WWII German Soldier Ebay lots, wtf?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Some guy on Ebay has been selling large lots of German soldiers and such. It's weird because judging from the pictures all of their accesories are either gone, wrong, or sold seperatly. I think it's the same guy who has been selling lots of Star Wars figures in lots of five. Where is this guy getting all of this stuff? Especially the 21st Century toys stuff?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Some guy on Ebay has been selling large lots of German soldiers and such. It's weird because judging from the pictures all of their accesories are either gone, wrong, or sold seperatly. I think it's the same guy who has been selling lots of Star Wars figures in lots of five. Where is this guy getting all of this stuff? Especially the 21st Century toys stuff?

are they fakes?

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011

If it's who i think you are talking about, He is from China... or close by. There probably old stock figures that never got out or have QC problems like most of the Star Wars figures.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
There are two sellers actually. One is by the username sinodolls and the other fourzerofive. I think SR_501 has a legit explanation but I just wanted to be sure, especially after all the speculatory shenanigans with the Panzer grey Flak 88's.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
These figures, the Star Wars figures, and the lots of VvV GI Joes that are sold on eBay come from a wholesaler in China. They claim to be producing these figures under license, or so they claim. I'm inclined to believe they are legally doing this though as I've talked with the factory that manufactures these. And they stated that they could change colors or change out parts to create new figures because they were not allowed to. I tried to purchase a bulk lot of Alley Vipers in custom colors but they would not do it.

There may be more than one manufacturer making these, but this is the only one that I know of through my searching. The eBay sellers are either affiliated with the factory or have bought wholesale lots from them. The figure's cost less than $2 each.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Various 21st figures with color changes, with some parts swapping (the heads on the DAK for one). The first lot are all JSI production wave 1 21st Germans. The colors are different, who can say if JSI originally did that or not. I don't recognize the pilot buck, but I know that "look up" head is a alternate for the twilight wave figures.

These could be "Midnight" production, or lifted from the factory or be "seconds". Or they could be "legit" domestic market items.

Anyhoo, skip those lousy wave 1 Krauts and go with those SS smock twilight wavers. Plenty of ways to reaccessorise them.

One item of interest is that German with the splittermuster smock and feldmutze. Never seen that before.

Last edited: