WIP it out: What is the biggest you've seen?

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
...when it comes to dioramas in our scale, that is, what are some of the largest that you've seen. Wether it is a single building or some massive undertaking like Digler's ginormous base, I'd love to see what's out there and what's left an impression on y'all.

I have two projects in the mulling stages: a helipad that seems like it really needs a skyscraper under it, and a Cheyenne Mountain style base. I need some inspiration and something to gauge my obsession by.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Digler's was definitely the largest in 1:18, but Empire's spaceport play set was also very impressive.

The work of Kampfgruppe Von Abt still takes the cake for me.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I posted a video here once that was 1:16th scale RC truck & cars driving around a pretty big scale city.

In the next few years, we will start to do what the model railroaders did. Rip apart basements & build build build.

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
:grumpy: *grumbles under breath* Misleading thread title.:grumpy:

Ha! Yea, that was intentional Eddie bait... Sorry dude. Hopefully only your hope got up.

KT, that UK team's (there are teams?) work is really impressive. Thanks for the heads up on that.

I did a search for this Hoth dio y'all mentioned. That's cool, and the explosions are very cool. Really makes me want an At-At. In the same vein, that Spaceport is sweet as well!

Great stuff!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not so much a team as a group of enthusiasts. I've yet to see anyone that wasn't impressed with a scratch-built 1:6 80cm (K) E railway gun.