who is going to the Canada joe con

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well, we're here. Going to go down to the early show in a bit. I'll try to update occasionally. They want you to pay for internet after hitting you for $100 a night here. God bless wi fi. I just have to move around and find the best signal. Weak.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
We'll be going to the show agin to tomorrow. Tonight was just to see what the dealers had.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Yea, it wasn't too bad honestly. The trip from PA to X's crib took twice as long. Nice drive though. Goes through some cool parts of the two states.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Here's some shots of the convention set. I should have a review up tomorrow hopefully.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I didn't but they did. That's a story I'll let the man himself tell if he wants. I've had a migraine all day so I had to relax. I could barely eat let alone gets tats in my face. :( I'll just wait until I get home for that. I can make $40 stretch for up to 3 hours there. :D

That set just got put up and is already that price. Just imagine what it will go to.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Three of those heads are Slayer head sculpts. Are they like super-customs, or done in a factory?

I think in years past they've used SDS heads as well. But I know for certain 3 of them are, and I have one of them. Weird that they could do that, but I guess if they're only 100 of them, it's within reason...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, here's 4 of the heads I know for certain. I actually own the Night Creeper leader head:

Red Dude, Row 1, Column 2
Brown Dudes, Row 2, Column 1-2
Black/blue dude, Row 2, Column 4
Teal/black dude, Row 2, column 3

And it looks like those brown snow guards are using a PTE vest, or something similar. They're not Hasbro casts.

The chick looks like a modified pilot Scarlett, or maybe they just used Pilot Scarlett's head... Not sure on the 2 Dreadnok looking dudes, but one looks like he could be a modified Ripper.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Here's a little history on the figures that I could find, in prototype format:

» Prototype pics from JoeCanuck

And higher-res promo pics of the figures:
» Captain Ruin
» Spook
» Valkyrie and Traceroute
» Coyote Troopers x2
» Night Ops and Mudslinger

...and I couldn't dig up the red-headed dude with the blue glasses... I'll see if I can figure out more about them.

From what I read on the JoeCanuck site, SDS casts the heads, and the figures are all dyed. I could be wrong, but I'll update this if I find more. I think it's very interesting the way that they're making these dudes. They've actually gotta be kinda pricy and tedious to make 100 of each of these, but probably cheaper than mass-producing them.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
They are all hand made MW. It depends on what they can find for what they make. They just did a question segment and were explaining it. Pretty cool actually. It sounds like it's a pain in the ass though.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hey Blood when you get a chance, can you give us a Cliff's Notes of the process in choosing/making their exclusive figs? It's got me curious.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Hey Blood when you get a chance, can you give us a Cliff's Notes of the process in choosing/making their exclusive figs? It's got me curious.

They basically have an idea of what they want to do and then they see what they can find that there is too much of for parts. They of course try to stick to the plan but it all depends on what they can find in the stores since it's not made by a factory.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Ah. So it looks like they made this years' from a bunch of leftover Extreme Conditions arctic sets, eh? I bet those could have been acquired fairly cheapish, but 100 of them?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
There was a few vendors that had those sets so you could be right. Don't forget time and the dye they use plus heads when thinking of price. I doubt it's a major profit.