Would Terry Crews Been A Better Casting Choice As Roadblock

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
I don't know if he has the "star power," but would Terry Crews had been a better casting choice as Roadblock. If he had gotten the part, it's safe to say it would've been as a supporting character.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
If they wanted RB to be in more of a supportive role... Yes. Since RB is the main star and looks to be taking over in a leadership role... I think The Rock is the perfect choice. He has a unique charisma and star quality that gets a huge crossover appeal to several different genres and he can carry the load as the star of the film.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I think I'm one of the few people that can't stand Johnson, so anyone would have my vote before him. But yeah, Crews is a great choice.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I think 100% Crews woulda been better...he looks the part much more...just like I had a problem with them making a white guy black in the first film, I think it's equally stupid that they made a black guy into a Polynesian...but at least with Rock, he looks A LOT closer than Waynes did...

If they wanted RB to be in more of a supportive role... Yes. Since RB is the main star and looks to be taking over in a leadership role... I think The Rock is the perfect choice. He has a unique charisma and star quality that gets a huge crossover appeal to several different genres and he can carry the load as the star of the film.

I think once Rock was on board, they MADE the RB character the star...had Crews been cast, the movie coulda been totally different, which I think I woulda preferred...RB as the main character just seems odd IMO...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dwayne Johnson's father is black, so let's just get this bullshit, fanboy "They changed his race!" whining out of the way right now.

Terry Crews definitely looks the part, and is a funny motherfucker. If he had been chosen as Roadblock it wouldn't have bothered me in the least. However, as has been mentioned, Roadblock is the lead character in this one, and I'm not sure if Crews can carry a movie. Yet. Johnson has.

Besides, The Expendables and The Expendables II are better Joe movies anyhow.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011

I agree

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Dwayne Johnson's father is black, so let's just get this bullshit, fanboy "They changed his race!" whining out of the way right now.

Besides, The Expendables and The Expendables II are better Joe movies anyhow.

Huh...I always thought DJ was Samoan or something like that...I swear I read an article in mens health years ago that said so...though I may have conveniently forgot...

And agreed...Ex 1&2 are gonna be far better than any Joe movie...just a fact...a kids movie will never be able to compete...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011

Ditto...

He'd be a great secondary character, but I like the height of the Johnson. Crews is Big, but not as tall. Even next to Chatum , Crews would only be an inch taller...almost eye to eye. I like the fact that Johnson towers over the other actors.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Huh...I always thought DJ was Samoan or something like that...I swear I read an article in mens health years ago that said so...though I may have conveniently forgot...

And agreed...Ex 1&2 are gonna be far better than any Joe movie...just a fact...a kids movie will never be able to compete...

He's "chocolated" as they'd say. His mother is Samoan, his father is black Canadian in origin.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The truth is the only pasty ginger they could think of was Eric Stoltz and he didn't want to play Rip Cord.

Be thankful they got Marlon and not Shawn Wayans.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
So this thread and the Skinny or chubby girl thread should be merged...cause I'm pretty sure Rocks dad tore up his mom.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
The truth is the only pasty ginger they could think of was Eric Stoltz and he didn't want to play Rip Cord.

Be thankful they got Marlon and not Shawn Wayans.

Probably could have gotten the marine from Homeland but at the time, he was a no name.