way too much friction when you try to move their arms or legs thus halting their ability to move. Instead they made figures with no uniformity in their joints and sockets resulting in about half of them having limbs that are unable to move. Unless somebody has a marvelous trick up their sleeves I'm going to be doing some amputations.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Now you know why i stopped opening Imperial Marines after 3 and just harvested their accessories.

Terrible figures. It's a shame they're the only source of Japanese figures. among 21st's worst products.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Now you know why i stopped opening Imperial Marines after 3 and just harvested their accessories.

Terrible figures. It's a shame they're the only source of Japanese figures. among 21st's worst products.

yea, true that. no wonders there is such an abundance of them on the internet retailers. I was thinking about getting the market garden us paratroopers on Smalljoes that were about 25 dollars but after this I'm highly suspicious of them. I ain't getting any more.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Update! ok so I managed to get the last two figures legs to start moving with the use of a knife (there's a rape joke in that statement somewhere). No I did not amputate them and turn them into bionic commandos. I used the knife to carefully pry the leg away from crotch for a few minutes until finally it just decided to start moving correctly. in other words I torchered them into submission. I only have one limb left on one last figure to solve and unfortunately it's a right hand. I pulled it out of the arm socket last night and put it back in (which to an hour to do, that shit is hard to do!) and I think I may have torn the hands peg slightly, worse off it won't budge in the arm socket. If there's nothing I can do about it then I shall just make that guy have the useless ass knee mortar and let somebody else use his gun.

EDIT: Never-mind! I used some hot water to get his hand responding correctly, that's all the figures, thanks the advice guys now I'm going to head out and get some sticky tack for the officer left arm because it snapped off in a really weird way, maybe I should take pictures of it.

Last edited:

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I know we have had this discussion before but GI's feared those worthless knee mortars.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Red, I didn't recognize your screen name for a second there. I wouldn't mind the knee mortar with this figure if all the figures came with it and I had about six of them, that way they could use it in mass (their kind of like tie fighters to me, useless by them self but in numbers some what effective). Also I would have liked for the figure to come with another weapon, a rifle, a machine gun, a pistol, a knife, SOMETHING! What's he going to do when his enemy gets close? Either way he'll die but I'd rather him die shooting or charging with a knife like a bad ass as oppose to just eating it like an idiot who forgot their sidearm. On top of that I'm not even sure how I'd pose the yellow bastard with it, these figures don't have the articulation or range of movement to properly display him using it like agent Helix would (mmmmmm, Helix, I can put her in all kinds of poses).

Last edited:

Lunchbox

No Bucks No Buck Rogers
Mar 14, 2011
Kansas
I usually feed them dinner at a nice restaurant and/or a few drinks at the local pub.:D

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I usually feed them dinner at a nice restaurant and/or a few drinks at the local pub.

Oh, are you talking about action figures?

:D

I seem to have a problem with both as of recently, the stuck up bitches! Why should I have facebook to get any kind of consideration for being a mate?! I'm going to start lying to them and say I do have a facebook even though I don't, just to get my foot in the door. Then when they get on their mobile device and can't find m profile I'll start making up excuses.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
After reading this, I'm not sure if I should get the 21st marines and japs. They are super cheap on ebay(6 japs for like $20) Are they worth the hassle?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
not really, that's why they're super cheap on Ebay.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
hmm...thats a bummer, I was really debating army building the japs. Glad I didn't buy any.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Japanese figures are just terrible. I'd really only scavenge accessories and try to make Joe-based IJMs and such.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Would they look fine as like background figures in a dio? Like have a bunch of marines charge at them, with them like 2 ft or so in the background?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They'd be fine as background, sure. I wouldn't want them front and center.

It reminds me, i need to open the rest of mine and liberate the parts.

Last edited:

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I just need the funds for the investment, don't wanna drop a couple hundred on the figures, but I could really use them...sigh... I don't think one or two sets would cut it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If you need regular Army Infantry they're the way to go.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I agree, I just want them for drivers for all my vehicles, use them for soar pilots, have figures hanging in/on my blackhawks juey and supercobra, and have them also riding the little birds. This hobby gets too expensive too fast...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd buy cheap Bbi pilots for the SC. Sometimes slapping a flight helmet on some dude in ACUs is the wrong thing to do.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Yeah, that one I was debating as for pilots. I was leaning towards the bbi seal pilot(the olive drab one). Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to get 2 pilots into it right?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Super Cobra? I got a pilot and gunner in it.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I just remember atleast on mine one of the canopypieces wouldn't open, or budge to the point that I thought it was designed that way :shrugs:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, ya kind of squeeze where it mates up to the fuselage.