Would movie Thor work for this?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
As you may or maynot know, I'm working on making figures of all the characters from John Carpenter's "The Thing".

I have MacReady/Kurt Russell, but the version I currently have is him wearing a hooded sweat-shirt under his coat...you can't see his hair.
But I want to do a version where you can see his hair. I could probably sculpt it (the hair), but I'd rather not. Do you think any of the movie Thor figures would work? I know the hair on his forehead isn't the same, but I can fix that.

OR-should I go through the hassel of buying another of the base figure (25th Snowjob) just so I can get another of the same head and try to sculpt the hair on it? I know I said in another thread that I thought I could sculpt hair fair enough, but I'd rather skip it if I can.

Shots of Russell from the movie...

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Yes it would work. You'll have to bushy up the beard a bit, but I think that's a great use for that head.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, i really can't see why it wouldn't work.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You'd be surprised. I hear tale that there are still Walmarts with 9 dollar RoC figures. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not around here. He really didn't pegwarm like Duke normally does.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
You'd be surprised. I hear tale that there are still Walmarts with 9 dollar RoC figures. :D

Pffft, I can always resort to repacking.

...anyway, that head looks great...and if you can score a RoC Baroness with the removable sunglasses, you could complete that one look above

I happen to have said Baroness sunglasses. I might have to make more than one version of his head, "wearing sunglasses", the frosted "you locked me out bitches" version, the "drinking J&B" version and perhaps another blue hooded version just so all the likenesses look the same.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thanks Med, I'm pretty sure I know where mine are (I put them in a big container so they wouldn't get lost), but I'll hit you up if they get lost.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
SCORE!

While checking out another board someone mentioned Target was having a crazy clearence sale that was at it's cheapest today. So I ran over there hoping to find some of the MU two-packs for $3, but no joy.
However, I did find some of the Thor figures on clearence for $3, some kind of "battle armor" version with firing "lightining" missles, so I snagged two of them.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah it was weird the "deluxe" thor figures were on sale @ my Target but not the normal ones.

They all seemed to be shooting semen missiles though, so I left them.

I know! I turned the corner and they had the normal single figures for $7+ and I was like, why would anyone buy these?!

K -I'll be getting to work on it ASAP. And now I'm thinking I might want to use one of the heads for a Snake Plissken custom.